PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM #967
addiction82
Ref!!!Paint Check

Bill,

I just bought an Ego 08, i know its a little out dated, but i always believed in the Ego.

i've noticed how loud this gun is, sounds similar to my old old Spyder lol. Is there anything that can be done. i've bought a hush bolt for it, changed the barrel to see if that could help but didn't. Anything else.
I have the dwell at 11.5ms and thats about it.

please let me know thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM #968
RaidenBall

boards for sl74

I have an 07 warped sports sl 74 but i need a new board because my lcd screen is messed up, are the boards from the 07 egos and sl74's the same?
RIP RAIDEN
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 PM #969
GuessTMF

has been a member for 10 years
I've an Ego 11 with an "over pressurizing?" issue. One day, I gassed it up and it started leaking out the small pin hole in the grip frame. After much head scratching and dis/reassembling parts several times, I discovered that screwing the velocity adj. screw in & out stopped the leak. I thought that was the end of it until I played again yesterday. Turning up the FPS caused the gun to start leaking again but not violently like before. It was very subtle. Someone suggested the LPR isnt set correctly or the dials in the grips need to be adjusted. They are both set to factory default settings. I played with the LPR & HPR at the chrono without success. It only leaks at a certain point in turning the velocity screw. There's about a full turn where it will leak but before or after those points, it doesn't leak at all. Where should I start?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM #970
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction82 View Post
Bill,

I just bought an Ego 08, i know its a little out dated, but i always believed in the Ego.

i've noticed how loud this gun is, sounds similar to my old old Spyder lol. Is there anything that can be done. i've bought a hush bolt for it, changed the barrel to see if that could help but didn't. Anything else.
I have the dwell at 11.5ms and thats about it.

please let me know thanks.
Put the dwell at 14 and the LPR 1 turn in from flush.
other then that a barrel with alot of porting is the only other factor in quieting it down.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM #971
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBall View Post
I have an 07 warped sports sl 74 but i need a new board because my lcd screen is messed up, are the boards from the 07 egos and sl74's the same?
The do interchange. If you want the factory board it is an SL board.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 AM #972
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessTMF View Post
I've an Ego 11 with an "over pressurizing?" issue. One day, I gassed it up and it started leaking out the small pin hole in the grip frame. After much head scratching and dis/reassembling parts several times, I discovered that screwing the velocity adj. screw in & out stopped the leak. I thought that was the end of it until I played again yesterday. Turning up the FPS caused the gun to start leaking again but not violently like before. It was very subtle. Someone suggested the LPR isnt set correctly or the dials in the grips need to be adjusted. They are both set to factory default settings. I played with the LPR & HPR at the chrono without success. It only leaks at a certain point in turning the velocity screw. There's about a full turn where it will leak but before or after those points, it doesn't leak at all. Where should I start?
The HPR shouldnt cause the solenoid to leak unless the LPR piston is bad. Check the end of the piston shaft. There should be a delrin seal pressed into the end. If it is missing or cracked, you need to replace the piston.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 PM #973
GuessTMF

Bill, the delrin seal is in perfect condition. Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the help.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 AM #974
dok

Recently picked up an Ego 11, Zack Y's gat. Seem to be having issues with velocity. It is all over the place. As an example this past weekend it had lows of 250fps up to 280fps. Rarely it got above 280fps. A couple shots in the 290fps range.

Have tried different paints, barrel matches, and the usual things for velocity with little success. I did change the lpr setting to the recommended setting. When I got it the screw was flush. It was having similar issues before changing the lpr.

Always been a DM guy but have switched to the Ego. Not loving it yet. With some help maybe I will learn. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

D
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 AM #975
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessTMF View Post
Bill, the delrin seal is in perfect condition. Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the help.
You need to take the frame off and gas it up. Pin point exactly where the leak is coming from on your EGO11.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 AM #976
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Recently picked up an Ego 11, Zack Y's gat. Seem to be having issues with velocity. It is all over the place. As an example this past weekend it had lows of 250fps up to 280fps. Rarely it got above 280fps. A couple shots in the 290fps range.

Have tried different paints, barrel matches, and the usual things for velocity with little success. I did change the lpr setting to the recommended setting. When I got it the screw was flush. It was having similar issues before changing the lpr.

