PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-20-2002, 05:54 PM #64
ButterfingersAO

has been a member for 10 years
the barrel condom nor the hands are moving in slow motion. The rof is so great that the bursts of air are trapped inside the condom and cause the condom to float or "dance" The blurriness you see around the condom is the vibration.

The guys hand on the gun is just holding the gun down as well as keeping the trigger depressed, he tried to keep as still as possible.

The hand holding the watch is my hand. I tried to get it as still as possible so that the watch face was not obscured.

Trust me, I would not waste my time, nor do I have the skill or software to edit a video.

Last edited by ButterfingersAO : 06-20-2002 at 05:57 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2002, 07:12 PM #65
CounterMeasure
Team Mythic

CounterMeasure is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kr8er
hmm im not saying the emag video is fake or anything... but i put the vid on full screen and the guys hand and the barrel bag are moving in slow motion?? the barrel bag goes forward and back only 7 times in the whole video, reallly slow too, why is it doing that?
This is due to camera exposure timing and object movement timing.

Its the same thing you see on TV when a helicopter or a fan is on screen and the blades appear to be going around slowly. The speed at which the object moves versus the speed at which the camera is shooting are not synced, so the motion looks...funny..

You can do it at home in a quick experiment too..and for free. Stare at ceiling fan going around fast and then start blinking as fast as you can. Notice how the motion of the blades change. You can do the same thing with a strobe light if you have it, and then your eyes won't get all tired

Make sure you have adult supervision if needed!

Edit: It could also be due to your computer's processing power. If you put a video full screen, and the computer can't handle it, then frames start dropping out as the application basically forgets about the frame and moves onto the next to keep up.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:11 PM #66
kr8er

why dont you make a video of the emag with paint on semi auto?
Old 06-20-2002, 08:28 PM #67
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by gatorchris

Horrible assumption on your part. The eye is seeing the bolt because the delay is set too short, thus allowing it to fire again with no ball in the breach. The halo is able to start a feed with the bolt coming back from said bolt in the breach making the eye pass, and thats whats causing chops. Gravity wouldnt feed fast enough with the bolt/eye problem and it would usually just skip. There are two fixes here, up the delay, or wait on the WAS board that actually makes the eyes smarter and wont allow a trigger input while the bolt is cycling. The eyes work, but as other technologies catch up, the timmy will have to adjust. WAS has handled that, your snide remark can be gone.

What snide remark you fukin jackass? I said right there that I dont know about the gun you moron.

I ask a simple question...

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 06-20-2002, 08:29 PM #68
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Just out of curiousity, what is the guns MROF in the video? I just want to know how fast the gun can cycle if it was full auto.

Thx

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 06-20-2002, 08:31 PM #69
ButterfingersAO

the gun was set to 30 cps.

Im not sure of the official rating on the timmy video but the gun can cycle faster than anybody can pull.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:00 PM #70
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Quote:
but what good is an eye if you can still skip or chop paint?
This one you jersey prick, it sounded snide. Dont go calling people names because you cant post coherently. In context it sounded like you were being a punk. You didnt ask a simple question, that would have been worded something like, "Why is it able to chop or skip," not "what good is it." By asking its value you are implying it is worth less.
Now that the shouting is out of the way, let bygones be bygones, chalk it up to another case of not being able to see emotions of facial expressions in a post, and misinterpreting it. Deal?
Old 06-20-2002, 11:45 PM #71
DyeGUY300
So Cal

Cool very fast. I was wondering does he like spaz hie hands kina, cause thats what i do and I out shoot 14 on my sfl so it realy only shoots about 12 or 13. When I get me equal board then... oh yeah.

BTW: There is a paintball show on now the first episode was on june 14th. There will be more a lot more depending on the ratings so you guys spread the werd. go here to get info.splatter factor
Old 06-21-2002, 12:57 AM #72
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

This one you jersey prick, it sounded snide. Dont go calling people names because you cant post coherently. In context it sounded like you were being a punk. You didnt ask a simple question, that would have been worded something like, "Why is it able to chop or skip," not "what good is it." By asking its value you are implying it is worth less.
Now that the shouting is out of the way, let bygones be bygones, chalk it up to another case of not being able to see emotions of facial expressions in a post, and misinterpreting it. Deal?
I can also say, dont go calling it a snide comment if you cant read properly. The statement before shows I dont know about the Timmy.....so my question, ANY way I put it, should be taken seriously. Its not like I have a history of bashing Timmys do I?

And maybe the eye IS worthless if it can be tricked.......hence the question. Let me say again that I have no clue about the Timmy's vision system.

