PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2001, 02:55 PM #1
Brandos_Matrix

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Brainstorming!: Custom Matrix

Ok well being really impressed with the matrix and loving the customization of cockers and angels that we see frequently. I've decided to try my hat at a custom Matrix. Now I have a couple ideas of my own (yet to be disclosed) but I'd love to hear what you all would like to see on your matrix. Weather it be functional or purely cosmetic I want to hear about it. (Mr. Mich don't even dream of saying an ACE) If all goes well I'm planning on milling, LPR (haven't decided on one yet) custom anodizing/powder coating and a couple of secrets I have. So let's hear about them!!

This is a totally open forum so no idea will be labeled stupid and such. Cunstructive criticism is welcome. I have the people and machinests on board for this. I have yet to decide weather I will be selling the mods or selling just the guns with mods already completed but both might be sold. LET ME KNOW!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2001, 03:03 PM #2
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
Here's just a few ideas:
[list=1][*]New regulator and ASA (duh)[*]New centerfeed tube[*]New internals, shocktech sleeve if equivalent isn't already there.[*]All the aard goodies (choice of tourny/cypher)[*]Sweet name, gun serial number, and custom model serial number engraved on back plate.[*]New power switch, none of this push button and cheap on/off switch crap[*]Cobra trigger maybe?[/list=1]
Old 07-18-2001, 03:07 PM #3
Brandos_Matrix

Excellent ideas mitch. A lot of them I already fealt were standard but I love the switch idea. If you don't like the switch with what would you like to replace it with. I don't think engraving the back plate with a serial number in a great idea because they can be easily changed. A new serial number would be milled most likely on the grip frame or a whole new "unique back plate designed.
Old 07-18-2001, 03:09 PM #4
ELDOG

the matrix is made out of aluminum correct? so if you mill the raw metal will be silver? I want to sand blast some stuff on my back plate. And if I mess up all I have to do is flip it around.
Old 07-18-2001, 03:15 PM #5
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

How about on the back of the grip frame? That's not easy to change...I said that because for people that are new to the gun, it will not be a fun thing trying to take the frame off and taking out the wires to check the serial number. I know it's not that hard for us, but there are some real idiots out there.....
Old 07-18-2001, 03:20 PM #6
Brandos_Matrix

When I said grip frame I meant above the trigger near the pin on the outside or somewhere near the existing on/off
Old 07-18-2001, 03:32 PM #7
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

Oh ok. Hey, you could be sorta like the big angel customizers and offer lots of options, like which breech they want, if they want high rise, lowrise, midrise, etc....Oh, and if anyone orders it in black, you should make it real black, none of this eggplant crap. then stuff like rechargable memory-free batteries, etc. You could also try a new trigger guard. I don't know if that's possible, but it's an idea.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:20 PM #8
ELDOG

make a charger for the gun that plugs into it car/wall. And have a battery indicator. Now that would be sweet. Can you answer my first post please, I don't want to Fck something up, or have it looking fugly.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:37 PM #9
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

If you really wanted to go out of the way, you could stick an LED light on it, like the angel LED's. Do the LED's on the new matrices do that?
Old 07-18-2001, 05:21 PM #10
CokeFiend

All the way

If you really want to go all the way, do an LCD matrix. You'd have to completely redisign the board, but it shouldn't really be all that difficult. Get a good imbedded systems type person and they should have no problem. There's only really one output (the solenoid) and one input (the trigger) so it can't be all that complex. Put an LCD display on there, put custom or angel LCD grips on it and you're set.
That would rule, and I think a lot of people would pay quite a bit ($200?) for a mod like that.
You could also put an intelli-eye (or whatever that's called) interface on it, as long as your doing a whole new board.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:29 PM #11
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

Yeah, but the matrix automatically turns off after 2 seconds or so, so the LCD won't work. I think they've already held this discussion numerous times.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:44 PM #12
CokeFiend

If you designed your own board, it wouldn't have to turn off after 2 seconds. I'm not talking about just slapping an LCD display on the current board (which wouldn't work for a lot more reasons then just it turning off after 2 seconds), I mean a whole new set of electronics.

I haven't seen much discussion of it on this board, but I may have missed it.

Peas
Old 07-18-2001, 05:49 PM #13
Brandos_Matrix

Ok....I'm not going to redisign the board. I'm looking more for cosmetic ideas and ideas like new on/off and stuff. An LCD is not feaseable to run off a 9 volt. Tell me more of what you'd like your gun to look like. Feed tubes and stuff. Just keep the ideas coming.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:58 PM #14
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

I would say air assist, but that makes the gun even more unefficient...Plus I think there was a discussion about that before, so nevermind. A variety of triggers would be nice. You could hook up with the guy at triggernomics and have him retrofit the naked woman triggers for the angels by WDP. The guy from triggernomics does great work, I love this trigger he put on Tom Kaye's mag:

Although something like that would ruin the mouse-click trigger pull...

How about new grips and stuff? A nice set of molded grips or something like that. Hogue grips would be good too.

GOT IT!!!! I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...That huge threaded rod that runs through the length of the gun! Well, instead of just having a big knob on the back you could have something cool like a 3d logo or something for the type of matrix it is! I saw some guy that had a huge skull instead of a knob...You could try that....
Old 07-18-2001, 08:35 PM #15
SynergyYoda
Briggs Factory

Go to www.coolplugz.com and email the guy there about nobs for the end of your rod he makes barrel plugs in all kinds of different designs and hes the one with the skull on the end of his rod

Btw-Mr. Mich where did you see him?
NHBA Member #4

The Wescheffect is in full effect!

Briggs Factory \/\/

Last edited by SynergyYoda : 07-18-2001 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:49 PM #16
ELDOG

I saw the skull at Paintball City back in the day.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:25 PM #17
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
1) New asa and beehive
2) tappered breech
3) milled grip frame and round some edges
4) milled back plate with your name or team name
5) mill the non working volmizer side out to lessen weight but leave enought space so you can still screw in the volumizer
6) round the bottom edges of the body
7)mill the rear knob make it into a Y or some weird shape
8) improve effenecy with a new bolt
9) get rid of the bump behind the triger
10) make the matrix talk
11)semi only board
just some of my ideas

DKD
Old 07-18-2001, 10:44 PM #18
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

Or hey, maybe an LPR that has a valve that doesn't require as many o-rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2001, 10:53 PM #19
Lusson
The Matrix is HERE

Angry

How about a gun where it leaks and all you do is take it apart and put it back together and it works. Wait a second this gun already does that.

Powerstation Paintball
www.powerstationpaintball.com
Old 07-18-2001, 10:59 PM #20
Brandos_Matrix

A little frustrated lusson?
Old 07-18-2001, 11:02 PM #21
abeaucha

Intellifeed, Sweet milling, paintjobs,new internals.