Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2014, 02:10 PM #1
Murph1329

Priorities

You know why I don't like Obama....priorities.

Here we have the White House injecting themselves into a local matter once again because they see an opportunity to divide the country even more through their social justice experiment.

Why does the White House care more about a fat thug thief in Missouri then our open borders and a marine being jailed in Mexico?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-17-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2014, 09:00 PM #2
Murph1329

Here's the cherry on top of the **** Sunday....

Obama is cutting his vacation short of this!!!! Yes out of all the ****ed up things that have happened this year that he ignored by either going on a fundraiser or vacation this matter warrants executive action over all others.....

You can't make this **** up.

This White House is completely clueless.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 PM #3
Iamamartianchurch

Maybe because open borders isn't a real ****ing problem. I mean damn I have no nice things to say about the guy but you people bring up the most asinine ****.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM #4
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Migration has its place in every civilised society and can bring benefits to individuals and to the society as a whole. But it must be kept subject to law, not become a free-for-all, and organised or limited according to democratically-expressed preferences of the society being affected by it. It is regrettable that some economic liberals appear to be incapable of seeing the difference between goods and people, and that some political liberals cannot acknowledge a distinction between citizens and foreigners. Those who promote large scale migration seldom have to live with its consequences. Only those in favour of unbridled capitalism, those who put the short-term interests of employers before anything else, those who cannot see that a society’s boundaries must be protected, can be in favour of "open borders".

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 AM #5
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
because they see an opportunity to divide the country even more through their social justice experiment.
Did that divide the country MORE than it WAS already? I don't think so.

So we should not experiment with achieving social justice? Should not strive for social justice? That the elected officials, the LEADERS of our country should not speak up FOR social justice?

Watch out. According to the projections by the Census Bureau, whites will be a minority by 2042.

Social Change takes TIME. You white boys better get busy working towards social and racial justice and equality. You are going to need it..

Quote:
Migration has its place in every civilised society and can bring benefits to individuals and to the society as a whole. But it must be kept subject to law, not become a free-for-all, and organised or limited according to democratically-expressed preferences of the society being affected by it.
Interesting thought. I would agree the underlying issues related to immigration has MONEY as one of the roots of the problem. Poverty south of the border drives peoples desire to have a better economic life. Clear evidence is at the service desk at any grocery store or Walmart. A sign in Spanish advertising a service to wire money back home, south of the border.

Some truth to the argument about taking jobs that Americans will not take. Especially in agriculture.

The arguments that they take jobs from Americans as well. Mostly the ones for unskilled labor. That echos the same economic arguments we heard down south that blacks were taking jobs away from white boys. I believe we passed a law about hiring discrimination on the basis of race. So it holds no water for me. That argument if firmly rooted in racism...

In my personal experience with Latinos is that their work ethic puts us white boys to shame.

Quote:
Why does the White House care more about a fat thug thief in Missouri then our open borders and a marine being jailed in Mexico?
I saw several news reports indicating the State Department was VERY involved trying to resolve the issues for the jailed Marine. Obama cannot be expected to micromanage every thing going on in America and the World. Why there is that huge bureaucracy, departments, cabinet positions, etc.

Quote:
those who cannot see that a society’s boundaries must be protected, can be in favour of "open borders".
Since you display the Confederate Flag so proudly, I simply have to ASK which society's boundary's your are talking about. The one Americas Laws define or your ideology. Inquiring minds want to know.

Open borders or a 2000 mile Berlin Wall with minefields and automatic machine guns shooting everything that moves That is the question.

I personally don't like the idea of a Berlin Wall. There is justification for some level of security for reasons in addition to illegal immigration. Sad but true. It belongs somewhere inbetween.

Like the "War on Drugs" that is a proven failure after billions have been spent on enforcement. The War on illegal immigration is similarly showing signs of failure. In both cases the demand and debate was whether or not to throw MORE money on enforcement rather than alternative solutions.

I want to point out that NAFTA, in spite of its criticisms, has done wonders for Mexico economy and poverty. There is no doubt in my mind that our current situation would be so much worse without it. I have vacationed and now retired spend 6 months a year in Mexico. Own property there. 20 years ago, there was two gas stations and not one stoplight in Puerto Vallarta. Now they have hundreds of stoplights, traffic and parking issues, air pollution, a gas station every mile. Obesity and diabetes is alarmingly on the rise. We rent our property. Only over the last 5-10 years have we gotten rentals from Mexican nationals. 80% of the license plates in the lot have Mexican plates. Monterrey we drive through is an industrial hub with all the advantages of industrialization. Jobs and horrible air pollution.

Imagine what some additional monies and laws to assist Mexico and other Central American countries could do. Basic infrastructure like roads, education, technical schools, etc. would do to curb illegal immigration.

Have we noted the legalization of pot in many states. That works well to curb the illegal importation of pot and the other traffic that comes with it.

What I don't understand is how these poverty stricken Mexicans can pay smugglers thousands of dollars to sneak them across the border. Somebody will have to explain that to me. Got to be something else going on.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 AM #6
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Migration has its place in every civilised society and can bring benefits to individuals and to the society as a whole. But it must be kept subject to law, not become a free-for-all, and organised or limited according to democratically-expressed preferences of the society being affected by it. It is regrettable that some economic liberals appear to be incapable of seeing the difference between goods and people, and that some political liberals cannot acknowledge a distinction between citizens and foreigners. Those who promote large scale migration seldom have to live with its consequences. Only those in favour of unbridled capitalism, those who put the short-term interests of employers before anything else, those who cannot see that a society’s boundaries must be protected, can be in favour of "open borders".
There's no historical example of a society halting large scale migration through military action or even building walls. Really you'll want to look at the negative impact on public health that you incur by being strict about citizenship. Skipping out on the naturalization process guarantees migrants don't get the proper immunizations. Rounding illegals up and storing them in holding and processing facilities is grounds for epidemics that could easily spill over onto our native populations; especially when said illegals are relocated to relieve the over crowded facilities to other parts of the nation and set free so to speak until they can see a judge.

Illegal immigration favors employers and the middle class. legal migration does not since they would be eligible for American wages.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 AM #7
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
Really you'll want to look at the negative impact on public health that you incur by being strict about citizenship. Skipping out on the naturalization process guarantees migrants don't get the proper immunizations.
Where is the EVIDENCE for that?

CDC disagrees but 30 minutes of searching their massive website yields no recent documentation about the incidence of communicable disease in immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

I do know there is a well established immunization program for children in Mexico. Not so in Central America.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:18 AM #8
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Where is the EVIDENCE for that?

CDC disagrees but 30 minutes of searching their massive website yields no recent documentation about the incidence of communicable disease in immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

I do know there is a well established immunization program for children in Mexico. Not so in Central America.
I don't have any articles off hand, I'm drawing from memory, sorry.