PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2001, 10:08 PM #22
Brandos_Matrix

has been a member for 10 years
Yes I'm working on all of those. I'd like ideas for the cool paintjobs and milling....I know what I like but what you all like might be a totally different thing.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2001, 10:23 PM #23
SenorFartman

a guy at our field had a matrix with an lcd frame and display on it. he said it costed him about 900 for the whole setup. looked pretty cool
Old 07-18-2001, 10:49 PM #24
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
RIPPER MILLING!!!! That's all I can say dude, those two words rule the world of milling.

As for ano, how about lots of different fades and stuff. I have one really cool ano idea, but it's my secret so.... Thunderstruck would look cool though!
Old 07-18-2001, 10:53 PM #25
Brandos_Matrix

Anno's and fades are nothing big...I want to get this thing to be really unique...I have an awesome idea for grips and basically lightening the gun up a whole lot.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:01 PM #26
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

I saw a sweet ano job in the angel forum, here it is:

Silver to yellow to green to black fade with reverse splash anodizing. That's unique.

That's AdrenaLCD222's Angel. It's actually for sale right now...
Old 07-18-2001, 11:27 PM #27
Ballin' Paint
James

I already asked white wolf if he could give my matrix ripper milling and he said that the body is to thin. I saw a pic of a shocker body with in and it was pretty minimal. I think fishbone milling would be really cool. Like an excal or somthing. Also Thunderstruck would be soooo great. Is that possible? who could do it?
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 07-18-2001, 11:41 PM #28
Brandos_Matrix

But the fishbone would mean cutting through and I don't think thats possible. What I was thinking about was boring out the internals and put in thin aluminum or titanium sleeves. I still don't think they left us enough to do any substantial milling like a ripper but we can do some stuff. I'll have my machinest look at it and it's tolerances when I get back from a tournament next week.

For now (being a front player) I am looking at making the gun a lot lighter. So that means working on the grip frame and breach a bit. New high and mid rises will be available as soon as I figure out a theme. I have a couple ideas as it is. The milling will be accentuated by an excellent paint scheme which will make it stand out. I'm just trying to stay away from the whole tribal look.

One thing I really want to do is mill through the non functional air chamber and then slide an aluminum cylinder in so that the aluminum is seen through the metal...We'll see how it goes. I have artists working on milling concepts right now. Hopefully I can show a couple soon.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:00 AM #29
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
-Externally Rechargeable NiMH battery (similar to 2k1 LCD's)
-Sliding on/off switch
-Nice low/mid-rise
-Minimalistic milling (remove all excess metal and weight, disregarding cosmetics.... i.e. Adrenalin Feather LCD) and then call it the Matrix Lite or something, that'd sell.
-Custom ASA and aftermarket regulator (Messiah, Gladiator, Sidewinder, Vert Max-flo, gas-thru grip)
-Make it in a few standard colors, not that "pick your own ano" garbage.
-Custom trigger, electros usually don't have too many performance upgrades, triggers are always a plus. Oh yeah, and don't do your own stick trigger, it's getting sooooooo old. I've had 2 of the original Cobra Sticks, there's probably been 20 copies already. Make a normal trigger with some slick style to it. Check out the Lasoya trigger from Warped Sportz, I've always liked that one.

Well, I'd like to see a Matrix with a few custom cosmetic parts, and then milled to the bone, with a nice blue-pewter type of ano' to it. Not black, not grey... but a nice blend of some sort.

L8
Old 07-19-2001, 12:04 AM #30
Brandos_Matrix

yeah poblem is the matrix is almost milled to the bone....we'll see what my machinest can do. I like your ideas though.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:47 AM #31
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Air Assist will not lessen the gun's efficiency. Its air exaust, that the gun is getting RID of. Might as well throw it back into the gun somehow, to help things out. Those 2 gasports are the back of the gun near the grip frame, you could tap those, run some nice stainless hardline around and above the gun, and into the hopper or rise.

Once I get a tube bender, I'm gonna start doing stainless hardline air assists, and I will make one for the Matrix.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 07-19-2001, 02:40 AM #32
Brandos_Matrix

OK here's a rough idea. It just some basic scetching. I used synergy's gun as a base. I hope he doesn't mind.

OK to explain it all. Now, the milling on the sides of the battery compartment and on the fake air chamber go right through. Behind them will be an aluminum box and a aluminum tube for the chamber. The top milling is light and is as deep as the metal will permit. The tear drop milling on the grip is about as deep as that as an angel. Same for the teardrop on the breach. All milling is symetrical except for the milling on the air chamber on the right side as the chamber on the left side is being used. I might ask for fatty's help to see what we can do about being able to mill that chamber aswell. We'll see.

