Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2004, 05:15 PM #1
Huey69

Walkthrough on how to Lube Shocker Bolt kit(with pics)

I have written and taken pictures on how to lube a Stock shocker bolt kit.

Materials: Towel/rag, 3/16" allen wrench, lubricant(dow 33, slick honey, etc.), Wooden dowel/spoon, and paper towels.

Step 1: Place down a towel or rag where you will be lubing your bolt kit. Get all necessary materials BEFORE starting, it will make things much easier.

Step 2: Using 3/16" allen wrench, remove the bolt guide, wipe off old lube.

Step 3: Remove barrel if you havnt. Now use the bolt guide pointed end to push out the bolt and bolt sleeve. Gently push on the bolt guide against bolt, if you push too hard you can slip and injure yourself. Wipe off old lube and set bolt, guide, and sleeve aside.

Step 4: Now using your wooden dowel/spoon, push out the firing chamber. The best way to do this is to put the dowel/spoon through the front of the gun and angle it. Push gently as to not damage the orings on the shocker symbol cut out in the body. Clean off old lube on firing chamber and clean out the inards of the chamber(paint,lube, and dirt can build up in here)

Step 5: Now to re-lube. Start with the Bolt guide, lube all the orings, it does not matter how much you apply.

Step 6: Now to the bolt sleeve, start by lightly lubing the o-ring within. You do not want to put too much on this otherwise it is possible the bolt will stick causing FSDO(first shot drop off). Next lube the outer orings, again does not matter how much lube is applied to these. Stack with flared end on bottom onto bolt guide(standing up so lube isn't rubbed off.)

Step 7: Apply a small amount to bolt oring, if too much is applied this too can cause FSDO or bolt stick. Also apply a thin layer infront and in back of the oring on the bolt. Once done lubing, place into bolt guide and bolt sleeve.

Step 8: Now onto the last piece, apply thin layer of lube onto the two inward orings of the firing chamber. Now apply as much as you'd like to the outer orings. After lubing, place with the one oring side down, onto bolt, guide, and sleeve.

Step 9: Making sure the the 2 oring side of the firing chamber is in front, gently push and wobble bolt kit assembly into the body. Careful and make sure you dont break the firing chamber orings on the cutout of the body, and last, screw in the bolt guide as tight as you can, be careful not to cross-thread the guide and body.

Step 10: Go Mow some muppets

EDIT: Yes....i know my spoon is bent....Why...i dont know. Deal with it.

Last edited by Huey69 : 10-27-2004 at 07:15 PM.
Huey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2004, 10:02 PM #2
Huey69

Walkthrough on Lubing Shocker Vert maxflow Regulator

Heres the much awaited Vert Maxflow Regulator Lubing walkthrough.

Materials: 3/16" Allen wrench, 3/8"(I believe) Allen Wrench, 3/32" Allen Wrench, Paper Towels,

Rag/towel, Q-tips, and Most important, a Lubricant(Suggested Dow 33, you can use what you like

though).

Step 1: Get all materials together in one section. Place Rag/towel down. Unscrew the regulator from

the gun and place on Rag/towel.

Step 2: Remove the lower grub(set) screw using your 3/32" allen wrench.. Place this in a safe spot.

Step 3: Unscrew the pressure adjuster(lower section) with a 3/16" allen wrench.

Step 4: Remove the lower internals of the regulator. Included in this are the adjuster, spring,

piston seat and the piston. To get the piston out, lightly tap the reg on your towel(do this on

carpet or something similiar so you dont damage the bottom of the reg.).

Step 5: Wipe of lube and set aside. Now, remove the top Grub(set) screw and again, place in a safe

spot.

Step 6: Now, using your 3/8" allen wrench, place it in the top portion of the reg, and turn. Remove

top portion and clean off lube. Place aside.

Step 7: Using a q-tip clean out the inside of the regulator. Be careful not to leave any hairs from

the q-tip within the reg.

Step 8: Apply fresh lube to the orings on the top portion of the reg. A moderate amount is good.

Place back inside reg(dont forget the small silver piece and spring) and screw back on.

Step 9: Replace(put back in) the top grub screw, and tighten.

Step 10: Now, lube the piston oring moderatly and place ontop of Piston seat, Spring, and Pressure

adjuster. Make sure the side with the hole in the middle(small hole) is ontop. Place all 4 pieces

back in and put the grub screw in. Tighten, but not too tight for you do not want to bend or damage

the pressure adjuster. If you'd like, after adjusting your pressure you can tighten so it doesnt

unscrew/screw in any.

Step 11: Place Back on Gun.

Step 12: Mow some muppets.

