Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who should be able to come to America?
I think anyone from any country should be able to come to America, regardless of their past 6 37.50%
I think anyone hould be able to come to America, but only if they posses a skill we can use (doctor, engineer) 3 18.75%
I think that some countries should not be allowed to have immigrants become citizens here, due to bad track record 2 12.50%
I would limit immigration to select people of wealth or employment, in a select dozen countries or so 1 6.25%
We should stop letting all immigrants into this country, and close the border 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 PM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lightbulb The problem isn't illegal immigration - it is legal immigration as well

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-04-24.html

"The problem isn't just illegal immigration. I would rather have doctors and engineers sneaking into the country than legally arriving ditch-diggers.

Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration act so dramatically altered the kinds of immigrants America admits that, since 1969, about 85 percent of legal immigrants have come from the Third World. They bring Third World levels of poverty, fertility, illegitimacy and domestic violence with them. When they can't make it in America, they simply go on welfare and sometimes strike out at Americans.

In addition to the four dead and more than 100 badly wounded victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, let's consider a few of the many other people who would be alive, but for Kennedy's immigration law:

-- The six Long Island railroad passengers murdered in 1993 by Jamaican immigrant Colin Ferguson. Before the shooting, Ferguson was unemployed, harassing women on subways, repeatedly bringing lawsuits against police and former employers, applying for workman's compensation for fake injuries and blaming all his problems on white people. Whom he then decided to murder.

-- The two people killed outside CIA headquarters in 1993 by Pakistani illegal immigrant Mir Qazi. He had been working as a driver for a courier company. (It's nearly impossible to find an American who can drive.)

-- Christoffer Burmeister, a 27 year-old musician killed in a mass shooting by Palestinian immigrant Ali Hassan Abu Kamal in 1997 at the Empire State Building. Hassan had immigrated to America with his family two months earlier at age 68. (It's a smart move to bring in immigrants just in time to pay them Social Security benefits!)

-- Bill Cosby's son, Ennis, killed in 1997 by 18-year-old Ukrainian immigrant Mikhail Markhasev, who had come to this country with his single mother eight years earlier -- because we were running short on single mothers.

Markhasev, who had a juvenile record, shot Cosby point-blank for taking too long to produce his wallet. He later bragged about killing a "n*gger."

-- The three people murdered at the Appalachian School of Law in 2002 by Nigerian immigrant Peter Odighizuwa, angry at America because he had failed out of law school. At least it's understandable why our immigration policies would favor a 43-year-old law student. It's so hard to get Americans to go to law school these days!

-- The stewardess and passenger murdered by Egyptian immigrant Hesham Mohamed Hadayet when he shot up the El Al ticket counter at the Los Angeles airport in 2002. Hesham, a desperately needed limousine driver, received refugee status in the U.S. because he was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Apparently, that's a selling point if you want to immigrate to America.

-- The six men murdered by Mexican immigrant Salvador Tapia at the Windy City Core Supply warehouse in Chicago in 2003, from which he had been fired six months earlier. Tapia was still in this country despite having been arrested at least a dozen times on weapons and assault charges. Only foreign newspapers mentioned that Tapia was an immigrant. American newspapers blamed the gun.

-- The six people killed in northern Wisconsin in 2004 by Hmong immigrant Chai Soua Vang, who shot his victims in the back after being caught trespassing on their property. Minnesota Public Radio later explained that Hmong hunters don't understand American laws about private property, endangered species, or really any laws written in English. It was an unusual offense for a Hmong, whose preferred crime is raping 12- to 14-year-old girls -- as extensively covered in the Fresno Bee and Minneapolis Star Tribune.

-- The five people murdered at the Trolley Square Shopping Mall in Salt Lake City by Bosnian immigrant Sulejman Talovic in 2007. Talovic was a Muslim high school dropout with a juvenile record. No room for you, Swedish doctor. We need resentful Muslims!

-- The 32 people murdered at Virginia Tech in 2007 by Seung-Hui Cho, a South Korean immigrant.

-- The 13 soldiers murdered at Fort Hood in 2009 by "accused" shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, son of Palestinian immigrants. Hasan's parents had operated a restaurant in Roanoke, Va., because where are we going to find Americans to do that?

-- The 13 people killed at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, N.Y., by Vietnamese immigrant Jiverly Wong, who became a naturalized citizen two years after being convicted of fraud and forgery in California. Wong was angry that people disrespected him for his poor English skills.

