PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:39 AM #1
toolshed rec-face

Diablo Wrath custom low pressure hose

Hey, anyone want replacement low pressure hose, or maybe a different color? McMaster-Carr has the hose in most any color. Go to www.mcmaster.com and search for part number 5648K23. Specify color when ordering. Price is $.17/ft., so buy 5 feet for less than $10 with shipping.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2005, 09:04 AM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Very cool find, face.

While everyone's at it, standard autococker hose is the next size down, 1/8". Since shipping is going to be more than 40 feet of hose, you might as well buy a bunch of both.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:08 AM #3
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

If we have time, it might be worth it to find some other paintball-applicable items in their catalogue. You know, switches, LEDs, fittings, etc.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM #4
BigG6000

Great find!!!! They also have the fittings. need to do a little research to find which one fits. This may help me get a repair Kit going since I have one Wrath and two more(for the Kids) coming.

Baby G / Little G
Red Diablo Wrath/Blue Diablo Wrath
Egg II Z Board / Halo B
68/4500 / 88/4500(air hog)
Wrath Legion-Silver Division-Delta Team
Old 05-17-2005, 09:32 AM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I'm thinking the glass-filled nylon, item #5779K285

What do you think, Face?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:44 AM #6
lildemon
Yeah, "that" guy

Well, the price and performance (operating pressure rating) on this macroline looks fantastic, but all the fittings they offer are rated too low for use in paintball, around 300 psi is the max I have found so far in their catalog. Since my tank pushes 850, thats just too low.

If anyone can find fittings in their catalog that will work, please let me know. I may order up a load of stuff and just re-sell since they offer a big discount on volume orders (15-25 percent off each item)

TNT Paintball - Great field on Vancouver Island, BC
Paintball Field Income Calculator - See just how epic your field would be...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:46 AM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Well remember, this is to replace the LP hose, so we're not talking about taking full 300psi postreg air, let alone 850 or so from the tank. The LPR puts out about +-120psi, if that, so I would imagine this hose would be fine. If you want a hose this size to run at 300psi or more you would probably have to look into stainless hardline.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:47 AM #8
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

You can check the rating printed on your stock hose if you're still unsure. It's almost certainly lower than 200psi.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:06 AM #9
KaLiPSo

Rating on the stock hose is 210 psi. Replacement tolerance is 176 psi. Thats quite a large difference in tolerances between the stock hoses and the site that tollshed gave us, but since he works for Diablo I will take his word on it.
Halo B w/ R.I.P. Drive
T-Board w/ T-Chip
WRATH LEGION-SILVER DIVISION

Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=915711
Old 05-17-2005, 12:30 PM #10
toolshed rec-face

I just got 100 feet in today, and it's the same hose that came on the gun with 210 psi WP written on it, McMaster just puts 176 psi in the catalog because sometimes they buy from other manufacturers that aren't rated as high as the Freelin-Wade hose. But even 176 is high enough for the Wrath, as Inflicted mentioned the LPR only runs the LP valve at about 100 psi.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 PM #11
toolshed rec-face

Quote:
Originally posted by The Inflicted
I'm thinking the glass-filled nylon, item #5779K285

What do you think, Face?
?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:43 PM #12
spydersplatter
paint applier

has been a member for 10 years
i remember someone a while ago on here that wanted to make a ram sleeve out of some clear plastic or something and theres actually the stuff on there that you could do it yourself this is like a custom mod heaven im gonna buy some material to make my new eye covers out of :-)

check out item number 5902k41 they carry rare earth magnets thats better than going to radioshack and getting them its awesome

oh yea they even carry all different kinds of springs so the new ram that alamo city paintball just came out with couldve used a new spring if wanted so here we go we can test some out

Repping the Red, White, and Blue as an American Soldier

Last edited by spydersplatter : 05-17-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:53 PM #13
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

what are you gonna make the covers out of?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 PM #14
swampfox1345 (Banned)
Banned

He just said it was some type of plastic someone found in that catalog one time
Old 05-17-2005, 01:04 PM #15
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

that was dunadan or whatever his name is who was gonna make his sleeve out of plexiglass. i htough spyder was talkin about just findin another material to make his eye covers
Old 05-17-2005, 05:23 PM #16
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally posted by toolshed rec-face
?

BigG6000 was wondering what the appropriate swivel fittings for this hose would be. I thought #5779K285 might work. I was just wondering if you knew what the right part would be.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 AM #17
toolshed rec-face

no, you want part # 5779K284
Old 05-24-2005, 09:21 PM #18
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Guess what the UPS man brought today!

Changing the hose wasn't difficult at all, though I had to really give the stock hoses a yank with the pliers to get them off the barbs on the solenoid. I had forgotten what a royal pain in the arse it is to get that 'noid back into the trigger frame, but I think it's worth it considering how it looks. I've already gassed it up for a few testshots, and I think it's safe to say that any fears that this hose can't take the LPR pressure are unfounded. McMaster-Carr is fast,too, buddy. I think I ordered this stuff Sunday night and it got here Tuesday morning.

Oh, I should note that McMaster to my knowledge does NOT stock yellow macroline.
Had to get that at the local proshop.

It turns out that shipping for all this stuff cost more than all these hoses put together, since McMaster put all these tiny hoses into a big cardboard box rather than an envelope. I ordered a bunch of different colors so that I could see what I wanted to use, and I don't think I'm going to need all of it, so if anyone needs a foot of blue, green, red, yellow, or clear, just give me a holler. I can put it in an envelope and mail it to you for a fraction of what McMaster's going to want for shipping. Shoot me an email, IM, or private message if you're interested.

Edit: I am OUT of lp hose. Please stop asking me for it. Thank you.

Last edited by The Inflicted : 06-18-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:25 PM #19
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I was so pleased with the result I went ahead and redid my cocker's pneumatics in blue and yellow as well.

Remember, cocker LP lines are smaller than a Wrath's. I ordered some hose in both sizes and still have more than I could ever use.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:30 PM #20
smitty192
Nigga, whats the deal?

why yellow?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:41 PM #21
lildemon
Yeah, "that" guy

Looks nice Inflicted! Too bad they got you on the shipping costs, but I bet they would use the same box for larger quantities... And I'm thinking about ordering up a fair load of (mostly black) hose for an airsmith's kit I'm putting together... I hate when someone's marker has a "problem" when I'm busy whooping on them, so I'm gonna be all rigged up to fix it

TNT Paintball - Great field on Vancouver Island, BC
Paintball Field Income Calculator - See just how epic your field would be...
Closed Thread