Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-12-2002, 06:45 PM #1
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Marauder is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NEW trigger mod for the classic timmy

ok guys and gals if you want a trigger pull that's as short as the GZ but without the iritating trigger bounce or excessive stiffness here ya go.

i'm still in the testing stages so i'll post a how to on this after i'm comfortable with the results. the spring is actually seated in the switch housing and man is this pull sweet it's shorter than most could imagine. it took me about 25 min to put this in and get everything set up to my liking. the cost was about $2.50. lemme know what you guys think and i'll post the results here in a few days.
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2002, 10:04 PM #2
Ziggy13
717studios.com

Ziggy13 is a Supporting Member
Looks pretty cool man, keep us posted!

ZacharyZiegler.com - My blog on brewing, photography, business, sports and design
Old 06-13-2002, 05:50 AM #3
kikitup

kikitup is a Supporting Member
I just did it on my back-up gun. Man is it nice! I used a pen spring
to get a better feel for me.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:50 PM #4
kr8er

sooo how do you do this amazing mod?
Old 06-13-2002, 03:41 PM #5
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

i don't have an exact how-to as of right now but what you do is go to radio shack and get the monetary switch they have. (all the ones i've been have 2 types one with a roller one without) the one without the roller is the one you want model# 275-016. next you will want to remove your old switch and the trigger return spring holding block in the grip area. now you will want to trim the switch lever back far enough to get out of the spring. now you want to bend the legs of the switch like i have in the picture above and remove the leg that is labeled NC on the side of the switch since it's not used. now place the switch into the grip like i have in the picture above. the screw that's holding the switch in place screws into the top hole where the old switch was located. now take a knife and mark the side of the switch where the spring lines up with the switch. now remove the switch and you will need a drill bit and a bit that will make a flat bottom hole. i used my dremel tool for this application since it had both bits. now make a small pilot hole with the srill bit about 1/16th of an inch deep. next take the flat bit and bore the hole out flat big enough for the spring to fit into (if you reach metal stop immediately or you will damage the switch). now solder the wires onto the legs of the switch being careful not to make the solder pile soo big that the switch won't fit and the wires won't ground out to the body. now you can place a small strip of electrical tape on the solenoid if you're afraid of it grounding out i didn't cause all of my metal parts avoided contact with the grip. now place the switch into the grip (you may have to do some trimming to the solder lumps if you made them too big to fit. now take the screw and place it into the hole of the switch and tighten it down pretty snug but don't strip it. now replace the return spring like it was before only now the switch is holding it into place. next adjust the trigger pull as short as you'd like it and go outside and rip it up.

the main things to remember while doing this is not to make the hole in the switch too deep and make your solder piles as small as possible. you can steady the switch by how you bend the legs on the switch. and make sure that the wires aren't grounded out to the body.
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old 06-13-2002, 03:42 PM #6
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

also forgot to mention that the small discontinuity that looks like a crack under the spring is how i marked the switch so i could center the spring. i used my pocket knife to score it.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:34 AM #7
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

i'm going to try to make an official how-to tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:54 AM #8
ToxicPBaller
TX STORM INTIMIDATOR!!!

Kinda looks like Joe Petty's Insane Trigger Mod...... www.pettypb.com
Old 06-14-2002, 01:07 PM #9
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

the only resembalance to that mod is that you have to cut the switch lever. other than that it's totally different. the pull on this mod is the same as that one only that the trigger pull isn't tight at all. i loved the other mod except for the stiffness of the trigger. i feel that this mod gives you the best of both worlds.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:09 PM #10
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Quote:
Originally posted by kikitup
I just did it on my back-up gun. Man is it nice! I used a pen spring
to get a better feel for me.
i put a pen spring in mine today and it does help some the stock spring is a little on the stiff side.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:48 PM #11
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
so, how's it perform compared to Petty's trigger mod?....

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:19 AM #12
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

it's as fast as petty's mod but the pull is a lot lighter and just as short. personally i like it better but it's my mod so my opinion will be more to the biased side. hey at least i'm honest .
Old 06-16-2002, 09:28 AM #13
iwantaimpy

good job it works pretty well
Old 06-16-2002, 10:10 AM #14
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

thanks impy i'm working on an official "how-to" it should be up tonight.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:34 PM #15
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

the how to is up now
http://www.washington.xtn.net/~jholb...tmod/tmod.html
Old 06-23-2002, 09:09 PM #16
madcow
Lactose Intolerant

I had the privlege of meeting Marauder today at the CFOA series event in Hendersonville, NC. He installed the Marauder trigger mod on my Intimidator Classic. Took about ten minutes. The gun completely shreds Thanks.
My Intimidator
Feedback
GZ w/ LCD Clamshell, Dual Regs, VaporWorks Entropy board, 14" Powerlyte Scepter barrel, 45/4500 MacDev Conquest, Powerlyte rail, Halo B
Trauma supporter #101