-- Florence Donovan-Gunderson, who was shot along with her husband, and three National Guardsmen in a Carson City IHOP gunned down by Mexican immigrant Eduardo Sencion in 2011.

-- The three people, including a 15-year-old girl, murdered in their home in North Miami by Kesler Dufrene, a Haitian immigrant and convicted felon who had been arrested nine times, but was released when Obama halted deportations to Haiti after the earthquake. Dufrene chose the house at random.

-- The many African-Americans murdered by Hispanic gangs in Los Angeles in the last few years, including Jamiel Shaw Jr., a star football player being recruited by Stanford; Cheryl Green, a 14-year-old eighth-grade student chosen for murder solely because she was black; and Christopher Ash, who witnessed Green's murder. "

Also:

"The mass murderers were from Afghanistan, South Korea, Vietnam, Haiti, South Africa, Ethiopia and Mexico. None were from Canada or Western Europe. "

Now, I have openly stated my disdain for Ann Coulter multiple times, but she makes a valid point here. Illegal aliens are obviously a problem, all sane people agree on that. But perhaps stopping the number of legal aliens we take in from certain countries needs to be more seriously evaluated. Some of these people are clear red flag bottom feeder troublemakers and yet they somehow find their way into this country. I am open to someone disputing a certain country that Coulter blatantly lists as "bad" (for example, South Korea has one incident only as far as I am aware) but some of those countries are multiple time offenders like Mexico. Immigration from there should of been halted ages ago. Eastern Europe has a far less stellar track record here than Western Europe as well.

Would you support taking steps to stopping immigration from all, most, some or no countries for the foreseeable future? Does anyone dispute any piece of information presented here as not true? If so, what is it?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM #2
F1VENOM

Immigration seems to be the consensus reason we're doing as well as we are. Without immigrants we're experiencing negative population growth and much of our intellectual capital comes from abroad. This reads more like that apple saying that doesn't apply to people.
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM #3
Swerve22

Source for that claim f1?

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM #4
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

There was a time when open boarders was logical for the U.S. My how times have changed. Now we have a president policing the world making enemies we don't even know yet.

It's ironic how libtards are so against freedom and liberty unless it pertains to an issue that gives them more voting power at the polls. Go figure.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why." - DLR

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM #5
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Immigration seems to be the consensus reason we're doing as well as we are. Without immigrants we're experiencing negative population growth and much of our intellectual capital comes from abroad. This reads more like that apple saying that doesn't apply to people.
Ok. Are some groups of immigrants more or less productive/useful/a threat to US citizens than others? Coulter clearly indicates some are more likely to commit a rime, kill someone, etc.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM #6
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Ok. Are some groups of immigrants more or less productive/useful/a threat to US citizens than others? Coulter clearly indicates some are more likely to commit a rime, kill someone, etc.
My guess is it breaks down along socioeconomic lines just like your run of the mill US crime. She can say all she wants but until she produces numbers it's just conjecture. I'll do a bit of looking around.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM #7
Swerve22

I ready f1's post wrong, I do actually agree with his premise. Our social structure is failing to the point where without immigrants our country will be contracting. In other words our culture is failing. That being said we still have a lot more people that want to come here than we need, so we can afford to be a little bit selective over who we allow here. The whole "you get in only if you know somebody on the inside" thing has got to go - needs to be more merit based.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 PM #8
F1VENOM

I didn't notice your original post, sorry. I'm not talking about reasons why our population is in a decline, just that it is. Without immigrants and immigration we'd be facing the issues of Japan and the Western European countries who are looking at an aging workforce and a smaller replacement force that'll end up causing issues with retirement.

http://business.time.com/2012/12/04/...ing-recession/

Last edited by F1VENOM : 04-24-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM #9
Swerve22

Yes I agree with that, read the post wrong.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 PM #10
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I didn't notice your original post, sorry. I'm not talking about reasons why our population is in a decline, just that it is. Without immigrants and immigration we'd be facing the issues of Japan and the Western European countries who are looking at an aging workforce and a smaller replacement force that'll end up causing issues with retirement.

http://business.time.com/2012/12/04/...ing-recession/
Stupid boomers decided careers were more important than creating another generation. What else can be expected of a generation of narcissists.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 PM #11
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Immigrants built and continue to maintain the greatness of this country. Most people born in the country after WWII are more than content to just coast on the accomplishments that their forebears wrought.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 AM #12
Stormtrooper™
Maybe it's another drill

Do you have a legitimate source for that sweeping generalization Rapier7? A lot of people around the world don't think we are so great anymore.
Stormtrooper™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM #13
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Is there a viable solution being offered in contrast to what Ann Coulter said in her article? Or should we just ignore her and blindly support letting anyone come here, despite the problems said immigrants can cause coming here in large numbers?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Couldn't respond to the poll. None of the above was not available.

