PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-18-2002, 03:56 PM #43
ButterfingersAO

has been a member for 10 years
you can download the thing yourself and anylyze it...

The watch was there so you know the vid was not sped up. If it was not there you would be making an accusation that it was sped up.

Ehh. Never can win...

Feed rates are proportional to open bolt times. The slower your bolt the slower your rof.

If it takes 50 ms for your bolt to complete is physycal stroke you can have a jet engine powering a halo and the gun would not feed at 20 bps.

A BALL CAN ONLY FEED FOR THE TIME THE BOLT IS OPEN and AT REST.

Any other time the bolt is obstructing its path.

Say at 20 bps a shot is being fired every 50 ms.

38ms for an intimidator stroke minus that from 50 ms... This leaves 12 ms for the ball to get into the breach. If the halo cant push the ball into the breach this 12 ms time frame it wont feed.

20ms for an e-mag this leaves 30 ms feed time for the halo to push a ball into the breach.

Ask tex from odyessey if he was able to acheive 20 bps from any other gun.

Its funny how we have all provided facts and all you can do is critisize and base things on heresay.

Do you have proof... bottom line NO....

If you have no sufficent evidence to support your claim yet you still insist that the videos and analysis are false and that you are right its what psychiatrists call DENIAL.

Hey you brought the topic up I just responded... If you cant accept it don't read it.

If you want to shut me up PROVE IT TO ME.

Any of you live on Long Island? Ill give you the gun and you can pull the trigger yourself. Take an audio bit of the gun and anylize it until your eyes and ears fall out.

Last edited by ButterfingersAO : 06-18-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:05 PM #44
ballbusters86

Quote:
Originally posted by ButterfingersAO
Hey you brought the topic up I just responded... If you cant accept it don't read it.
I hate people that say that. You have to read it to know if youd wanna "accept" it or not....

Anyways, since the gun was skipping some shots in the video, that means that he had a delay that he couldnt fire, not sure what he had it set at on the video. But if its 15 ms, that means that its slowing him down too, if it just kept shooting with no delay at all, wouldnt it have been a little faster?
Old 06-18-2002, 06:13 PM #45
Drayko

Quote:
...you can have a jet engine powering a halo...
- Sounds Interesting . . .

Quote:
you can download the thing yourself and anylyze it...

The watch was there so you know the vid was not sped up. If it was not there you would be making an accusation that it was sped up. ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Marauder
...i did like the vid about the mad [mag?] that's supposed to be shooting 30bps. i think it's funny how they cover up the gun with the watch the entire time. plus it sounds just like a vaccume pump we have here at the office.
-I think I missed something. What video is this? Where can I see it (link please)?
Bob Long Blue Fade Intimidator #2345 @ 70 psi / 175 psi
~Clamshell ~Torpedo ~Tribal Eye Covers ~CIP Clamping No Rise
WTB Crossfire N2 Tank Liquid Snatch Grip
My Feedback & F/S (Ergo regulator, Spyder, Remote $17)
Need/WTB Clamshell LCD Buttons & Sticky Grip Screws plz help
Old 06-18-2002, 06:22 PM #46
ButterfingersAO

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=39551

To add to the credibility:

1) The BPS was figured out independently by various people. I never quoted ANY number.

2) The analysis was consistent between all the people who tore it apart.

3) The vid was timed using an analog timepeice eliminating the possibility of timing tricks.

