Excelsior!

has been a member for 10 years
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Post event thoughts?

What did you think of the event, venue, fields, etc.

It's home field for me so I'm of course biased towards the turf fields there. Just wanted to get some other opinions on it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM #2
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

First time ive ever been there. it was good. i was hoping there would be more vendors but oh well. i also think they should have had an announcer for field 2 but i guess thats pushing it. lol

all in all, good weekend.
Redz Pepper Stick Barrel Kit
Throttle 45/70
Old 08-30-2009, 09:50 PM #3
jcspball13
Tigers love pepper!

jcspball13 plays in the USPL
jcspball13 supports Cereal Killerz 2
jcspball13 donated to help Peyton Trent
jcspball13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jcspball13 supports Bob Gurnsey
jcspball13 plays in the APPA beginner division
This is Jason Cox, owner of JC's Paintball in Bel Air, MD. Amazing event guys, seriously, it was very, very well done! I want to send a special thank you to Pev, you gave my son a Freezie Pop in the VIP section, it was awesome to see you busting you butt and really carrying how the event went! Meant a lot to me, probably even more to him!

I had an amazing time, great games as well, amazing fields! Thanks so much guys! And for those of you who live in the area who didn't come, you missed a great event, you should feel bad for not supporting our sport and the USPL!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:26 PM #4
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

nice job. not alot of vendors but alot of people were selling stuff also so overall i liked it
Old 08-30-2009, 10:31 PM #5
rockinuwitanevo

my first pro event and first time to PEV's and i must say..amazing
not only did i get to chill with XSV for a lil bit...but thomas shot me in the face lol chack youtube.com/nghtk7 for it...AND i found an amazing looking field that me and my team are going to be trying to come to atleast once every two months if not once a month. The vendors were good ESPICALLY Valken those guys were AMAZING and there gear is down right sexy i WILL be getting a set from their redemption line i want to thank Will Bourgault for being super awesome and nice as i probably bugged the hell out of him this weekend lol and thanks to ALL of XSV espically Rich and Thomas as me and my buddy bugged them so much just they are our idols and im sure thomas wont forget us lol
#38 Corey "Cookie" West
Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 PM #6
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

BonusBaller04 is a Supporting Member
BonusBaller04 works for a Paintball manufacturer
BonusBaller04 plays in the USPL
BonusBaller04 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BonusBaller04 plays in the APPA D1 division
Pevs is a beautiful field for sure.
Planet Eclipse /RAZAPB187/Virtue!
SUPPORT THE MAPL

Trendy News PROPAINTBALL.COM
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 AM #7
Droid Axiom
DC Devastation #88

Droid Axiom supports Pev's Paintball
I definitely wish i could get out to pevs more often. Lovin the turf
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM #8
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
I've plenty to plenty of PSP events but this was the first USPL/NPPL event I'd ever been to. Well run, they kept the games going.

I was impressed to see the field I play on weekly transformed into a national venue in a matter of days.

Solid. A few more vendors would have been nice but paintball isn't about vendors, free stuff or hot deals, its about the games, and that was the focus.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 AM #9
nickdude
well do ya punk?

nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
Great venue!

Took the ride from Jersey just to watch. Met some great people and had a good time. They had a VIP section which was a great deal considering a lot of the pros were coming up and hanging out. Wings, Hooter girls and sitting next to XSV for lunch was "priceless".

If you lived anywhere close you were a fool for not checking it out!

I know it's not about the vendors but that does attract the crowds. Since they have to pay a price to be there I am sure they want as many people as they can looking at and buying their products.

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM #10
Kil187
Ocean View's Finest

Kil187 plays in the PSP
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kil187 supports Ninja Paintball
This was my first NPPL/USPL event ever and all in all, I thought everything was great. The facility itself is impressive and well built to say the least. The pro shop was OK, but it could have had more merchandise to make up for the lack of vendors or was it just a lot of Eclipse stuff? It was organized really well and everything seemed to flow. Mike and crew worked really hard for this event and it showed, hopefully next year it will be MUCH bigger.

But what kind of review would this be without some constructive criticism:

1. The smell from the dumpsters next to the grandstands was irritating and did not make my experience as a spectator from the sideline any better. I tried NOT to pay attention to it but it was just wafting in my face constantly. Dunno if anything could have been done about this, but it was not pleasant for me.

