Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM #64
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

has been a member for 10 years
pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
What's the significance of capitalizing the "R" in "cRew?"

*edit: That's already been asked. And kind of answered. So, why capitalize the "T" in "upTon?"

Last edited by pyromaniacs1 : 11-01-2011 at 03:50 PM.
pyromaniacs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM #65
Eppaintball

Eppaintball is a Professional paintball player
Eppaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Same reason
Eppaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:58 PM #66
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBaller203 View Post
Do you think you will compete better in the pro division your first season than teams such as CEP and Vicious? If so, how will you be preparing so you will be successful?
JTBaller203,

That's a tough question. I'd like to think we'll be very competitive our first year but I also realize that there is a significant step between D1 and Pro. You have to give Vicious and CEP credit for the job they've done in the PRO division. It's not easy making that jump but they did and they've won a few matches here and there too - just look at how well Vicious did at Cup - 4th place finish - pretty awesome if you ask me. Look for Vicious to continue to step up thier game next season and notch a few more Sundays and most likely a Top 3 finish or two too.

Our goal is to have competitive points - even if we lose every point we want them to be challenging for the other team. It will take time, but all our guys will make the jump to Pro and step up their game to the next level. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll be giving the other teams a run for their money.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM #67
bobzach98

What guns does your team use?
bobzach98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 PM #68
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
We use a mix of pl geo2's and ego11's
Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM #69
hkballer69

Whats does a normal practice consist of? and what drills do you guys feel help you perform at the highest level?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM #70
sofla(dvs)
TCK

sofla(dvs) plays in the APPA D1 division
not sure if ask
are you guys bringing experience pro's?
sofla(dvs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM #71
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
What, if any, roster changes are you guys looking to make this off season? Keep the roster the same and keep the chemistry? Roster one of the former pros in the area to help with experience? Or purchase a big ticket player as a hired gun?

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 PM #72
Eppaintball

hkballer69: we start with a strech, and a few laps move into a quick sesh of one on one's, after that we like to mix in drills and points. This helps to see if you are acctually applying the things from the drills. We do everything from running and gunning and race to the 50 as well as more in depth closing drills and situational paintball that helps out team chemestry as well as communication.

sofla(dvs), and tniz: The current plan is to keep the roster we have if anything bring in some farmilar faces from our past, but certainly no hired guns or "out side help" part of what makes us the team we are is the way we have learned to play off one another and work as one solid unit
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM #73
NTran

NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
NTran plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkballer69 View Post
Whats does a normal practice consist of? and what drills do you guys feel help you perform at the highest level?
To expand on What Eddie was saying:

Let's say we have 5 weekends of practices until a tournament.

The first weekend will be more focused on technical and individual skills and conditioning to get us tired to make the drills harder. As we get closer to the tournament, we will switch towards situational game drills and more scrimmages. The weekend when we have the layout is pretty much learning the field and some more situational things.

We always stretch before we practice. We have been doing a lot of 1on1s and 2on3s as of late.
Nick always has us doing suicides before drills/scrimmages to help with conditioning and make us more tired for the next drill so that it is harder.
We always stress communication.

Saturdays are the days we really try to learn and improve our skills individually and as a team.
Sundays are rotation days. We use that time to apply what we learned as well as give teams that come to Fox 4 a chance to practice us.

I think 2on3s have helped us a lot because it really helps us focus on HOW to close/defend a point properly.
Fox 4 Darkside - ICPL
United States o18 bc Jerry - NXLE

RIP Upton187 cRew
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM #74
Greg77

Greg77 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Greg77 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Greg77 plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
I think 2on3s have helped us a lot because it really helps us focus on HOW to close/defend a point properly
by far my favorite drill before cup. usually nick (team captain) would also add a time factor into the drill where the 3 need to finish the point in a minute or so while the two just need to hold them off. this makes the drill much trickier and makes you think that much faster/more.
Upton187Crew #8

Fox 4 Paintball
GI Sportz
Planet Eclipse
Ninja Paintball
Greg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM #75
lobo1
MedleyPaintballPark

lobo1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
lobo1 is an NCPA player
lobo1 plays in the APPA D2 division
What are your guys opinion on one league next year? and if there isn't one league next year, would you guys consider playing nppl?

rip Ian Guckian
rip Jesus Larralde
lobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 AM #76
DMailMan69
Meadowlands GRIND

DMailMan69 plays in the PSP
DMailMan69 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DMailMan69 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
All good questions let me see if I can answer them all for you.