There will be more milling on the grip sides, trigger guard and breach to make the gun lighter. There will be also some internal milling on the grip. to lighten the load. I am debating wheather or not to cut more metal from around the left air chamber. Trigger designs are coming as soon as I get some response on this.

Feed tubes will be designed soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matrix final.jpg (42.9 KB, 214 views)
Old 07-19-2001, 02:43 AM #33
Brandos_Matrix

Oh and the three ninja stars can replace the three blobs on either side of the battery compartment so can the crab claw thing replace the three lines going over the back...I really don't like the lines or claw....I'll sketch some gills tomorrow maybe. I'll also post some more concepts. This is the more realistic of the bunch tho.
Old 07-19-2001, 03:24 AM #34
THE FATMAN
hmmm, yes i am large

ok, so yea my ideas of what to do

an LED,
some milling(nothing to horrid, want to keep the guns durability)
a vertical fade job(why not the gun is so tall might as well use it)
a single finger triger frame would kick ***(i hate double)
a standerd US threaded ASA with a decent reg
and hell if you could make the damn thing use standerd grips that would be cool
also gotta have some sort of trinity ISH type reg on it
and make it more efficent

so yea, thats my matrix wish list or custom ideas...i realy think a vertical fade would just look so sweet on the gun
Old 07-19-2001, 12:59 PM #35
Brandos_Matrix

I like the top of this one beter...What I'll ask is to have this one made sort of like a saw blade effect at the top. I'll sketch it and show it. Which of the two do you guys prefer...Any ideas?...Do these suck completely or are they pretty cool??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matrix final2.jpg (46.3 KB, 199 views)
Old 07-19-2001, 01:56 PM #36
THE FATMAN
hmmm, yes i am large

i like it, but the milling twords the back of the gun on the bottom should match the rest of the milling, the stuff just stands out way to much...i think it would look better if it was either simaler like the stuff above it or like the rest of the gun, make it look symetrical or something like that
Old 07-20-2001, 12:34 AM #37
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
Arrow more ideas

You won't make any money using other people's custom products. So, if you come up with your own way to rig a Rock regulator as the LPR you'll make alot more money than if you were to use the Trinity (which is a really bad idea in my opinion, let them have their custom stuff and you have yours). Also, come up with your own ASA and see what aftermarket reg you can get the cheapest. I don't see you getting Sidewinders cheap, but maybe MacDev or Air America will cut you a deal. Make a custom trigger that looks good and takes out all slack, and make sure it isn't a stick... some people don't like them, and everyone can deal with normal double triggers. I wouldn't sell it with a barrel unless you get a good deal on them, most people have their own barrel preference. The less 3rd party products you use the higher your profit margin should be, depending on how much your paying your machinists. If you've got the people, do as much as you can yourself. No one wants to pay $1400 for a Matrix, I don't care what it has on it.

To comment on the milling: Remember, keep it simple.... milling is always controversial. Some people love body windows, some hate them. Some people like insane extreme milling, some like simple subtle milling. The more complex you make the milling the lesser the chance of everyone liking it. If you keep things traditional they should sell. I personally think the stock Matrix looks better than the ideas you've drawn up, no offense, but wiggly jiggly milling bores me really fast.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:48 AM #38
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

I like the first one a lot better brando, it's really nice. I'm mad at you though. You're going to make this sweet matrix and I'm not going to have one... Really, I want to buy one, but I can't because I've got one and I'm too poor anyways. Anyways, I like the top picture, but the ninja stars look better IMHO.
Old 07-20-2001, 01:14 PM #39
THE FATMAN
hmmm, yes i am large

i still say that the milling on the battery section has to go, it looks way to gross...and realy doesnt even go with the rest of it...teardrops and hooked lines and then blobs...gross...i think more tear drops going opposite of the ones on the grip frame would look nice
Old 07-20-2001, 02:01 PM #40
Ballin' Paint
James

I agree with fatman.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 07-20-2001, 03:20 PM #41
FatalSwoop
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well i will soon have my cobra stick (exact look alike custom made for Darkreign and I)

-a new back plate with a cool design
-an adrenalin high rise (or a look alike) in black or chrome
-anno/powdercoat... hey powdercoating by sin is rediculously cheap, is it crappy? what do you guys think?
-RIPPER MILLING !!!
- white wolf can do it
- HOW ABOUT THE MUCH ANTICIPATED EFFICIENCY MOD!

WELL I just read that ripper milling is not possible.... how bout a milling similar to the dark angels????

Custom Hyperflow 88/45 301 Series

Last edited by FatalSwoop : 07-20-2001 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:32 PM #42
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

Hey brando, I just got a brilliant idea. You could offer different milling schemes, like a scheme that goes with the CP barrel and the PBC midrise, or a scheme that goes with the milling on the jet engine trinity.