I think anyone from any country should be able to come to America, regardless of their past No criminals, druggies, etc.

I think anyone hould be able to come to America, but only if they posses a skill we can use (doctor, engineer) What about farm workers, starting small businesses, bilingual persons in custormer service. the grandparents of the doctor? Maybe an educational level and knowledge of English for ONE member of the family. But families move together and should be allowed to stay together. If they can support their family, why not.

I think that some countries should not be allowed to have immigrants become citizens here, due to bad track record. How do you apply a country's track record to an individual? how do you decided what a country's track record is in the first place. Yes, many country's don't keep any information about individuals we could effectively use. How do we do a credit report on a family in the Congo or Afghanistain. A criminal background check? Drivers License check. Traffic tickets, insurance claim history. Vetting people from some countries would be problematic as there is no way to verify their past history.

I would limit immigration to select people of wealth or employment, in a select dozen countries or so.

Ridiculous....

We should stop letting all immigrants into this country, and close the border Also Ridiculous.

How many servicemen and women marry foreign nationals? Folks in Detroit that married Canadians. Both of my sons married foreign nationals.

We shouldn't let known criminals, druggies, etc. immigrate. Maybe some exceptions for political asylum cases. A criminal in one country might be someone we WANT in America.

So a reasonable vetting process should occur. I worked with a bunch of Bosnians and other minorities. They put us white boys to shame with their work ethic.

FYI if I wanted to be a full time resident in Mexico, I have to jump through quite a few hoops. One of which is a deposit of a large sum of money in one of their national banks. They welcome retirees that will spend their Social Security Checks and Pensions in Mexico but if you don't have money, they don't want you...

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 04-26-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:04 AM #15
OA paintball
Matt Ragsdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
I think anyone from any country should be able to come to America, regardless of their past

No criminals, druggies, etc.

I think anyone hould be able to come to America,

but only if they posses a skill we can use

I think that some countries should not be allowed to have immigrants become citizens here, due to bad track record.

I would limit immigration to select people of wealth or employment, in a select dozen countries or so.

We should stop letting all immigrants into this country, and close the border Also Ridiculous.

We shouldn't let known criminals, druggies, etc. immigrate.

So a reasonable vetting process should occur. I worked with a bunch of Bosnians and other minorities. They put us white boys to shame with their work ethic.
the bold mixed with the rest confused me. i get what youre saying though
PJ's and no shirt; smoke weed eat yogurt.
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM #16
Snake13
Sky Soldier

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Or should we just ignore her
This is always the correct response to Coulter

I mean her anecdotal list of murders by immigrants goes back to 1993, thats 20 years, in a country with something like 15,000 murders a year.

Its like if I made a post suggesting we should ban women from driving because I can produce a handful of anecdotes of female drivers causing accidents.
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM #17
scienceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post

I mean her anecdotal list of murders by immigrants goes back to 1993, thats 20 years, in a country with something like 15,000 murders a year.

Its like if I made a post suggesting we should ban women from driving because I can produce a handful of anecdotes of female drivers causing accidents.
That's how I felt, but I was too lazy to say it.

However I do feel it is way to easy to claim refugee status and get a green card. A sad story can easily be made up, and how does one disprove their story.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM #18
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:46 PM #19
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post

I'm not a fan of Coulter either, but we could certainly look at more recent information and find a large majority of Mexican immigrants committing crimes here, and all of the ones from Canada and Western Europe and find next to no crime in direct comparison.

Even when this is pointed out, people just look the other way. I am left to gather that "Being trendy and hip > Keeping America safe" is the common belief. Doesn't mean stop all immigration entirely, but leaving the door wide open is not the solution.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM #20
F1VENOM

You mean having more Mexicans means there's more crime? Really? Did you need this lady to point it out for you? What kind of crimes? Is there a disproportionate rise in violent crime?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 PM #21
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Being Mexican has nothing to do with it. More people = more crime. It's a no brainer.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why." - DLR

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote