Advertisement
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM #65
BigDreamer

BigDreamer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BigDreamer owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
BigDreamer posts videos on PbNation
BigDreamer supports Pev's Paintball
BigDreamer is attending Decay of Nations VI
Don't Bank On You Parents...Rely on yourself! It Will Help Prepare You For The Future!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:23 PM #66
PaintballJoe789

PaintballJoe789 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballJoe789 is for the Gunfight
i have to work for everything
PaintballJoe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 AM #67
pballerkid42

pballerkid42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pballerkid42 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i pay for everything except gas? lol who does that to a kid...
anyway i babysit my brothers 2-3times a week and it gives me enough for paint usually otherwise i get lucky and my grandparents give me 10$ or something
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM #68
lilfry111

lilfry111 is playing at Living Legends V
lilfry111 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lilfry111 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would say it depends on the age, If you cant get a part time job, the your parents should help you a bit... Im not saying to front everything for the day, but pay for a little. How ever if you can work, you should be on your own.
BOOG Brothers Custom Paintball
lilfry111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM #69
planeteclipse52

I pay for everything and it sucks
planeteclipse52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 PM #70
JFOG11
JoJo Fogarty

JFOG11 is playing at Living Legends V
JFOG11 is for the Gunfight
JFOG11 supports Pev's Paintball
JFOG11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
My dad pays for admission and paint, but I pay for everything else. If you want to not pay just say I will mow the lawn for paintball instead of money.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 PM #71
Saint Aquitas 3

Saint Aquitas 3 is playing at Living Legends VI
Saint Aquitas 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Saint Aquitas 3 supports Team VICIOUS
Saint Aquitas 3 supports Empire
Im in highschool and i pay for EVERYTHING! Including gas of course. If i score an 28 on my ACT my mother made the deal she would pay for ALL paintball expenses in college when im playing for their team. But i understand the cost now and will be very thankful if she does.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball
Saint Aquitas 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM #72
Brrd
MY GOD MAN!

Brrd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brrd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I pay my mom to play for me.
Brrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 PM #73
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)

VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
what i wanna know is how all the 13 year olds in here get all this money when i'm almost 19 and never have money/am completely broke always. dont pay for my own ****, but i dont have anything ridiculous, nor do i get to play PB often. i think i played twice last year, maybe 3 times.
i think a lot of the kiddies in here are exaggerating quite a bit/full of ****.
I didn't know getting a few hundred dollars was so easy for a 13-14 year old, cause hell if its that easy y i no have moneyz
VcityBaller_Impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM #74
baller1984

its not bad parenting, its life. Most adults have bills and paintball has never been a school sport plus is much more expensive than said foot ball or baseball etc. I pay for my son but he's 12 and doesn't currently have a job but when he starts driving he will pay for the extra things he wants to do unless I'm out playing that weekend with him. Kids in this generation need to stop thinking their parents owe them something.
baller1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM #75
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

has been a member for 10 years
pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by VcityBaller_Impy View Post
what i wanna know is how all the 13 year olds in here get all this money when i'm almost 19 and never have money/am completely broke always. dont pay for my own ****, but i dont have anything ridiculous, nor do i get to play PB often. i think i played twice last year, maybe 3 times.
i think a lot of the kiddies in here are exaggerating quite a bit/full of ****.
I didn't know getting a few hundred dollars was so easy for a 13-14 year old, cause hell if its that easy y i no have moneyz
Since I was 15, I've worked my *** off. That's how I got the money. I'm 21 now and, since that time, have not been without a job. I just work hard every day, earn as much as I can, and try and save where I don't need to blow money like some kids do. If you have any sort of skill, and are willing to work hard and learn new things, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to find a job that will support paintball every once in a while.

