Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 PM #43
aaronah1

aaronah1 supports Team VICIOUS
aaronah1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronah1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronah1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i think that some newer player may think that its okay to ask but to me its kind of like i worked and payed for this so no your not going to get my money sort of idea. idk if that makes sense but theres my two cents.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball 4 life..

".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face.......then the ref high-fived me for being so damn awesome."
aaronah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 AM #44
terfer

terfer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
terfer supports Ninja Paintball
terfer supports Empire
me when I decide to invite a friends to try that i sell it a paint but he don't tell to the other ''yesss all poaple he give me free paint '' but i sell it too low and lost money (like 5$ a bag ( 500 ))

Ebay +125 / -0 http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...me=STRK:ME:UFS

PBmtl +5 / -0 http://paintballmontreal.com/forum/v...e16178523599c4 (sorry that one are in french )
terfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 AM #45
LompocLegendary
302Destroyers BG

has been a member for 10 years
LompocLegendary owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LompocLegendary has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LompocLegendary has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When ever me and a couple of my old team mates go out just to keep from getting rusty and we have mass amounts of paint (I am talkin like 2 and a half cases a person for a day of rec ball) I will usually find the renter kid who doesnt have a whole lot of paint and I will just leave a bag at his area while he is playing. Kinda cool too see the look on their face when they find a bag of paint that wasnt there before.
Playing: NRPL, EPL
LompocLegendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM #46
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LompocLegendary View Post
When ever me and a couple of my old team mates go out just to keep from getting rusty and we have mass amounts of paint (I am talkin like 2 and a half cases a person for a day of rec ball) I will usually find the renter kid who doesnt have a whole lot of paint and I will just leave a bag at his area while he is playing. Kinda cool too see the look on their face when they find a bag of paint that wasnt there before.
That's very humble. Giving paint away without requiring credit. Never see those type of people.
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 AM #47
LompocLegendary
302Destroyers BG

LompocLegendary owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LompocLegendary has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LompocLegendary has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocking Da Bird View Post
That's very humble. Giving paint away without requiring credit. Never see those type of people.
It's all about bein anonymous my man. Besides at the end of the day we always had like 2 or 3 bags left that we decide to give to the younger kids like 10-13 years old that have their parents there either playing or just watching and the parents are surprised that the seasoned players can be so nice. It also helps to keep the kids in the sport which is really what we want to do.
Playing: NRPL, EPL
LompocLegendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:18 AM #48
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
This man knows what's up. Even if it's not the best paint I tend to give whatever I have to rentals at the end of the day.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 AM #49
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
I usually don't share paint. Then again, no one really asks. Oddly enough, i'm offered paint fairly often, and i don't know why.
Who wouldn't give free paint to a talking turtle?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:25 AM #50
GivenRandy

Been many times I've given a pod to a rental when I'm done for the day. Generally, rentals appreciate it and aren't blowing through paint.

The person I won't give paint to is the regular that's a smoocher. Usually can be spotted because, seconds before the game starts, he'll start yelling that he needs paint -- can anyone give him some (so we can win, of course).

Last edited by GivenRandy : 02-11-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM #51
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Now that I looked back at it, I shouldn't have given paint to that renter. Just the way he asked me was rude.

Oh yeah, when I brought my caddy to the hyperball field, everyone was like "OH, WE GOT A RESUPPLIER!" I was just thinking to myself "****, here come the freeloaders".
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM #52
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?

DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont mind tossing a pod to a person mid game or if their friends seem to have a little paint left and they are out, sometimes ill just drop a pod in there hopper and say there you go. It's always good to keep a positive attitute towards new players, it welcomes them to come back and help the industry grow. but yea as long as youve played with them for a few games and they dont just come up to you asking for paint, its all good
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 AM #53
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
Usually I carry somewhere around three pods onto the field per game, and most of the time only end up using one, or not even touching them. If I'm on a team with people I've never played with before, it depends on the situation. If we're hunkered down, holding off an advancing horde, sure, I'll sacrifice a dollar or two in a pod to keep him in the game, but if it's early in the game and kid just shot his entire hopper in one long burst, tough luck, I'm not going to give you more paint to waste. There always is that one kid eyeing my pod pack or vest between games, glancing at his nearly empty hopper. If he's on my team and helped me pay for paint, it's his. If not, sorry bud, you've got another case back at the staging area.
So, if it's the end of the day, I'll take a couple pods home to tech guns with, but the rest I'll leave for people to use, or distribute throughout the team. Usually the team has around one bag left from three cases brought, so we use pretty much all of what we bring.
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM #54
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I've rarely given paint to anybody mid match during rec ball. Unless it was one of those unforgettable matches, the ones that I still remember from 8+ years ago. Around here the little kid's(10-13) and his father that come out on sunday to play do not buy a lot of paint. A friend and I split 7 cases. We use 4ish for practice and then go join the rec ballers. At the end of the day it's those father's bonding with their son's that I give an extra bag to. Probably because my father's back prevented him to play the sport with me.