2. The lack of Vendors. Vendors add alot to the whole "National Event" experience, from a spectator standpoint and it's hard to believe that this was a National Event with only a handfull of companies on hand to show off their product (where is the East Coast love!).

Other than those 2 gripes, I thought that the Event and more importantly, the Venue, was great. I had tons of fun and look forward to being here next year, AND obviously the paintball was awesome too! Props to DC Arsenal for the win, keep up the good work!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:40 AM #11
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
My thoughts on the event itself...The games stuck to the schedule for the most part, which is rare. Whomever planned for the games to be that quick was on their game just like the killers on the fields that made sure the schedule was stuck to. The games on the field were great. I only saw a handful of times that the crowd saw something different than what the refs saw on the field, which such a low number of instances is also rare. The refs did a tremendous job out there in the heat. The players showed why they comptete at a national level in the weather this go around. You guys kick ***! It was great to see teams from the Left Coast and Canada in VA for this event. You guys are definitely the reason this sport continues to be as big as it is. The announcing was just enough, not overbearing like some events. The VIP Deck is an awesome resource that hardly anybody untilized the whole time I was there. Hooters catering was a nice touch, I recommend Chipotle next time

The lack of vendors really caught my attention. First thing I noticed walking up (or down coming from general parking). I do think this helped keep the crowd inside of the Pev's proshop though, so plus for Pev's. I saw a race car and a tank mural there, were they there just for photo ops or was there a vendor or two there that I missed? And did anybody stop in the Tippman booth? That rep looked so lonely, but kudos for her sticking it out in the heat at a tournament selling 98's with M16 kits on them. Porto-potties must have been planned by the same guy who did the scheduling. It didn't seem like a whole lot of them, but I never saw a line. Locating them downwind from the event was a nice touch too.

I also wanted to mention the turf fields here. Pev's has some awesome turf that is on top of dirt, not pavement. The fields are kept up to great condition, the netting wasn't zip-tied everywhere to close holes, none of the edges were coming up or taped down on the field. It's something that as a player when I can afford it, it's nice to have.

The only way I see this event improving is by bringing more vendors out to the field along with more spectators. USPL is kinda new, I mean the NPPL has it's following, but this was the first USPL event in VA/DC. Having more will definitely bring more people out to the event. How many spectators came out to HB the first time? Granted this isn't on the beach, in a hot spot where everyone can just walk up not just paintballers...okay bad example. Overall I give this event an 8/10 because it was a great event, but there's still that little bit of room for improvement. Did anybody else notice they had walk-on recball with about 250 players going on while we were there? I know certain fields that have trouble keeping the recball woodsball players from holding up the speedball players. These guys kept a national event separate but sharing the same staging areas. Great job!

Special mention from me goes to Tom and the guys from the Arsenal Camp. You have no idea how awesome Saturday was.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 AM #12
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
Hooters catering was a nice touch, I recommend Chipotle next time

The lack of vendors really caught my attention. First thing I noticed walking up (or down coming from general parking). I do think this helped keep the crowd inside of the Pev's proshop though, so plus for Pev's. I saw a race car and a tank mural there, were they there just for photo ops or was there a vendor or two there that I missed?

Did anybody else notice they had walk-on recball with about 250 players going on while we were there? I know certain fields that have trouble keeping the recball woodsball players from holding up the speedball players.
Chipotle doesn't have Hooters girls so I don't see that change happening.

I don't think it was Pevs who limited the # of vendors so more people would visit their pro shop. Not sure if that's what you were implying there. I'm guessing with it being the 1st year for USPL as well as a new venue, vendors might have been hesitant. With how smoothly the event was run and with it being proven that the venue does have enough fields, parking, room for vendors, etc to successfully host a national event that more vendors will want to come out next time.

I as a player had no idea that they had hundreds of walk-ons there playing on the scenario fields behind us. The field manager told me about it after the event. I never once saw the walk-ons or was in any way impeded by them.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 AM #13
JESUS_V2
Retired

plays in the NXL
JESUS_V2 helped look for balloons
JESUS_V2 supports Pev's Paintball
i though the event was great! pevs being my home field as well i was glad to c an event. i was surprised at the lack of vendors but overall i had a great time!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 AM #14
Homan13PSU
Hockeytown

Homan13PSU supports Pev's Paintball
First Pro paintball event I've attended and I've got to say I was impressed with what I saw. There did not appear to be a lot of gap in between games, which was great from a spectator standpoint, parking was plentiful, Pev's was still able to run Walk On's on the non-speedball fields.

