PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-11-2001, 12:38 AM #1
Mecam

has been a member for 10 years
Question

What is the proper way to adjust the RAM? The manual says one thing and WDP's website says the total opposite.

The manual states rotate the the RAM clockwise till the bolt's pin rubs slightly on the hammer's rear side's groove by opening the breach. Also must finish off by turning the RAM clockwise.

WDP's online quick fix states turn the RAM counter-clockwise till the bolt's pin rubs slightly on the hammer's front side's groove by opening the breach so the bolt pin is at the rearest most position.

Which one is the proper setting?

I've set it to what the manual states and I get about +/-6 difference on my shots over a chrono with an Armaggedon Air System. But I wan't to make sure that is the proper way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2001, 05:15 PM #2
angelusr

whichever is needed to make sure the bolt's pin does rub up against the back groove of the hammer. Causing it to click when the breech is closed and give a slight resistance when opening the breech.

best of luck.
Old 04-11-2001, 06:25 PM #3
lonsch

i have a led and the breach will just flop open is that bad?
Old 04-12-2001, 11:17 PM #4
iwasrenamed (Banned)

Your flop...

Flopping open is fine. Unless it does it while the breach pin is pushed to the most forward position. It is when you close it you should hear a click. Now setting your ram will not help your velocity consistancy only with efficiency.

The click is good... Say it with me...

TF
Old 04-13-2001, 12:14 AM #5
lonsch

Unhappy

well if a click is good then my gun is bad. i also get air coming out of the front ove the breach block
Old 04-23-2001, 05:31 PM #6
Norris

click, or not to click

The click when you close your breach is NOT necessary!!!
The "click", is a rule of thumb to get it set close to what it should be, but not at all an absolute. Clockwise or counter clockwise, as mentioned that depends on where it's at now. Actually on an LED, to be right in between works best, in other words have your bolt pin dead center in the hammer groove.