BTW- Deal

Old 06-21-2002, 01:15 AM #73
CounterMeasure
Team Mythic

CounterMeasure is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DyeGUY300
BTW: There is a paintball show on now the first episode was on june 14th. There will be more a lot more depending on the ratings so you guys spread the werd. go here to get info.splatter factor

Paintball show? It looked more like a Kingman infomercial to me
All Kingman the total time. Everyone ran around with Spyders. Of course, Kingman was the main sponsor. But gosh, it was like an infomercial...

I especially liked the "tech section" where they disassembled a Kingman Spyder and "Tech Daddy" lubed it all up with a can of WD-40.

They never showed more than 2 seconds of actual play at a time.
And not a single skill lesson. Even golf shows give more play pointers. Atleast talk about how to coordinate, or communicate, or bunker someone...or something...

And the "Vid Pick"...oh yeah..that was paintball related...atleast they could pick some time filler that is interesting. It was about 7 minutes of a very short show (excluding commercials). This would have been time I would have used to talk about things to improve personal skills and play.

Their tourney pick was the Syder Cup (Kingman, of course, how could you not see that coming), and it was about 4 minutes long. They spent the entire time letting the teams introduce themselves, and showed the winners getting into the cars. Absolutely no video of the actual games at the tourney. *yawn*

I am glad I didn't get up early to watch it...just taped it. I hope it gets better...but in my opinion, thats the only direction it can go. I would like to say something good about it...atleast it was paintball related, and they tried to show the sport as safe, but that is all I can say good about it in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:30 AM #74
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Marauder is a Supporting Member
i can't wait to see the episode with the dahm triplets. hmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm! i'd like to bunker them
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old 06-21-2002, 08:47 AM #75
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by ButterfingersAO
Ask tex from odyessey if he was able to acheive 20 bps from any other gun.
That's cause it's easier to do on a powerfeed with the HALO... Verticle feed is harder to feed atn higher rates of fire. I'm sure you know why.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-21-2002, 08:51 AM #76
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
This one you jersey prick
Hey i take offense to that...

Wait, no i dont...
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-21-2002, 09:34 AM #77
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Quote:
And maybe the eye IS worthless if it can be tricked.......hence the question. Let me say again that I have no clue about the Timmy's vision system.
The eye wasnt really able to be tricked until the SOB came out, and it can be dealt with by upping the delay to match your speed of pull. People push the limit by trying to keep the delay as low as they can so it doesnt slow down their rof, and the skipping is what you get. If his delay was a little lower it would be chopping, not skipping. Any higher and the gun would feel sluggish, like the old board almost.

Mag, most guys I know from Jersey wouldnt take offense, when in rome....
Old 06-21-2002, 11:14 AM #78
ButterfingersAO

Quote:
Originally posted by Mag Master 21

That's cause it's easier to do on a powerfeed with the HALO... Verticle feed is harder to feed atn higher rates of fire. I'm sure you know why.
The latest 20bps halo vids were done with a vert feed e-mag and the 20 BPS "billboard" halo video was done with a custom low rise e-mag all sportin L10
Old 06-21-2002, 04:08 PM #79
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ButterfingersAO

The latest 20bps halo vids were done with a vert feed e-mag and the 20 BPS "billboard" halo video was done with a custom low rise e-mag all sportin L10
Yeah that video is insane. 20 BPS is impressive for a vert feed gun that does have blowback.

Old 06-21-2002, 04:11 PM #80
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

The eye wasnt really able to be tricked until the SOB came out, and it can be dealt with by upping the delay to match your speed of pull. People push the limit by trying to keep the delay as low as they can so it doesnt slow down their rof, and the skipping is what you get. If his delay was a little lower it would be chopping, not skipping. Any higher and the gun would feel sluggish, like the old board almost.

Mag, most guys I know from Jersey wouldnt take offense, when in rome....
Cant you increase the LPR pressure to make it complete the cycle faster?

What can I say, us Jersey guys are a little wound up. heh

Old 06-21-2002, 04:13 PM #81
ButterfingersAO

Yeah thats why they used L10... Apparently L10 is like a miracle drug... According to AGD "Greatly reduced blowback and ball bobble"
Old 06-21-2002, 04:19 PM #82
Chiller514
God Save the King

ya the LVL10 makes the bolt much "softer". It moves just as fast just more gentle. The kit consists of a bunch of shims and stuff.
And someone on the AGD forum about the GZ going 22bps or whatever broke down the audio file and anaylzed it. The kid never hit higher than 14 bps. Get the pic on AO

-jB.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:23 PM #83
ButterfingersAO

14 bps is still very impressive on semi auto, the kid deserves some credit. I could never do that.