4) The ROF was so great that the barrel condom did not have time to settle. It was floating on the bursts of air. Hence, the dancing barrel condom phenomenon.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:40 PM #47
WordTizzle

WHen is the equalizer board being publically released?
Old 06-18-2002, 10:07 PM #48
timmydude

equalizer

should be available for publick 1st week of july hopefully WAS will have a full stock of them by then.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:14 PM #49
sk8paint

i cant wait for the WAS
NW paintball products spoon D/F
68ci aci bulldog II w/lp output
blue ricochet 2k
Old 06-20-2002, 12:55 AM #50
SWAT GUY
MR. Harry Bolzonya

SWAT GUY is a Supporting Member
True... BUT ALSO

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah
Who cares how fast a marker can fire without paint? Throwing paint without chopping is where it's at. 50 shots/sec does no one any good if you can't shoot paint that fast.
Timmah- I couldn't agree with you more. However, 50 shots/sec does no one any good when they cant hit the side of a barn either. Too many players worry about shooting 10,15,20 BPS that they dont stop to think "Did I even hit anything?" Just a thought

A+ Anno

My Feedback
Old 06-20-2002, 03:07 AM #51
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
I dont know much about Timmys, if anything, but what good is an eye if you can still skip or chop paint?

Anyway listen to what Butterfingers is saying. If the gun doesnt allow enough 'open' time then there is no way you are going to shoot as fast as the HALO can feed. The guy in the vid sounds like hes doing 15bps from what I can hear. If you guys heard the old HALO vid of the mag at 16 bps you can compare the two. That Emag at 20 bps is INSANE.

Whats the 'open' time for an Angel?

Thx

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 06-20-2002, 06:02 AM #52
Vern1
Timmy - WooHoo!!

Vern1 is a Supporting Member
Vern1 is a founding member
Vern1 helped look for balloons
Jeez..........
Folks ask for some Timi video and we put it up.
We NEVER CLAIMED we were shooting XX balls per second.
We were however shooting with paint, using semi-auto, not some LAME A$$ full auto, and hitting the traget which was an 18" long piece of 18" diameter hyperball tubing at about 75 feet away on the shooting range the first time.
This one was just shooting, but we were STILL using paint and SEMI AUTO - one shot one pull and NO TRIGGER BOUNCE.
Folks on here know how we feel about trigger bounce and/or full auto - IT IS CHEATING.

(Vern puts on asbestos drawers)

If you are bragging about shooting fast without paint, YOU ARE LAME - kinda like playing air guitar - looks and sounds good, but no substance.
If you are bragging about how fast someone is "shooting" full auto, YOU ARE LAME - anyone can set up full auto, tape the trigger down and put it in a vise or give it to a monkey and have fast shots.

As long as there are brand X and brand Y markers, there will be arguments and supporters from both sides: Mine is more accurate, mine is faster, mine looks better, etc.

Can't we just get along, get over it, take it to the field and PLAY.

(drawers changed back to normal Fruit of the Loom)
Petty Paintball - www.pettypb.com
Old 06-20-2002, 06:32 AM #53
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Where is the first vid?

Thx

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 06-20-2002, 07:29 AM #54
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Marauder is a Supporting Member
remove the 2 in the link and you'll find it.
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old 06-20-2002, 08:27 AM #55
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Quote:
I dont know much about Timmys, if anything, but what good is an eye if you can still skip or chop paint?
Horrible assumption on your part. The eye is seeing the bolt because the delay is set too short, thus allowing it to fire again with no ball in the breach. The halo is able to start a feed with the bolt coming back from said bolt in the breach making the eye pass, and thats whats causing chops. Gravity wouldnt feed fast enough with the bolt/eye problem and it would usually just skip. There are two fixes here, up the delay, or wait on the WAS board that actually makes the eyes smarter and wont allow a trigger input while the bolt is cycling. The eyes work, but as other technologies catch up, the timmy will have to adjust. WAS has handled that, your snide remark can be gone.

Quote:
Anyway listen to what Butterfingers is saying. If the gun doesnt allow enough 'open' time then there is no way you are going to shoot as fast as the HALO can feed. The guy in the vid sounds like hes doing 15bps from what I can hear. If you guys heard the old HALO vid of the mag at 16 bps you can compare the two. That Emag at 20 bps is INSANE.
I dont get the point of this argument, I dont care what your gun can do in full auto, its very impressive but get your collective mag OG together and get one video of a guy pulling close to what morph was. Not dry firing, not firing in full auto, pulling. Ill be impressed then, but at this point, you are living on theory. Theory is gonna keep your *** in the dead box talking about how much better your emag is, while guys that can actually back up the hype behind their guns are walking the flag in on your team.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:49 AM #56
WordTizzle

Vern with the exception of BILL and TED air guitar is lame hehe.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:43 PM #57
ButterfingersAO

Vern,

I have no doubt in my mind that what you did was very impressive.