STL MANIACS
DYE DSR + $$$ F/T
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM #55
kpmurphy
beer

kpmurphy is playing at Living Legends V
kpmurphy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kpmurphy supports Pev's Paintball
kpmurphy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kpmurphy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kpmurphy is attending Decay of Nations VI
It we are slugging it out, ill keep my teammates going. It reciprocates. But if some random with their own gear asks for paint, it's always no
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM #56
GHPBWoman

GHPBWoman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have seen the generosity of giving paint away become a real problem. One of the younger players that I play with found out that people would give him paint if he acted like a newb & now has no qualms about wandering the field asking strangers for a spare pod.

I love the kid, but it is very disrespectful of him and I've told him so on multiple occasions.

Find me at: Gearheadz Paintball
GHPBWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM #57
PaintballinBanana

PaintballinBanana is an NCPA player
PaintballinBanana is an NCPA National Champion
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA D4 division
I've given like 50 rounds out of my hopper when I got out and he gave me a pod the next game
Liberty University #45
PaintballinBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 PM #58
americigerm
Punchin Nerds in the Dome

americigerm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
americigerm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americigerm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americigerm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Tossing a pod to a rental during a game so we can work together to get the win, or hold off the inevitable defeat a bit longer (both equally fun), oh yeah, I'll do that no problem.

Tossing that last bag out of a case to the kid having a birthday rental party when I'm done for the day, sure, the look on the kids face when he finds out he can get yet another game in that day is totally worth it.

Even topping off a hopper between two quick turn around games, and having a bit left in the pod, I'll ask "who needs a top off?" instead of dumping it on the ground or having it bouncing around in my pack.

But I got to say I've never given paint to someone panhandling for it. That's just asking too much.
You sick man! Who would do such a thing?
E-Vents SE Ink'd w/ Ninja Lens
Battle Sports USA
americigerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 PM #59
slick86

Most likely if your asking for paint your either a moocher or prolly can't afford to play often anyway. I couldn't afford to play for long time. So the bottom line is don't feed the geese and they wont poop on your lawn, they will flock elsewhere, maybe even find food on their own.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 PM #60
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I'd be unlikely to give paint to someone asking for it off field.
On the field in a pinch, absolutely.

If I were to walk on at a field I'm not a regular at I might give it to a family or a kid if I were leaving early.

I have given a bag or a few pods to kids at the end of the day when I didn't plan on going back to a field relatively soon or when it just wasn't enough to warrant bringing home.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:03 AM #61
soccer72727

soccer72727 is an NCPA player
soccer72727 plays in the APPA D5 division
if you can spare the paint, go for it, be nice, give him a pods worth or maybe a hopper full. i will say that you shouldn't just give away your paint all the time to any player but if there is someone who can enjoy the paint, will play fair, and is a good person, go for it. i love friendly paintballers and when i first started, someone lended me some paint that i didn't know that well and now i am really into the sport. all i can say is it encouraged me to join the sport and get my own stuff.
soccer72727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 PM #62
Danny96211

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Alot of times little kids who are around 12 yrs old and rent guns ask me for paint. I find it kind of rude and just tell them no. I mean im all for sharing but paint is expensive. Its 65 a case at my field and i just dont have the money to be handing out free paint. Sorry

Also, i never ask people for paint and even if they offer it to me i politely say no thanks. I dont want to mooch off of them. One time in the middle of a game i was at a bunker with some random guy who was real chill and he asked if i wanted to toss one of his paint grenades at the enemy. I said naa i dont wanna waste it, you can use it. I felt bad taking his stuff even thou he offered it.

Last edited by Danny96211 : 07-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 AM #63
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
I can't stand the dudes that know better and ask anyways. If you ask me fore paint you will get a no. I'll usually give it to a teammate that needs it in game or if I'm done for the day I will hook up a rental with it. I like when their faces' light up and say "FOR REAL?!". I'm like hell yeah man go have fun! I like when I can do that for a new player.