Granted this is my home field as well so I may be a little biased.

For those of you that visited hope you enjoyed our field, our typical August humidity and everything else.

GREEN SPLASH MARQ DOUCHE KID HATER CLUB #13
Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 AM #15
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pe†ey

GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil187 View Post
This was my first NPPL/USPL event ever and all in all, I thought everything was great. The facility itself is impressive and well built to say the least. The pro shop was OK, but it could have had more merchandise to make up for the lack of vendors or was it just a lot of Eclipse stuff? It was organized really well and everything seemed to flow. Mike and crew worked really hard for this event and it showed, hopefully next year it will be MUCH bigger.

But what kind of review would this be without some constructive criticism:

1. The smell from the dumpsters next to the grandstands was irritating and did not make my experience as a spectator from the sideline any better. I tried NOT to pay attention to it but it was just wafting in my face constantly. Dunno if anything could have been done about this, but it was not pleasant for me.

2. The lack of Vendors. Vendors add alot to the whole "National Event" experience, from a spectator standpoint and it's hard to believe that this was a National Event with only a handfull of companies on hand to show off their product (where is the East Coast love!).

Other than those 2 gripes, I thought that the Event and more importantly, the Venue, was great. I had tons of fun and look forward to being here next year, AND obviously the paintball was awesome too! Props to DC Arsenal for the win, keep up the good work!
To let you know we (Pev's) were the official Eclipse Booth for the event. that is why you saw all teh eclipse gear. Sence we have a good relation ship with teh company they just shipped us the gear to cut down on cost for them.

1. The dumperster idea is a great one. i will make sure those who need to know about it will for next time.

2. About the vendors this is USPL's first year so many companys are hesitant. also you have to remember the current state of the economy takes part in ware some vendors go. and seeing as alot of the major companys are based in teh west coast traveling costs would be high. but i know Pev is making sure that next event that the vendors will be packed in there!

Thank you all for comming out to the event and supporting the sport we all love!
Also you all should come out and check out the walk on days. Arsinal is out there practising all the time and our walkons are above par. actualy we had a walk on team in teh event who did quite well for all of them being unranked. (team FFP)

thanks again guys

Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM #16
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
Actually I don't think that was dumpsters, that could have been the septic system out gassing.

Considering I was mostly stuck working the pro shop and handing Team Paint things went fairly smooth, customers were polite and patient in getting checked out and understanding when it slowed up a bit.

We blew through most of the dye lenses we had ( we even pulled product from several shops to sell as well ), that is including our special order stuff.

VF Grill lenes well that is a long known issue, We can't sell what we can't get

On a down side some jerk wad photographer was meting holes in the netting so he could take pictures.

Glad so many people had a great time, we hope to put on an even bigger and better event next year.

-Robert
Old 08-31-2009, 12:22 PM #17
DCIVW

It was my first time to that pevs park and i must say, quite the nice place! Like outhers have said i wish there would have been more venders but for the first time the tourney was held there you really cant expect the whole of paintball to be there but hopefully next year!!! The store was really nice with alot of top notch gear and helpfull service and the fields were the best i have parsonally seen.

All in all i would have to say it was top notch and i cant wait for next year!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 PM #18
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Just want to say thanks to Mike and the Peverill Family, along with Chuck, Camille and USPL.
I had an awesome time, Pev's World was pretty cool to visit and definitely looking for an excuse to come back!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM #19
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.

BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
Alot of fun, loved the turf,bunkers,ect

SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 PM #20
chrispy1.5

chrispy1.5 plays in the PSP
chrispy1.5 supports Pev's Paintball
chrispy1.5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Great event, thought it was really well orgamized and the PEV's staff was on top of things. Could have had a few more vendors, but overall great!

Feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1632768
Old 08-31-2009, 01:44 PM #21
mcoca01

mcoca01 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I went Saturday with the kid and had a blast. Games were tight and all the people were mad cool! Can't wait til next year!
Originally posted by mnkynyrfce, "Paintball is who I am, what I do, and there's nothing like the sound of dry firing or paint rattaling your bunker. I hope you are one of the few I believe in that and will help keep this sport alive" <Spell check and edited>