PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-11-2008, 07:25 PM #22
viannajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoc View Post
i dont care what anybody else says.. i'll stick with it that my vibe is just as accurate, efficient and good as any other marker around it's price range give or take a little.
That makes two of us.
viannajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 07:42 PM #23
Mg097

has been a member for 10 years
yea try 3 now

SP Vibe
14" stiffi money stik
45/4500 PMI
Viewloader egg 2

Dynasty fan #486
Mg097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 PM #24
Paoc

it might not be super-high end or elaborate in any way but i think it serves it's original purpose amazingly

"Originally posted by bmali98:
comparing a Vibe to a Mini is like comparing apples and ...crystal meth."
Paoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:15 PM #25
sparrow69 (Banned)

for the record, i did get 2400 shots. I shot 14 pods and 2 full hoppers. I started right around 1k in the tank refilled when it stopped firing. Granted, a few times I experiences some saggy shots, but that was because I was shooting in Co2 mode, so i contribute to it closing off the valve to prevent freezing... as soon as i stopped for a second, i could shoot again and ther was no venting.
Also, I may have misrepresented in my original post, I neglected to mention that my48ci/3k is regulated to 350psi, not the standard 850psi, adding more shots simply off the dialed down regulation from a lack of waisted air.

I shot 14 pods and 2 full hoppers on 48ci worth of air pressurized to 3k. believe it or not, I could care less, my report is accurate.
sparrow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 PM #26
Randy4tw

Hows the recharge rate on something set that low? and how much did the tank/reg set you back?
Randy4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM #27
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow69 View Post
for the record, i did get 2400 shots. I shot 14 pods and 2 full hoppers. I started right around 1k in the tank refilled when it stopped firing. Granted, a few times I experiences some saggy shots, but that was because I was shooting in Co2 mode, so i contribute to it closing off the valve to prevent freezing... as soon as i stopped for a second, i could shoot again and ther was no venting.
Also, I may have misrepresented in my original post, I neglected to mention that my48ci/3k is regulated to 350psi, not the standard 850psi, adding more shots simply off the dialed down regulation from a lack of waisted air.

I shot 14 pods and 2 full hoppers on 48ci worth of air pressurized to 3k. believe it or not, I could care less, my report is accurate.
You're not being very clear. First you say you shot 1k of air, then another tank, and then at the end you say you shot 14 pods and 2 full hoppers off of 1 tank. Which is it? Are you running CO2 through your nitrogen tank? And I just called up my friend who actually owns the Vibe, and he says he gets about 4 pods and a hopper off of his 68/3k tank. Nobody is getting over a case on a 48/3k tank with ANY gun. You couldn't do it with a bobbed Nelson, let alone a cheap spoolie. I bet you couldn't take a video of your gun dry firing that much, let alone with paint and full powered shots.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 PM #28
Paoc

I still dont believe it... even if you double what you would normally.. which i dont know of any markers can get 1000-1200 shots off of 48/3k, it's still not that... even triple what a normal marker gets... i would say it's impossible

Your gonna have to do some mighty big proving before you'll ever get me convinced

Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 PM #29
Quacker

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2466712

Check that thread. Sean says to expect 1200-1400 shots off of a 68/4500. That is nowhere NEAR your claim of 2400 off of a 48/3000.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 PM #30
Focus02

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow69 View Post

?? I'm still confused..
You started with 1000psi in the tank. Emptied that, refilled (what you say is a 48/3000, and then emptied that.
So, you shot roughy 4000psi of air total? In the middle of all that, you mention you were shooting in co2 mode, (so thats ok), but you mention about something closing up to prevent freezing? If your shooting HPA there is closing up a valve to prevent freezing.

It doesn't matter if your HPA tank was regulated down to 350psi, there would be no wasted air either way, because the internal reg will take it down to around 180. (assuming your shooting at 280fps, more on this later)..

