Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 AM #1
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Althaus68 donated to help Peyton Trent
Althaus68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Althaus68 supports our troops
Althaus68 supports Ninja Paintball
Official: Pitbull Thread v.1

Welcome to the PbNation Pitbull Thread!, This thread is to help raise awareness for the bully breed. Show off your Bully, talk about them, and even find out more information on the bully breed. WARNING: We do not allow any type of negativity towards the breed, if you don't have something nice to say, DON'T SAY IT. violators will be reported

To Become a member of the thread, POST! join in on the bully fun! , post an image of your bully and send me a pm letting me know you would like to join! PbN-Pit Elite are for the PbN members who show they really know this breed and are set out to help! Any member who don't post after a period of time will be removed from the member list.

Founded By:
Althaus68 [Zoey-Roo](Andy)

PbN-Pit Elite:
Kellster [Buttons]()
pbFreAK42069 [Blitz](Dan)
SpyderPB819 [Bubba & Forrest]()
Slacker04 [Sasha]()

Members:
aRizzy [Tico & Rico]()
BananaJacksonthe 3rd []()
bcusitsjeff [Koda & Kovu] ()
Chrisiscool79 [Bones]()
Dk-79 [Bell]()
FromTheBack [Boo]()
JordanJP
MN_Rising []()
shooteronyour6 [Beau & Jaida] (Stephen)
The_Leech [Luca](Dan)
trixykyd [Mojo](Trevor)
tvrsir []()
xxtheshockerxx [Bella] ()

Hello Bully
Bless The Bullys
What-A-Pittie
Bruised Not Broken
Villalobos Rescue Center in CA
Minnesota Pitbull Rescue
Save-A-Bull Rescue

Famous Pitbull's

Little Rascal's Dog

Fun Facts

* Helen Keller had a pit bull as a family pet.
* Dakota is a pit bull search and rescue who searched for the remains of the astronauts who lost their lives in explosion of the space shuttle Columbia.
* Popsicle, who received his name after police found him in a freezer during a drug raid, is famous for sniffing out drugs for the DEA.
* A pit bull rescued in South Los Angeles by County Fire Station 14 during 1985 was the station's mascot for years.

Last edited by Althaus68 : 06-25-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 AM #2
BananaJacksonthe 3rd
Das Air Cooled.

BananaJacksonthe 3rd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
question about pitbulls, as pups how are they towards other small breeds of dog and other animals? I thought about adopting one, but with the current animals I have, I would prefer to train one to be docile with the other members of the family, instead of just hoping he is. Can you give me any advice also when looking at pups? What to avoid and what to look for?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 AM #3
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaJacksonthe 3rd View Post
question about pitbulls, as pups how are they towards other small breeds of dog and other animals? I thought about adopting one, but with the current animals I have, I would prefer to train one to be docile with the other members of the family, instead of just hoping he is. Can you give me any advice also when looking at pups? What to avoid and what to look for?
Thank you SOO much for asking!
I adopted Zoey roo when she was only 14 weeks old. She was from a litter of dogs who were born to be fighting dogs.. so it was in her blood if you will. At my house, we have one cat, a 3 year old. and a new born.. The reason why dog fighters use this breed to fight is because they are one of the most loyal dogs you will find. They will go out of their way to make their owner happy. Its all about how you train them! Zoey is now 2 years old. and is THE best dog in town. will walk without a leash, won't even bark at the doorbell/knock.
So really as long as they are around the other small animals at an early stage they will be okay, at first they will want to play, they are puppies, and don't really know their boundaries. so like any dog you would get, you will have to let them know whats okay and whats not okay.
for example, when zoey was one, she would chase my littlest one around when he would start crawling. Zoey just thought he was playing. never snapped or anything but would just jump around him try to get him to play. so I jumped right away at that. made sure zoey knew that baby was boss of her. I would make her lay in front of the baby. would not let her get into his toys etc. (dog whisper is an amazing example as well)

Really the only things to look for is where you get them from, i do not recommend breeders.. i would try to research your local pitbull rescue group, let them know what your looking for and also check your local shelters.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 AM #4
BananaJacksonthe 3rd
Das Air Cooled.

alright perfect, the one breeder who is a friend of the family was who I was going to work with, just because all of hers have the show dog temperament of calm and non aggressive, but I will go with a rescue first and see how that goes, my small breed animal is a ferret so thats why I ask. I feel in love with the pit breed thanks in part to the dog at work. At night he is the guard dog and during the day, he is the sweetest ever, loves his pets, a small snack and sleeping at my feet while I work. The back story with him is he was a fighting dog(you can tell by his many scars) who got out of his Original owners place and wandered onto my works doorstep looking for employment(lol) he is calm and never aggressive so I feel that even a fighting dog can still have a calm and loving nature when he receives that care. Thanks for your reply and I will definitely keep in touch with this thread to let you know how my rescue turns out!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 AM #5
Desperado_Ghost
Started playing in 1998

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Nice thread Alt. Please educate people that American Pit-Bull Terriers are not bad dogs, there are just bad people owning them.

