PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 PM #43
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniacs1 View Post
Well, I've never used the drunk kid argument, so I won't bother to debate that line.

My original post in this thread pretty much outlines my thoughts on the issue. I feel like the major difference is the density of people. The same reason private music venues, for instance, won't allow CCW.

As far as doubting people would carry to class, we could just as easily guess the other way. And it might not change much in the way of thinking about it, as there's less likelihood for something to happen during the day, other than some crazy kid shooting up the school.
At a private music venue there's typically security within shouting distance and a ton of people which greatly lessens your chance of being robbed. Not the case on a college campus at night.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 AM #44
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I'd prefer open carry.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM #45
blitz121
Pocket full of Sunshine

blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 supports Team VICIOUS
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I'd prefer open carry.
Open carry would be nice, depending on time of day. I feel that the more people you have with guns, the less criminals will want to take that change. I know at the state college here they will gladly lock up your guns for you and you can exchange them out whenever necessary. You can't have them in your dorm, but you can have them locked up, no CCW however. Also at my school we have nothing of the sort (Private/ small school) but it would be nice to have that opportunity, to just have a place to store. Problems I see however is what happens if said clerk is held up in a robbery, I think that they have also a armed security guard close by as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM #46
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
but... they have training!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM #47
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
At a private music venue there's typically security within shouting distance and a ton of people which greatly lessens your chance of being robbed.
so authority figures can keep you safe without arms? as long as its densely packed and controlled you don't need a weapon? c wut u did there?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 AM #48
blitz121
Pocket full of Sunshine

blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 supports Team VICIOUS
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
... and you trust them?
I do if they are something other than Security guards. I think they were cops, but I am not sure on that.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM #49
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
so authority figures can keep you safe without arms? as long as its densely packed and controlled you don't need a weapon? c wut u did there?
More like the presence and proximity of security and other patrons dissuades criminals.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM #50
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
I think if they offer a strict 60hr course of something in regards to CCW then colleges should allow it. However you want to break the course down 30/30 40/20 range time/class time. People seem to think that cops are deserving of a weapon, when I wouldn't trust most of them with my life.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P

Last edited by SniperForce-Duffek : 07-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 PM #51
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ladd_17 is Boss
Why does there need to be a stricter bar set for campus carry than the bar set for public carry?

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball

TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 PM #52
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
As someone who carries everywhere but school, I would like to remove the school aspect. With all the shootings on campuses these days, seems like a no-brainer to allow people who can legally carry to carry everywhere else. Being against the law obviously doesnt stop the people who are intent on breaking the law. All you have done by making it illegal is ensure that when someone wants to go on a shooting rampage they will face no obstacles before they begin to shoot.

The argument that somehow allowing people who can CCW legally already, to carry on campus would somehow result in putting weapons in the hands of crazy drunken shoot happy students is ridiculous. Why can i legally carry through the state with the exception of a few things but somehow when i step on campus i become a crazed drunken retard?

I carry for my own protection everywhere else, i would do the same on campus. You chose not to carry, and thats your choice. If something were to happen and i needed to protect myself, i would. If something is happening to someone else, i dont involve myself. You can wait on the police to help you while being mugged, thats your prerogative. I choose to be a little more proactive.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM #53
BenderBR
OPEC ****ed up

Fully in favor of it. But I live in Texas. So yeah.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
BenderBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM #54
M98custom1212

I wish we could just alot of women are getting raped/mugged.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit..
Chief Machining
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM #55
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
The hell...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM #56
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
As someone who carries everywhere but school, I would like to remove the school aspect. With all the shootings on campuses these days, seems like a no-brainer to allow people who can legally carry to carry everywhere else. Being against the law obviously doesnt stop the people who are intent on breaking the law. All you have done by making it illegal is ensure that when someone wants to go on a shooting rampage they will face no obstacles before they begin to shoot.

The argument that somehow allowing people who can CCW legally already, to carry on campus would somehow result in putting weapons in the hands of crazy drunken shoot happy students is ridiculous. Why can i legally carry through the state with the exception of a few things but somehow when i step on campus i become a crazed drunken retard?

I carry for my own protection everywhere else, i would do the same on campus. You chose not to carry, and thats your choice. If something were to happen and i needed to protect myself, i would. If something is happening to someone else, i dont involve myself. You can wait on the police to help you while being mugged, thats your prerogative. I choose to be a little more proactive.
Where are you not allowed to carry and why not?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM #57
LOL Renegade

I'm about as pro-2A as you can get but I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Concealed carry on campus appeals to my emotions by not my logic. I mean, at least from what I have seen thus far, I wouldn't trust majority of 18-22 year olds with a gun. There's just too much alcohol, drugs, etc. A lot a of social drama and great potential for things to get out of hand. I feel like any tiny misunderstanding would end up escalating into someone doing something inexplicably retarded.

I would be alright with it if the students who are issued the permits have proven time and time again to be intelligent and highly responsible individuals and are required to take a lengthy course on firearm safety as well as practice.

Last edited by LOL Renegade : 08-06-2012 at 03:10 PM.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM #58
F1VENOM

Where can you CC at 18?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM #59
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Where are you not allowed to carry and why not?
school and work.

Work has explicitly said they dont want anyone carrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
I'm about as pro-2A as you can get but I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Concealed carry on campus appeals to my emotions by not my logic. I mean, at least from what I have seen thus far, I wouldn't trust majority of 18-22 year olds with a gun. There's just too much alcohol, drugs, etc. A lot a of social drama and great potential for things to get out of hand. I feel like any tiny misunderstanding would end up escalating into someone doing something inexplicably retarded.

I would be alright with it if the students who are issued the permits have proven time and time again to be intelligent and highly responsible individuals and are required to take a lengthy course on firearm safety as well as practice.
luckily you cant CC until you are 21. Crisis averted!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 AM #60
spudnic
Mojo Man

If you live in a state where you are able to get a concealed carry or a open carry permit and your state or county awards you said permit, then i see no issues with you utilizing that permit while you are in a educational setting.

Colleges enforce the laws of the states and counties so i don't see why they should not respect and honor their permits. If the state or county found me competent to carry then i would hope that the educational community i belonged to would also find me competent to carry.
Sounds & Colors

"We Earn Our Tomorrows Standing Here Today"
spudnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM #61
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnic View Post
If you live in a state where you are able to get a concealed carry or a open carry permit and your state or county awards you said permit, then i see no issues with you utilizing that permit while you are in a educational setting.

Colleges enforce the laws of the states and counties so i don't see why they should not respect and honor their permits. If the state or county found me competent to carry then i would hope that the educational community i belonged to would also find me competent to carry.
If only common sense actually prevailed in our legal system.

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball

TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 PM #62
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
Why can I carry into a bar that explicitly sells alcohol but not on campus?
You can't. At least not legally.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:29 PM #63
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You can't. At least not legally.
that might vary state to state. Texas is if the business makes 51% of its money on alcohol sales then it puts up a 51% sign and its illegal to CC in the establishment.