*edit: and when I refer to blowing money, I mean kids my age buying accessories for their cars, TV's, gaming consoles, and the like. I'm not talking about going out and having fun. I still go out, take girls out, party, pay all of my bills, and go to school, and most of the time, I'm still not struggling to eat.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM #76
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
Well...
I think I posted in this thread a little while back, but I have a slightly different viewpoint on stuff (I actually tried to type Viewloader writing that, but...).

For the 13-14 year olds saying they have a job and buy their own stuff, that's a load of horsecrap. Labor laws state that you are unable to hold a job until you are sixteen (fifteen in some places) due to liability. So, the only way you could be 13 and buy your own stuff is by selling illegal things or getting massive amounts of gift money for Christmas.

Now, I will admit that I was 12, and I did have a job, BUT it was working on a privately-owned farm, which completely bypassed the liability laws and such. I'm seventeen now, and going through my gearbag you'll find maybe two or three things that I didn't buy. Those would be a pair of Viewloader pods from Wal-mart, and a mask from Goodwill (JT Flex 8, wouldn't you know!), all of which amount to about $10 worth of stuff. Out of maybe $1000 worth of gear that I've accumulated. Most of this gear was bought with money from teaching guitar lessons, as well as a percentage of my paychecks from Subway. Every penny from the farm work went into my new Viewloader (well, new when I bought it. She's about five now), and the rest is from various other sources.

The only thing my parents buy is occasionally paint. On my team, we all bring paint and share it, so any paint outside of the team pool I buy myself. They paid my entry fee maybe twice, and that was only $10.

So, the point of all this is, you don't need mommy and daddy paying for you to play a sport in which they are in no way obligated to support. If you really want to play, pay yourself!
A side note, I take much better care of things that I buy myself, which is why I ask my parents to buy only paint. I own personally all the gear in my bag and don't have any problems with any of it because I maintain it so well. I'm not the type to neglect things, either, but I'm a lot more hesitant to treat something roughly that I know I will have to buy again myself if it breaks.
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM #77
hth_1
Another Canadian

has been a member for 10 years
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBawlNewb View Post
Do your parents make you pay for everything? I feel like im kinda getting the short end of the stick, so to speak, whenever my parent make me pay for everything, from guns to paintball to gas for the car to get to the fields/stores. Anybody else have these problems/advice to overcome this?
Paintball is an expensive sport, mainly for people who have jobs and make money. Paintball was my first sport where I actually paid my way through, and sure I get gifts too but that is really rare. To overcome this I have developed a something simple:

Now you can have as much paintball stuff as you want within the means of a job great success
-EMek
-EMG100
-Urban HDE GMek
-Phantoms
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 PM #78
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBawlNewb View Post
I make money by mowing lawns like you said, and the best my parents have done is bought me a case of paint on my birthday, other than that I pay for EVERYTHING, and yes, my parents would pay for a sports camp, because they think it would be "stimulating" to be with other kids my age, and I think I do have the right to play paintball, I didn't say my parents have to pay for everything, just help out a little bit, the main problem is that they just pretend like it doesn't exist, whenever I go to the field, they don't even sit there and watch, they leave and hope I don't get hurt.
With how paintball culture is(at least in my area) there is a lot of smoking and drinking and cussing, and stuff like that. Therefor, I am fine if my parents don't stay and watch me play. I want them to think that paintball is a clean sport, plus it means that they don't have to sit around doing nothing, which makes them want to leave sooner. I would much rather be picked up and dropped off. I like playing with my dad because he is pretty laid back, but If my mom listened to some of the people I played paintball with I would be screwed.

About the money thing, my dad got me a mini for christmas. Other than that I pay for all gear, and whatever paint and field fee I can afford. If I am broke my dad will pay for paint and field fee, but trust me, I definitely work to earn that money.
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM #79
The_Angry_Platypus
The Angriest Platypus

My father used to play with me when I went, then he got a new job with more extensive hours and more time abroad, and I was too young to drive so I had to quit. I helped pay for some of my equipment though.
The_Angry_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote