PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM #1
hellno!

has been a member for 10 years
i dont get it ???????

i dont no about this new gun from the video i have seen. all the speks look preety good but when i see this video it looks very slow(might be his hands)
and very very scetchy over the crono. anybody wanna tell me whats goin on about that. this is the etek im talking about.

i have an ion and i no gay hes got an ion hes about to say its 100times better but on uncapped semi my gun sounds much faster then that and at the crono is much more consistant.(t-board,qev,bolt,not stock)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2006, 04:51 PM #2
BIG_FRO

the gun was on semi..thus it was his fingers. and yes...it is much better than ur ion. And the QEV's don't make the gun any more efficient, they make the gun cycle faster. The ETEK is still capable of 20+ BPS. And the over hte chrono thing, this is stock and fresh outta the box, not broken in. Once u get some paint through it and get the reg broken in, it would be consistant. And the ETEK would be MUCH more efficient than ur ion either way....an ETEK on a 68/4500 can get 1450 + shots off one fill, stock, right out of the box.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:54 PM #3
bunkerd103

Very, very sketchy? Well i've never heard chrono readings called "sketchy" but whatever. I'm guessing you are saying that you didn't think they were very good? Well i hate to say it but +-7~ really isnt bad at all if it is right out of the box and not even broken in. Ions are no where near that good over the chrono new/stock. Its pretty damn good for a brand new gun if you ask me.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM #4
hellno!

im not saying anything about how efficient it is im saying hw consistant it is my ion will be +- 2 over the crono
maby it is becasue its juss out of the box but that doesnt have to do with the speed
on uncapped semi on my ion i can shoot much faster then that kid with out trying and im terribal at walking and no its not on psp i no the difference im not new to this
and yes qevs help efficienty not just speed

i jusss wana no if i gonna buy it am i gonna get it home and be like my ion can out shoot it because my ion can reach 26 to 30bps because of the upgrades.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:11 PM #5
USMarine928

lol matt stfu. try your ion outa the box and try the etek outta the box, you blew like 600+ on your ion and its not that much better than that etek, you cant compare the two guns theyre in different classes. dude its physically for your hopper to feed up to 36 bps, stop trying to make your ion sound like this god like marker. your gun is not as good as the etek stop talking out of your *** man.

edit- please learn to type. i had to read your posts like 3 times.

Last edited by USMarine928 : 06-22-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 PM #6
justin962

I agree with this guy.. the gun did seem a bit on the sluggish side. What does it take.. 2-3 cases to break in a reg? It's all speculation and there are many variables at hand, but I would think that gun has over 2-3 cases shot through it already. Could be wrong or maybe it could be broken in & have the lpr and dwell all fubar'ed up. Who knows.. will just have to wait and hear reviews from real people.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:58 PM #7
ranchero

Quote:
on uncapped semi on my ion i can shoot much faster then that kid with out trying and im terribal at walking
did it occur to you that he, although you really suck at walking the trigger, may be worse at it than you?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM #8
p4inteater
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellno!
i dont no about this new gun from the video i have seen. all the speks look preety good but when i see this video it looks very slow(might be his hands)
and very very scetchy over the crono. anybody wanna tell me whats goin on about that. this is the etek im talking about.

i have an ion and i no gay hes got an ion hes about to say its 100times better but on uncapped semi my gun sounds much faster then that and at the crono is much more consistant.(t-board,qev,bolt,not stock)
I'd goldwave it, because the camera cannot catch every ball coming out of the barrel or bolt motion.

Goldwave your ion and the e-tek and see which is faster. And the "sketchy" chrono readings were because the reg was not broken in at all.

Marylandballa #6
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: Matt's advice is always win, tell that ***** to get you some waffle fries."
"Originally posted by AdamBomb V2:All in all I <3 Matt. Thanks for taking the time to help me with all that ****. Your the ****ing man. :tup:"
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: I'm turning Matt in for ruling the streets.And making it rain, on dem hoes."
Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM #9
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero
did it occur to you that he, although you really suck at walking the trigger, may be worse at it than you?
i lol'd

ECArmy
Old 06-23-2006, 12:37 AM #10
impulsepunk

impulsepunk is a Supporting Member
impulsepunk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
impulsepunk posts videos on PbNation
Wheres the video?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 AM #11
EmPirat3
︻┳デ=—

EmPirat3 is a Supporting Member
EmPirat3 posts videos on PbNation
EmPirat3 plays in the APPA D4 division
EmPirat3 is Legendary
the second guy on the second vid show's it's potential a lot more, the first guy in both vids sucks hardcore at walking..
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 AM #12
~Scene_Ninja~
Stay Gold

~Scene_Ninja~ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
~Scene_Ninja~ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_FRO
the gun was on semi..thus it was his fingers. and yes...it is much better than ur ion. And the QEV's don't make the gun any more efficient, they make the gun cycle faster. The ETEK is still capable of 20+ BPS. And the over hte chrono thing, this is stock and fresh outta the box, not broken in. Once u get some paint through it and get the reg broken in, it would be consistant. And the ETEK would be MUCH more efficient than ur ion either way....an ETEK on a 68/4500 can get 1450 + shots off one fill, stock, right out of the box.
QFT

I fight for MacDev
Old 06-23-2006, 12:46 AM #13
EmPirat3
︻┳デ=—

EmPirat3 is a Supporting Member
EmPirat3 posts videos on PbNation
EmPirat3 plays in the APPA D4 division
EmPirat3 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPirat3
the second guy on the second vid show's it's potential a lot more, the first guy in both vids sucks hardcore at walking..
talking about this: http://inf1.ffri.hr/pcm/DSCN2938.MOV
Old 06-23-2006, 04:57 PM #14
bunkerd103

and yes qevs help efficienty not just speed Actually no they dont help efficency. They do exactly what their name is, they are Quick Exhaust Valves. They help the air vent, this has nothing to do with efficency, its all about cycling speed.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:32 PM #15
Ghost-Zero

if only there was an option to toggle off posts by ion owners, ppl who havent hit puberty, and people who are incompetent when it comes to paintball guns...

Last edited by Ghost-Zero : 06-23-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:38 PM #16
Ghost-Zero

if only there was an option to toggle off osts by ion owners and ppl who havent hit puberty..

Oh yeah, and btw "kid with maddly upped +/-2fps ion", ions do not come close to mid high end. Don't compare them. Just b/c your ion can shoot 30+ doesn't mean it's better, hell i've seen spyders rope 30+bps...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:00 PM #17
ZDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellno!
and yes qevs help efficienty not just speed
Just because it helps it on Ions doesn't mean it helps it on all guns...fool.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:23 PM #18
John684500

has it occured to anyone that quality and consistancy of paint has ALOT to do with consistancy over the chrono? pbn has really spoiled everyones mind into thinking anything less than -/+ 2 over the chrono is "bad". there are way too many factors that go into consistancy. if it shoots good it shoots good, **** what the chrono says.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:26 PM #19
P8nt Balla89

ive seen the video and after the kid fires it he hands it to another guy and that guy starts ripping it!!!! that thing was fast u goota watch the vid again
Old 06-23-2006, 10:29 PM #20
Masked of Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John684500
has it occured to anyone that quality and consistancy of paint has ALOT to do with consistancy over the chrono? pbn has really spoiled everyones mind into thinking anything less than -/+ 2 over the chrono is "bad". there are way too many factors that go into consistancy. if it shoots good it shoots good, **** what the chrono says.
If i were to **** what the chrono says then my gun wouldn't be as consistent as I like it...Granted paint does make/break your reading, the reading still matters.

And the speed of an ego is limited by how fast your fingers move...
Old 06-23-2006, 10:38 PM #21
John684500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked of Banned
If i were to **** what the chrono says then my gun wouldn't be as consistent as I like it...Granted paint does make/break your reading, the reading still matters.
What I'm saying is, if the gun is shooting quick and straight, it doesn't matter what the chrono tells you consistancy wise, because you already know your gun shoots ropes. Don't let the chrono tell you differently.