BUT,

I DO believe that you did actually get 2400 shots out of 4000psi of a 48ci tank.. Here's how you did it:

drum roll..
The velocity of your shots was no where near 280fps.
In fact you even mentioned that sometimes the marker didn't fire.. You thought it was some valve closing to prevent freezing. When in reality it was the Vibe regulator had not recharged to its psi yet, because it was choked off by the low psi at your tank.

mystery solved..
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 PM #31
sparrow69 (Banned)

maybe thats it, I know what I shot and for the record I play ttpl, Mandatory chrono cap or 250, so you could be correct sir. I assumed the electronics that control the closing of the valve so it wouldn't freeze did this by how many shots are fired, maybe my bottle is turned down to much.
I never claimed to be a genius when I wrote this review, or to even know that much about the marker, I wrote the review from my perspective.
2 hoppers x 200 rounds=400
14 pods x 140 (approx) = 1960
1960 + 400 = 2360 rounds,so yes, roughly 2400 rounds At a field with 18 witnesses, two of which went right to the proshop and bought vibes of their own.

We have an event that I am generalling this weekend, I'll try to get video to document it in action. who knows maybe I've got a fluke here.
Either way at the event, or after I'll see about getting some video for ya.
sparrow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:45 AM #32
Paoc

Focus... i hate your answers... lol you are to darn smart... maybe it's cause the rest of us idiots are kids

Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 AM #33
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
I love focus. Makes my job easier posting

Great review. And for the record, I believe Sparrow and I have even argued at times on this board. Is it possible to get a case off a vibe with a 47 3000? Or even another gun? Yes. It all depends on what your chrono is.

But I really look forward to seeing more from you about actually playing with it.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:33 PM #34
772baller
Dream on

772baller helped look for balloons
ok i have a bit on co2 efficiency, my friend played like 8 games with a 20oz using about a case of balls and still has some co2 left.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:51 PM #35
Paoc

what was the temperature outside? was it a/s? what was his chrono? any upgrades?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:48 AM #36
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 772baller View Post
ok i have a bit on co2 efficiency, my friend played like 8 games with a 20oz using about a case of balls and still has some co2 left.
After I did that efficiency test against a Model 98 (it is on our you tube site and our website to view) using CO2, after I was done... I said it is entirely possible to shoot a case of paint on CO2 using a 20oz bottle. As long as you don't shoot fast, and space it out. And the temp outside being warmer... it is possible. And 8 games and 2000 paintballs breaks down to 250 a game. It is possible.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM #37
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

MCNoobCake is playing at Living Legends VI
MCNoobCake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
this guys full of ****
Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM #38
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

way to revive a 4 month old thread.

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 PM #39
Mespllingesnogud

How do people even find these threads? Do they scroll back to the first page of threads ever posted?

The guy was probably shooting around 230 FPS. Some small indoor fields have very low velocity limits. Or he didn't realize how slow he was shooting.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 PM #40
Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
How do people even find these threads? Do they scroll back to the first page of threads ever posted?

The guy was probably shooting around 230 FPS. Some small indoor fields have very low velocity limits. Or he didn't realize how slow he was shooting.
I still don't buy that argument. You cannot quadruple your shot count by lowering your velocity by 1/3.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 PM #41
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I still don't buy that argument. You cannot quadruple your shot count by lowering your velocity by 1/3.
Is the velocity to pressure ration direct? Or is it exponential? I honestly don't know. It's still a possibility, but it's more likely that he messed up when he refilled the air tank.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:10 PM #42
Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
Is the velocity to pressure ration direct? Or is it exponential? I honestly don't know. It's still a possibility, but it's more likely that he messed up when he refilled the air tank.
I'm fairly sure it is, or at least there isn't a sharp drop off between 300fps and 230fps. Even with an Eclipse in training mode (dwell reduced to something like 2ms), I don't think you can get 2000 cycles off of a 47/3k tank.