I fostered a very loving Pit back in 07 when I was part of the local humane society. She has since found a good home.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 AM #6
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Quote:
so I feel that even a fighting dog can still have a calm and loving nature when he receives that care. Thanks for your reply and I will definitely keep in touch with this thread to let you know how my rescue turns out!
Fighting dogs can be extremely calm!, When i got zoey she had two other bully's there. as well as 7 other dogs and 8 cats, oh, and two mini horses. but the other two were used in fighting, one was a female use for bate who only had 3 legs due to her having to have an amputation because of the wounds.

and please do! post up pictures and if you have any other questions please ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado_Ghost View Post
Nice thread Alt. Please educate people that American Pit-Bull Terriers are not bad dogs, there are just bad people owning them.

I fostered a very loving Pit back in 07 when I was part of the local humane society. She has since found a good home.
thank you very much!, I Hope you and many others stick around to this and help out! I could use all the help I could get
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 AM #7
BananaJacksonthe 3rd
Das Air Cooled.

I will do, just gotta make sure I find the right one and cant wait, going to look through a rescue agency first.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM #8
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

has been a member for 10 years
The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The_Leech supports Empire
Thank's so much for making this thread Althaus68! There are so many misconceptions about these dogs, and its so good to share the love of these breed.

This my pitbull, Luca.

He enjoys endless cuddling, eating a raw diet and gnawing on reindeer antlers. He also lets me dress him up when it's too cold out for him. ^_^

Chicago Heretics in my Blood for as long as I live. The dream will live on again, maybe, someday.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM #9
~Proto~
Jan 2k6'r

~Proto~ plays in the USPL
~Proto~ helped look for balloons
~Proto~ plays in the APPA D5 division
My best friend had a pitbull growing up
Put down about 6 months ago but it was one of the best dogs ive ever met, loved to sleep with me
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM #10
the_silly_taco
i wrestle bears at night

the_silly_taco is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i love pits to death and plan on getting one as a friend for my shepherd sometime soon. i spent alot of time voluntering at a pit shelter and work at a dog daycare so ive got a crap load of pics, ill see if i have any good ones to add.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM #11
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
One time I was hiking backcountry snowboarding. Got to the top, sat down, then WTF it's a pitbull circling me like a shark while I whip my backpack off to defend myself. Owner comes walking over like I'm not about to get owned saying sorry this has never happened before. True story.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 PM #12
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silly_taco View Post
i love pits to death and plan on getting one as a friend for my shepherd sometime soon. i spent alot of time voluntering at a pit shelter and work at a dog daycare so ive got a crap load of pics, ill see if i have any good ones to add.
Voluntering is such a great thing to do, but very very hard. Specially when you get attached and then BOOM!, their gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Proto~ View Post
My best friend had a pitbull growing up
Put down about 6 months ago but it was one of the best dogs ive ever met, loved to sleep with me
Zoey is the best dog I have ever had as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMetal View Post
One time I was hiking backcountry snowboarding. Got to the top, sat down, then WTF it's a pitbull circling me like a shark while I whip my backpack off to defend myself. Owner comes walking over like I'm not about to get owned saying sorry this has never happened before. True story.
very random and pointless... lol
Old 01-25-2011, 03:45 PM #13
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Yeah. It was random at the time too. Are all pitbulls high energy? I have a friend that had one and it was super high energy
Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 PM #14
General_Patton (Banned)

I got my dog from a shelter. He's pit/german shepard.
Best dog I've had. He's protective but not overly aggressive. He's pretty stout too, pushing about 95 pounds now.

AKMetal: Most of them are pretty hyper for a while. Mine is about 5 now and chilled out a little.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM #15
the_silly_taco
i wrestle bears at night

the_silly_taco is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althaus68 View Post
Voluntering is such a great thing to do, but very very hard. Specially when you get attached and then BOOM!, their gone
ya we had a couple really good trainers that worked exclusively with the fight dogs and the ones with serious anxeity problems.

found some pics

this is my friends three legged pit playing with my shepherd where i work.

this is his other pit bomber

this is one of the regulars that comes in with his brother whose a boxer.

i dont have any other pics on my comp but ill post more as i find them and frequent in here as much as possible.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:02 PM #16
BananaJacksonthe 3rd
Das Air Cooled.

Im sorry but still it brings negativity to the thread, You should maybe retract that post as no matter whose fault it was or is, it still brings bad light to the Pit bulls.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM #17
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Quote:
Im sorry but still it brings negativity to the thread, You should maybe retract that post as no matter whose fault it was or is, it still brings bad light to the Pit bulls.
Thank you Banana!'i will be putting you as a member on the thread!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 PM #18
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Silly taco.
I LOVE those pictures. you really know the breed!
Don't you love the feeling you get when you know you helped save a life when taking care of these dogs
Old 01-25-2011, 06:26 PM #19
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Mine:

Last edited by Kellster : 01-25-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 PM #20
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not my dog, but here's a picture of Owen, owned by one of the volunteers at the MN Pitbull Rescue I took at the MN Renaissance Festival.

If I didn't have my two hounds and didn't live in a non bully-friendly apartment I would be fostering right now.

Here's a recent local article about the trouble bully supporters are having in our neck of the woods.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...l-stay&h=141ab
Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 PM #21
texaspaintballplpaye

texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
I love Pitbulls. I hate the reputation they are given. I heard someone say, "They are the most vicious dog, strongest jaw force, and are more prone to attacking than any other dog" in response to an ad on campus to adopt a rescued Pit. I facepalmed and told the person you shouldn't believe what people tell you, and you're dead wrong about all of those.

If I wasn't so in love with my boxer, I would probably own a Pitbull.