In fact the fastest person at the world cup could only fire 13 bps sustained.

You have shattered that record. You should be proud, you have a reason to be. I AM DEFINATELY impressed with what you did. It is the most amazing thing I have seen a human finger do

My problem comes from people discrediting my work and saying my video is fake when they have no basis for such an assumption.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:09 PM #58
Drayko

Quote:
...My problem comes from people discrediting my work and saying my video is fake when they have no basis for such an assumption.
Just incase you didn't hear it from here yet. Your E-Mag video was awesome too!! I see no reason why people should question it's validity. Did you design the new board? It's nice. Btw, just askin, what tank did you use with that demonstration? It must have an insane recharge rate.

...I can't wait for WAS's board.
Bob Long Blue Fade Intimidator #2345 @ 70 psi / 175 psi
~Clamshell ~Torpedo ~Tribal Eye Covers ~CIP Clamping No Rise
WTB Crossfire N2 Tank Liquid Snatch Grip
My Feedback & F/S (Ergo regulator, Spyder, Remote $17)
Need/WTB Clamshell LCD Buttons & Sticky Grip Screws plz help
Old 06-20-2002, 02:24 PM #59
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Marauder is a Supporting Member
i don't recall anyone saying it was fake but hey i'm not here to argue.
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old 06-20-2002, 02:39 PM #60
ButterfingersAO

Quote:
Originally posted by Drayko

Just incase you didn't hear it from here yet. Your E-Mag video was awesome too!! I see no reason why people should question it's validity. Did you design the new board? It's nice. Btw, just askin, what tank did you use with that demonstration? It must have an insane recharge rate.

...I can't wait for WAS's board.
I personally did not design the new board. The owner of modified paintball came out with this new board and he needed a tech to work on the mechanical aspect of fine tuning the gun so I fell into the boat. I know he has them made but im unsure who designed it.

We tried everything from Nitroducks to Maxflows the only thing that worked for a sustained rate was a wide open scuba tank with 900psi left in it.

Im intrested in knowing if mac dev can make a custom spring for a conquest.

If your really want to see the crossfire test in orders of magnitude lol we got your ticket. Its no longer a matter of which tank drops off or not its a matter of how long the tank can sustain fire without dropping to half its set output.

Last edited by ButterfingersAO : 06-20-2002 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:19 PM #61
defiance

I do know & love Intimidators, so you guys will know I am not saying any biased statements here: From the point of view of someone who has experience with marker control systems, I personally feel that the 'timi's internal logic does have a few annoying flaws. Bob added in a 'delay' setting to cover for both a real debounce timer & logic to determine when the bolt has returned... I hope those two flaws (and that, IMO, weak bandaid) will be taken care of in the new board they're developing
but, that weakness doesn't negate the antichop effects, it just allows for the occasional 'blank'.
With that said, I can set my DV8 to cycle my defiant at 40bps, that won't make it any faster (in reality) than any other marker out there. Electronics aren't the limitation, mechanics are. And the 'timi is limited at around 18-20. The emag has proven that it's capable of higher (20bps), but I'd bet the emag has reached it's limitation as well.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 06-20-2002, 03:29 PM #62
stangy
Awaiting Email Confirmation

elTwitcho..that was one of the funniest things ive heard in a long time..ahahha
Old 06-20-2002, 04:33 PM #63
kr8er

hmm im not saying the emag video is fake or anything... but i put the vid on full screen and the guys hand and the barrel bag are moving in slow motion?? the barrel bag goes forward and back only 7 times in the whole video, reallly slow too, why is it doing that?