Always been a DM guy but have switched to the Ego. Not loving it yet. With some help maybe I will learn. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

D
I would start with a new brand name battery regardless of the battery meter.
Then to a complete breakdown/cleaning/o-ring swap.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM #977
adarand555

quick question on a sl74 hurricane edition ego is there usually a serial number located on the outside of the gun ? is it in the same spot a ego 07 serial number usually is under the ram tube cap in the rear above the grip ? where are all the serial numbers located on the inside and outside the gun . i am thinking of buying one off some one on pbnation and just want to make sure it isn't stolen and also run the serial number thru the planet eclipse data base and see what that comes back looking like . thanks

Last edited by adarand555 : 08-22-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM #978
Dburke299

Dburke299 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dburke299 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dburke299 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Change battery and rammer orings.
Thanks Bill, that was what it needed!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:11 AM #979
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarand555 View Post
quick question on a sl74 hurricane edition ego is there usually a serial number located on the outside of the gun ? is it in the same spot a ego 07 serial number usually is under the ram tube cap in the rear above the grip ? where are all the serial numbers located on the inside and outside the gun . i am thinking of buying one off some one on pbnation and just want to make sure it isn't stolen and also run the serial number thru the planet eclipse data base and see what that comes back looking like . thanks
If the numbers arent under the rammer cap they may be next to the feed neck.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM #980
adarand555

where would all the serial numbers be located on the outside of a hurricane sl74 edition ego ? this kid has one for sale on the nation and says " i looked all over the outside of the gun and can't find a serial number " . is that a red flag that the gun is probabley stolen or what ? i mean its not rocket science right there should clearly be a serial number somewhere milled onto the gun body right ?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM #981
mnmjski
Coach

mnmjski is playing at Living Legends VI
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mnmjski supports Team VICIOUS
mnmjski supports Empire
A little help here...

Bill-
So I finally got my first Ego and its an 08 and used. Aired it up...ball flopped out about 2 feet. Replaced battery with a new generic battery, took it apart for basic cleaning and air'd it up. Ball flopped out about 2 feet. Started reading threads and first set back to factory settings...same thing happened. Read not to turn asa screw all the way in...ball shot about 10 feet.

Just seems air isn't rushing through the marker.

Any ideas?

Nothing but the best.

Throw a ball in my wheelhouse, I hit a bomb.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM #982
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarand555 View Post
where would all the serial numbers be located on the outside of a hurricane sl74 edition ego ? this kid has one for sale on the nation and says " i looked all over the outside of the gun and can't find a serial number " . is that a red flag that the gun is probabley stolen or what ? i mean its not rocket science right there should clearly be a serial number somewhere milled onto the gun body right ?
If the numbers arent under the rammer cap they may be next to the feed neck.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM #983
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hi Bill.
What type of glue / adhesive can i use on the ego 09 membrane pad ? i don´t need a new one, just cleaned the old one and rinse off all the old adhesive.

thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM #984
doeby

doeby has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have an EGO 5 and the solenoid clicks and I hear a puff but the bolt does not cycle. The solenoid shows no sign of wear or damage. No leaks anywhere in the gun. Any ideas what is wrong? I've tried adjusting the regulator intake but it did nothing. I haven't tried adjusting the LPR at all. I tried turning the dwell up but nothing happened either.

Mega Sale, good prices on guns, masks, pads, parts, and more!

Tech PB Feedback (same user name): +4/0/0

Total Feeback: 14/0/0
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM #985
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bill besides the mebrane pad adhesive, what can i use for the barrel jewel, i need to stick it back
Thanks
Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM #986
caboose117
killer instinct clothing

caboose117 helped look for balloons
caboose117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caboose117 plays in the APPA beginner division
caboose117 supports DLX Technology
i have a semi new Ego 11, and im kinda new to ego tuning
im pretty good at working on them but not so much making them tuned well

what are the best settings for these guns for best performance?
mine seems to be going through air like its the newest thing since sliced bread

my apologize if this has been asked a billion times before, i didnt have much luck finding anything
Old 08-26-2012, 07:39 AM #987
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank View Post
Hi Bill.
What type of glue / adhesive can i use on the ego 09 membrane pad ? i don´t need a new one, just cleaned the old one and rinse off all the old adhesive.

thanks
The factory adhesive is commercial double sided tape but if you use a VERY small drop of superglue, it should work.