PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-30-2005, 01:06 AM #1
R1PP3R (Banned)

halo tsa mod

does the halo tsa have the same board design as the halo b cause if it does we can pr mod it to be as fast as a halo b for 40 dollars less
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 AM #2
CRaKeR
U WiSH U WeRe ME

here is the best mod you can do to the tsa www.ebay.com ... haha ... no the TSA does not use the same board as Halo B...and i wouldn't reccomend the PR mod on a halo B...very high risk of frying your board or motor.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:31 AM #3
R1PP3R (Banned)

well i was woundering if it was the same design not the same exact board but thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 01:36 AM #4
CRaKeR
U WiSH U WeRe ME

no u can basically say the TSA is a revvy pretty much as far as electronics and board really. I'd reccomend a used halo B over a new TSA in my opinion or save up and get a halo B i know its expensive but they will out last a TSA by a long time
Old 05-30-2005, 11:22 AM #5
R1PP3R (Banned)

i would too im planning on getting one but i wanted to experiment with the tsa for a mod i would never buy that for a primary hopper yuk lol but thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 04:19 PM #6
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

has been a member for 10 years
if you already have a TSA, you could theoretically buy some halo B shells and mod it with some simple soldering skills and whatnot.

the boards on both are roughly the same size, and the backplates are close, but the TSA's is smaller. all you'd have to do is lengthen the wires from the board to the motor, use a halo B drive cone and rig up a way to connect the 9 volts from the front of the shells to the board where the contacts are. after that you'll be riding the gravy train, with a slower, sound activated Halo A(the old gear drive style) or you could just buy a new halo or reloader B.. but where's the fun in that?

I see now, I see."
Old 06-01-2005, 08:32 PM #7
R1PP3R (Banned)

all i wanted to know was if u would be able to pr mod it like a halo b, are there boards the same as in where all the gold thingys and metal parts are cause if so i could pr mod it thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 08:40 PM #8
execl0n

execl0n is a Supporting Member
if the tsa is like a revy making it spin faster wont make the balls drop quicker.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 PM #9
R1PP3R (Banned)

i dont get what ur asking here but if i pr moded it it would make the balls drop faster yes
Old 06-01-2005, 10:18 PM #10
execl0n

it will make it spin faster but if its desinged like the revy it wont drop faster... you just make the balls bounce around like crazy.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:32 PM #11
R1PP3R (Banned)

it depends on how fast ur shooting if ur not shooting fast yes ur theory would be true but its like saying z board just makes balls bounce around like crazy in an egg, just to clear things up i would never actually buy this loader i just wanted to fiddle with the idea of a pr mod for it

( and i have no clue if its designed like the revvy but i dought it considering there made by 2 completely different companies )
Old 06-01-2005, 10:39 PM #12
execl0n

if you get one to play with let me know and ill hook u up with a motor mod to see if itll work in it... I know on a halo b with pr mod and my motor mod the hopper screams its almost 2 fast.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:52 PM #13
R1PP3R (Banned)

yeah i bet, im just gonna buy a tsa one day and just take it apart and try and find a way to mod it, u can pm me about the motor mod
Old 06-02-2005, 12:15 AM #14
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

it is designed like a revvy, i used to own one. no making it feed faster unless you mod it into halo shells and hook it up with a halo drive cone and a faster motor, at which point it would be like a reloader B, sound activated and spin on each shot.

I see now, I see."
Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 PM #15
overkillpb

it doesnt matter how fats the motor in a tsa is, b/c it is still just a gravity feed, and can only top out at what ever gravity alows, (like 13-14 bps, i think)
Old 06-02-2005, 10:09 PM #16
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

true, but if you modded the TSA electronics into halo B shells, it would be about like an eggy

I see now, I see."
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 PM #17
overkillpb

possibly, but y the heck would u do that?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:52 AM #18
AzNcHoPsTyKs
Forever a Turmoil Kid

AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the PSP
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA player
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA National Champion
AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the APPA D3 division
i know a guy whos modding my old egg into a halo with halo internals. it looks pretty sick so far. but my PR, v-35 halo is sick

Rest in peace Baby J
Old 06-03-2005, 07:48 AM #19
overkillpb

i pr moded 2 zcode halo boards, and fried both instantly, has this happened to anyone? or am i just an idiot who fries boards?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:25 AM #20
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Don't worry, that's what the PR Mod does. The PR Mod makes the volts by pass the regulator on the board (making hopper go faster). But since theres no regulator to regulate the voltage amount going into the board, that's what causes your boards to fry. Leading to there being no point in PR Modding your Halo.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:28 AM #21
overkillpb

yea, is it cause i use 2 9volts instead of the 6 aa?