Community Focus

Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 PM #1
Pdubs

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
KT Eraser 1st time and ideas

Used only my eraser against rentals and some regulars today. Got 3 (as they dubbed it) "James Bond" kills. I feel like more and more people need to get exposed to them. Most people I know have had a bad first experience with the chopping issues right out of the box, but I was under the impression that goes away after a bit (mine did?).

Also, does anyone know if they plan to make any upgrades? perhaps some sort of bolt? I was looking at it and realized that it doesn't even have o-rings to direct airflow

Perhaps some sort of soft face too? any ideas guys? if they don't or have no plans for upgrades I might take my marker to the lather and put some o-rings on it.
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM #2
Snausage

Most people experienced chopping because the little jar of paintballs that comes with the marker are crap.

I bought a fresh batch and had no problems. But the mags did give me some issues, like tapping the bottom could release all the paintballs. I just bent the little springs in the metal detent-arm thingy so it was more firm.

It's a nice little marker, and surprisingly accurate. I did a civil war 1v1 against a guy with a phantom pump, and I shot a ball THROUGH the sight tube on his gun, splattering him in the goggles. This was from about 15-20 feet away.

As far as getting noticed; I know a few people who also own Erasers, plus my local indoor rec field has begun selling .43 paint.

I'm not sure if there's much in the way of upgrades for this marker though. That's part of the reason why I'll be selling mine soon. I got a great Boxing Day deal on a TiPX and it will be replacing the Eraser. Though the Eraser is pretty accurate, and VERY efficient on CO2, the 43cal paint doesn't leave much of an impact, nor have the greatest range. Using my standard .68 paint and having access to loads of potential upgrades (barrels, bolts, springs, remote-line, etc) I'm grudgingly admitting that the TiPX would have been a better choice from the start, except that the Eraser was so much cheaper at the time. I believe I'll appreciate the versatility of the TiPX more.

This is just my conclusion based on how and where I play. I still believe the Eraser is a solid marker, and for close quarters it's plenty.

Last edited by Snausage : 12-31-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Snausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM #3
Pdubs

Alright. I think I'm going to spin up the bolt on a lathe and try to start adding o-rings to it. Might also build a bolt out of brass or delrin. would anyone be interested in something like this?

Edit - I think I'll buy a chaser some time in the future and mod the hell out of it, see what I come up with. If anyone has some ideas, let me know?

Last edited by Pdubs : 01-03-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 PM #4
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly my eraser was terrible, I shaved the bolt to stop chopping wich helped a little. The cocking rods are made of terible quality metal and get bent or snap fairly easily. Not too much of a problem but king an has the ****tiest customer support ever. It's cool how light and small it is comparably, but .43 makes even a small breeze your worst nightmare.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM #5
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubs View Post
Alright. I think I'm going to spin up the bolt on a lathe and try to start adding o-rings to it. Might also build a bolt out of brass or delrin. would anyone be interested in something like this?

Edit - I think I'll buy a chaser some time in the future and mod the hell out of it, see what I come up with. If anyone has some ideas, let me know?
I'd be very interested in something like this for the Chaser.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM #6
Pdubs

update...? I suppose it's been a while, but I put two o-rings on it to seal the air passageways. Found out that it both bumps up the FPS by, oh, ~30 fps and makes it a hell of alot more efficient.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM #7
freedummy
Voted most ball-fondliest

A way to make a Kingman Eraser even MORE efficient? You need to post pics of your bolt, along with the measurements of where you put the orings, and what size of oring you used!

Or If you're willing to make another one, I'd be all over that!
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 AM #8
Pdubs

I've lost the ability to use a lathe, but I might go by the local punkworks and make some diagrams.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:39 PM #9
freedummy

Would be most appreciated. I've got a bud with a lathe, wouldn't mind giving this a go!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM #10
Pdubs

BEFORE doing this, take out your bolt and make sure that the air line in the body (that connects to the bolt's air hole) isn't very sharp or jagged. If it is, make sure to try and sand it down a bit, just to remove the possibility of a shredded o-ring.

Alright. You're basically just going to pull your bolt out, mark the space for two o-rings in front of and behind the air port (hole in the bottom of the bolt). Use o-rings that, when checked, have a diameter only SLIGHTLY higher than the bolt (I mean SLIGHTLY. if you need to go down a size and stretch the damn thing then do it. better to have a tight fit than one that doesn't shoot.) measure the depth of the o-ring with your calipers, set the bolt on the lathe and cut out a slot for the o-ring. Attach o-ring, lube with grease or oil, not sure which/doesn't matter?. it'll take a bit to wear in the o-ring, but once it does you should notice the effects.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM #11
freedummy

I had a feeling that might've been what you'd done. I did a little measuring and it should be possible to fit the front o-ring in the mid-point between the tip of the bolt and the inlet. There's a good quarter-inch worth of bolt that doesn't pass over the air line or ball feed during cycling. Wouldn't need to worry about o-ring shredding then...

Next time I'm over at Ray's place and he's not too busy, I'll see if I can't bug him about this. I think I found a place in town that carries some appropriate o-rings too. They have a 1mm cross section, and come in 8mm and 9mm internal diameters. If the 9mm is too tight, stretching the 8mm should work.

Last edited by freedummy : 05-05-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Details
Old 06-10-2013, 09:54 AM #12
bentlax33

Pdubs,

Just realized you are in Arden NC, I just moved to Mocksville, NC. Moved from the Boston area, so I haven't gotten into paintball down here yet.

I like this idea alot. I just got 2 Kingman chasers I might experiment with this on one of them. Ever take any photos to post?
bentlax33 is offline   Reply With Quote