Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2005, 05:22 PM #1
totdoc
Funky Monkey

totdoc is a Supporting Member
pressures running weird...

So I finally got to go out and play for a while today, and I noticed something weird with my Diadem...I recently added an AKA SCM II LPR to my gun, and in order to get my gun to chrono in the 270's, I needed to crank my HPR over 300 and turn the LPR all the way in...the gun worked just fine otherwise (no chops from about 3/4 of a case today), and was pretty consistent over the chrono, but it almost seems like the gun worked better before I put the LPR on there. Anyone else notice anything like this before?!

Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2005, 07:48 PM #2
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

splattttttt is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
splattttttt donated to help Peyton Trent
Doc, could you post a picture of your soda can right where the hose connects for me so I can get a closer look at the barb? It looked to me like your hose is missing on the lpr

------- The all NEW Avratech Retro 7 BUY IT HERE -------
((((((( www.avratech.com )))))))

Last edited by splattttttt : 05-15-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM #3
totdoc
Funky Monkey

actually, you can see it in the front angled picture that was posted already...there is a 90 degree fitting that comes off of the LPR on the bottom side of the SCM...in the picture, it almost looks like it is connected to the gauge on the front of the gun, but I assure you it's not. The microline runs from the ASA along the side of the SCM (both black...makes it hard to see) and then drops down to attach onto the barb just below the LPR. I'd post a new pic, but we all know that I am apparantly incapable of doing that without help >>sigh<< But you can see the path of the microline on both of my pics that are hosted already.

Feedback
Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 PM #4
totdoc
Funky Monkey

oh yeah...and I PROMISE I didn't forget to attach the hose, and I promise that I stopped up the hole where the microline used to attach to the gun Everything seems to be hooked up right, but it seems like the SCM is just really downregulating my pressure...otherwise I imagine I would have fried my solenoid by now since I way shooting well over 350psi according to my gauge...and I already considered the idea that my gauge might be wrong, but I kinda doubt it...The AKA 2 liter wont put out more than 450 psi if I recall...and I had it cranked up almost all the way. The SCM was cranked up as far as it would go, too...I just don't get it

Feedback
Old 05-15-2005, 11:58 PM #5
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

Try this...disconnect the hose going to the ram off of the ram and see if you're getting good air pressure coming out. Hopefully there's nothing stuck in the noid. And when you reattach the barb to the qev, make sure the qev is pointing the right way, the long end of the qev should be pointing down.
Do you feel like taking the two regs apart and checking to see if they need grease?

Old 05-16-2005, 02:10 AM #6
APACHEGOD
WHACHA TALKIN BOUT WILLIS

This seems wierd to me as well. I bought a lpr for like 14 bucks new from a paintball site. Wanted to test out how it was going to work before I bought the palmers rock. This LPR however seems to be working great. Is there any way you can throw that LPR on another gun in order to find out if it is in some way defective????
Old 05-16-2005, 07:47 AM #7
Headhunter1
"One Shot One Kill"

Yes , same problem Doc! this weekend was quite a nitemare, i installed the lpr reg (rock) installed the new spring and bumpers from splatttttt. I maxed out the cf reg and had to crank the lpr way up just to get 260 out of it, i crancked the dwell up and got 270ish, She was chopping like every 5th ball, then the cf reg was creeping up to 300 on the guage this is the first time this had happened, however i have a new reg due here this week.
Diadem Red/Black Fade, #2778,adj 68/3000,Reloader B,

Visit Team website http://www.tacticalfury.com
PBN Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=862498
Ebay Feedback: scassociates
.................................................. .........
Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 AM #8
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/CKRPRTS.HTM

now I'm not sayimg to go out and buy a Rock O Meter, rather than just examine the tool instead.
I've never seen or used one and can't speak of it from experiance.
This device is nothing more than a tipical tire pressure gage, and you can make one your self if you want, it would be easier than using the Rock O Meter imo.
My guess is Winter may be more qualified to explain its operation.

A visual aid for testing seals, recharge rate, operation pressure, and consistency. Can be used on any low pressure regulator for a, Typhoon, Auto Cocker, Sovereign, or any other marker that may use a Rock. Adjustable bleed valve included to prevent gauge blowout. The Rock-O-Meter can be used to test rams also. See for yourself why Palmer regulators are the best in the industry. (300 psi max) This tool was created to prevent dealers from sending back Rocks that have nothing wrong with them.

Last edited by splattttttt : 05-16-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM #9
WinterGS
Sierra 179

WinterGS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Basically gang, unless your an airsmith or a serious collector of equipment, you really dont need this. But if your like me, and love toys!! You NEED this! Basically this is as advertised by the always capable Splattt as a tool to set and check ultra low lpr and reg setups. Also the ram and certain other components. Glen is a mad , mad, evil scientist when it comes to this stuff. (side note, never play poker with him, he counts to fast in his head). Again, this is a cool piece of hardware, but not really a "must have"
SL91 #5 Darktrooper
Solstice Airsmyth..RTFM
House Solstice...not just a team, a way of life Why?....because we're F'n Rock Stars!
Solstice Speed..faster than you