1 – Like most, they have real life jobs and/or school to deal with. For those with jobs, they save their vacation times for paintball and have limited time off outside of national events. It’s one of the many sacrifices they make to play nationally. For those still in school they have to work with their professors to either make up the missed work ahead of time or in some cases do the work while at the events. The nice thing about technology – you can email your homework in from anywhere in the world. As for practice – everyone is fairly local to Fox 4 Paintball, so we can practice every weekend without incurring any/much travel expense. However, this is also one of the sacrifices they make to play at the top level – most every weekend is consumed by paintball – either reffing, practicing or playing an event.
i just want to congratulate you guys and that this answer right here was very inspiring and shows me that it could be done. thank you .
Fausto Valdez #4/ WOLFPACK

If its not Meadowlands Paintball, Then its not real paintball
DMailMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:27 AM #77
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo1 View Post
What are your guys opinion on one league next year? and if there isn't one league next year, would you guys consider playing nppl?
I think the only people that really know what’s going on are the folks heading up the PSP and NPPL. However, I believe that they're working hard toward a merger. I believe it is in the best interest of tournament paintball to have one national league to focus on.

Based on the recent attendance figures I'd say both leagues appear to be doing better than before. Hopefully that means tournament paintball is back on the growth path after several years of stagnation. With paintball being a luxury sport the economy has hit our industry hard and the funding from major manufactures like KEE Action Sports and Planet Eclipse has been reduced. Having to spread the reduced marketing funds across two leagues has made it even more difficult for them to support the leagues and the teams that play in them.

These companies are faced with the same types of challenges you and I are faced with during this tough economy – they have to make choices on where to spend their money. If there is only one league then it may be possible for them to spend less money while supporting the league in an even greater fashion then they do today. Let’s assume company X spends $50K on an event – if they go to two events (two leagues) that’s 100K. Now let’s assume that there is only one league – they could spend $75K on the one event and still save $25k over the previous year’s budget.

I’d like to see one national league in 2012. However, if there are two leagues we’ll be sticking with the PSP. There are pluses and minuses about both leagues, but for me it comes down to format. I have always felt that in x-ball (Race-to and other formats) that the best team will win the majority of the time. If you have a bad point you just line up again and make it happen on the next point. If you can have more good points then bad points – you’re the better team.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM #78
ShadowFiend
pH Squared Clothing

ShadowFiend plays in the APPA D5 division
What is your best piece of advice to teams in the area that wish to aspire to your level? Also what qualities should be expected out of a coach who wishes to progress as far as you guys have? What do you see as a critical flaw in most of the regional teams programs that will keep them at the d3 and lower divisions?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM #79
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

plays in the NXL
after having played both 7man and xball nationally. xball is where I want to play.

I love 7man its fun to play...but we have finished 2nd in a tournament without ever losing a game. how does that happen? their points system is not ideal.

Xball, makes it a legit sport. It involves a clock and a chance to comeback.

it encorperates a bunch of things a lot of teams dont even realize, such as clock management, momentum, proper use of timeouts (I guess thats clock management). it just makes the games that more exciting to follow.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 AM #80
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFiend View Post
What is your best piece of advice to teams in the area that wish to aspire to your level? Also what qualities should be expected out of a coach who wishes to progress as far as you guys have? What do you see as a critical flaw in most of the regional teams programs that will keep them at the d3 and lower divisions?
be willing to sacrifice alot! you really have to not have fun at practices...they are days of work...running drilling etc is work not fun.

A coach must be someone who everyone respects what they say. Its rare to have somone in this sport that someone wont mouth off to or just ignore, because everyone is dishing out their own money. I think an effective coach has a lot to do with personell on the team as well.

I think the critical flaw for most teams in the area are not fixing what is broken, everyone proclaims they want to play better teams to learn, but these teams get smashed and smashed and dont figure out why. Not ot mention they use rotations as their tournaments. They complain the scoreboard is wrong, they cheat..etc. top teams use this time to learn the game, try things, fix broken parts.

We could care less about what the score is in a rotation, as long as we are working on what we need for that day.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:30 AM #81
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

4x4 rider plays in the PSP
4x4 rider plays in the APPA D4 division
Do you think that Matty Marshel will ever say Dan's last name right over a telecast. And will other commentators stop calling you "uptown crew".
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

NEAA-2011 foXball Champs!

Aftermath fan club member #80
UpTon 187 cRew fan club member #15
4x4 rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM #82
Eppaintball

being the new team on the block im sure announcing will eventually figure it out but to there defence we did kinda come outa nowere
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM #83
Greg!

Greg! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Greg! is an NCPA player
Greg! plays in the APPA D2 division
Favorite pro team (besides yourself) and why?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 AM #84
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Favorite pro team (besides yourself) and why?
Mine would have to be RL. their work ethic is second to none. The way their program is set-up should be a model of every PRO team, and a true Major League way to run a paintball team (I.e. advanced scouting, stats, true coaching) All very nice guys too from my little experience with them.