P.s If a mod wants to combine my two threads....that will be ok..
Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 PM #3
Huey69

Walkthrough on how to lube Shocker Solenoid(with pics)

Thats right! Here it is finally!! (sorry for the blurry pics...)
Alright,this is my last(i think) walkthrough. In this walkthrough i will go over how to lube the solenoid! This should be done every 6 months or so.
Supplies needed: 1/8" allen wrench,3/16" allen wrench #0 philips head screwdriver, Dow 33, Pliers(may not be needed), Paper towel, and towels.
Step 1: Get all supplies together.

Step 2: Take off your grips, take out your battery, and unconnect the wiring harness. Next unscrew the two frame screws with your 1/8" allen wrench.

Step 3: Once your grip frame is off and set aside, remove your ASA with your 3/16" allen wrench (not necessary..but makes it easier). Now you will see two small screw heads, remove these.

Step 4: You will now be able to see the tip of the piston within the solenoid, if you have needle nose pliers try to remove it. If you are able to remove it skip to step . If you were not able to remove it see next step.

Step 5: Turn the gun around, you will see two more small screw heads. Remove these(they are long, and have multiple threaded stages).

Step 6: Now Remove the back two sections of the solenoid(one part is connected to the board, the other is totally independent). You may have to unscrew on of the allen screws to get the board out.

Step 7: You will now see the other end of the piston. Push it out towards the front of the gun(the way you would have pulled it out).

Step 8: Clean off the piston orings with a rag or towel(preferable a towel). Now lightly lube each oring, I'd say to just use Dow on the orings instead of slick honey, etc.

Step 9: Reassamble everything. Start by putting the piston back into the solenoid(flat side in first.) Now put the other two parts of the solenoid back on(the middle piece pointing with the grey button towards the solenoid board). Next replace the long back screws in the back of the solenoid. Then the front screws(shorter ones).*There is a molded tab on the black piece. Make sure that is pointing towards the airflow(towards gun) of the solenoid* Now put the frame back on, etc.
The end.
oh...almost forgot...
Step 10: Go mow some muppets

Last edited by Huey69 : 01-19-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:51 PM #4
ClevelandBaller2
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
sick thread man
ClevelandBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 06:11 PM #5
Mxracer_51

Dude your the best, and i am so glad its sticked
Mxracer_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 AM #6
y0uMiSsEd

y0uMiSsEd is an NCPA player
y0uMiSsEd plays in the APPA beginner division
Nice
y0uMiSsEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:28 PM #7
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
In this picture, doesn't the bolt ride on the two left o-rings? If so, couldn't too much help cause FSDO as well?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:58 PM #8
Huey69

I don't believe so, atleast i havn't experienced any problems from those two orings.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 AM #9
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
But they are moving o-rings (the bolt does move on them), correct?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:24 AM #10
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
nice

jackassguy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:11 AM #11
NUB247

hey Huey69, the part that you show is still on the gun when you are lubing the solenoid. Weeeelll that came off the gun when i did it and there is a small o-ring that can be placed on the gun in three different holes. And i need to know what hole it goes in because when put my gun back together and air up my gun it leeks from that area. So any help would be apperciated
NUB247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:42 PM #12
D:< @ DYNASTY
so pitted.

D:< @ DYNASTY posts videos on PbNation
www.imageshack.us

ur pics are down

01' Billy Wing Ironmen + 02' Mark Knop Avalanche jerseys.
2004 Prototype JT Team pants.
Rare flex parts - Celtic, Black Techno + more.
Shocker, Intimidator, 98 Custom.

"there is a property in the horizon which no man has but he whose eye can integrate all the parts"
D:< @ DYNASTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:04 PM #13
ronin121 (Banned)

ahhhhh no pics?!?!
ronin121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:01 PM #14
Huey69

They should be back up soon...just be patient!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:32 AM #15
malis

yes thanks man for the instructions because i got the he bolt by smart parts and as soon as i put it in and shot it leaked and now i know what to do it leaked because of the maxflow thanks again

how do i post pics??

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-28-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Double post
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:37 AM #16
JNikL_04
R.I.P. Towlie.

JNikL_04 is a Supporting Member
JNikL_04 supports Team VICIOUS
JNikL_04 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
there is only one grub screw on my maxflo
JNikL_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:35 PM #17
Huey69

Then dont worry about the second one. They got rid of it with newer shockers.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:50 PM #18
blueballer23

Awesome thread, now even retards such as myself can clean and lube their shocker!
blueballer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:39 PM #19
mASSive~b

i cant get the top part out of my maxxy..
mASSive~b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:46 PM #20
Huey69

1. Did you take out the set screw?
2. Are you using the correct size allen wrench?
Old 03-11-2005, 09:52 PM #21
mASSive~b

yes and yes
mASSive~b is offline   Reply With Quote