PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM #1
krlafont

krlafont owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
krlafont has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Geo 3 vs Geo 2.1

I am on the fence about buying a Geo 3 or a used 2.1... I currently own an ETEK3 so either of these will be a step up. It seems that I can buy a used 2.1 for about 700 or so on EBAY, but the Geo3 is hard to find below 1350.

My Question is... Is the Geo3 worth the extra money? Anyone own the 2.1 (and 3) that might be able to tell me how much better the new one is? If it feels that much better, i will just pony up!!!
krlafont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM #2
IVIonster
Sucks to Suck.

plays in the NXL
IVIonster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IVIonster supports Team VICIOUS
IVIonster supports Pev's Paintball
IVIonster supports DLX Technology
geo 2.1 ! buy mine
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM #3
krlafont

Well that doesn't make me feel any better about my choice!! You're gun is sweet though, but I am looking for more of woods ball color.. black, green, something like that.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 PM #4
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The 3 is a huge step up from the 2.1. I have played competitively with both and the 3 is much more efficient so if you like woodsball that will be important. It is smoother on a very noticeable level, more ergonomic. The geo 3 is the most natural feeling gun ive ever had the privilege of shooting. I liked the geo 2, but i love the geo 3.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM #5
krlafont

Thanks for the feedback Cato!! Its very helpful to hear the thoughts of people who have played with both!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 PM #6
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If your into woodsball then the geo 3 is very good. I was worried when I came from my ego 11 that the efficiency would suffer but I was mistaken. I love it. The swamp colour is brilliant for woodsball by the way :-)
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 PM #7
krlafont

I like the swamp color too... maybe midnight... kinda wish they did the HDE.... Here is the sad part, I use an Etek3 (which is by far the best gun I have even owned) it feels fast, light and reliable, but I have to say, I do not think it is the most accurate. The last time I played, I pulled out my 68 automag and felt so much more confident on my first shot.. This should not be the case!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM #8
ion_phantom
#mynameisbubbaa

plays in the NXL
ion_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:22 PM #9
krlafont

Ok, so far everyone has said the Geo3 is the cats azz... is it really worth another 600??
Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 PM #10
CleanSweep
Venom of SOVA

CleanSweep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CleanSweep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy2475 View Post
If your into woodsball then the geo 3 is very good. I was worried when I came from my ego 11 that the efficiency would suffer but I was mistaken. I love it. The swamp colour is brilliant for woodsball by the way :-)
Same experience, totally agree.
CleanSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 AM #11
Leon0628

Leon0628 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Leon0628 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Leon0628 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Leon0628 supports Team VICIOUS
Leon0628 supports Team VICIOUS
So maybe this would help I have never really liked the geos series of gun was never a fan did not like they way they shot. Now I own a geo 3 I think its worth it. The gun shoots really smooth and is efficieunt. Plus with the new bolt speed adjustment u can change it to ur liking.
Leon0628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 AM #12
jonpetrucci

just to let you know, the accuracy of a gun is due to a few things, but the biggest aspect of it is the bore size of the barrel and the paintballs. the gun you shoot has minimal effect on the accuracy. I would suggest either keeping your Etek and getting a barrel kit, or getting a 2.1 and getting a deadly winds barrel for it, with the freak insert kit. or just get a freak barrel/kit for it. I've shot 2.1's and 3's. the 3 does feel a little nicer and is more efficient. but I can get a hopper and 5+ pods off a 68/45. in my opinion if you have the money and want to spend it go with the 3, but if you don't really want to spend it I'd just go with a 2 or 2.1. or get a luxe 2.0 instead of a geo3 if you want something smoother! guns are guns are guns is what it really comes down to. I suggest test shooting a few before you go out and buying them! see what you like and go from there. it's personal prefference
jonpetrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM #13
krlafont

Well, I have already decided that I want either the Geo2.1 or the Geo3. I do understand that a gun is a gun, but for some reason I just don't like a gun with think body frame (such as Etek or EGO)... best way I can describe it, I was an Automag fan, not an Autocoker fan (for those who remember playing in the 90's)

I guess what I have been looking for is feedback saying that there is a noticeable difference between the two guns. I would hate to spend 600 extra dollars on a gun that people say is the same (gun).. Lets face it, if I buy a 2013 Honda pilot, I am buying the same car as the 2012 model..

As for the $$$, I would hate to spend the extra money if there were no difference between the guns, but If I don’t spend it, MY WIFE WILL!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM #14
jonpetrucci

it's all personal preference. whatever you feel more comfortable with. do you have a paintball store nearby? I recommend telling them your situation and trying out their guns. seeing what is more comfortable and what you prefer
jonpetrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM #15
krlafont

yes, but lets just say that you do not seem to get both sides of the story when they have a shelf of new Geo3 vs me buying a 2.1 on ebay..
Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM #16
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
just me feeback on the 2.1 & 3. As far as efficiency between the 2, it's debatable. My 2.1 gets over 1300 shots on a 68/45 (just did it this weekend) which is better or equal to most geo3. I do like the membrane pad and the grip liner on the 3 better. The 2.1 buttons are stiffer than the 3. Shooting wise and weight wise, they are the same to me. Everything else as you know are pretty much the same as far as the reg, asa... The major difference is the adjustable solenoid but is it worth the +$600 for it to you?

BTW, the venting takes a little getting use to if you don't wear full finger gloves like me and coming from owning DMs.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi

Last edited by dirtraven : 11-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM #17
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
just me feeback on the 2.1 & 3. As far as efficiency between the 2, it's debatable. My 2.1 gets over 1300 shots on a 68/45 (just did it this weekend) which is better or equal to most geo3. I do like the membrane pad and the grip liner on the 3 better. The 2.1 buttons are stiffer than the 3. Shooting wise and weight wise, they are the same to me. Everything else as you know are pretty much the same as far as the reg, asa... The major difference is the adjustable solenoid but is it worth the +$600 for it to you?

BTW, the venting takes a little getting use to if you don't wear full finger gloves like me and coming from owning DMs.
1300? I'm finding that a bit hard to believe. Thats basically adding about 5-6 more pods on what the common 2.1 was getting out of the box.
But if you are getting that off what I assume would have to be one hell of a broken in and tuned 2.1 then imagine what a similarly broken in and tune Geo 3 would get.

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM #18
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
As you can see from my profile pic, I am also a former mag guy. I found the Geo 3 to be the most natural gun for me. Also on a side note, if you don't like the thickness of the Ego & Etek frames, you won't like the thickness of the Geo's who utilize the same frame thickness.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM #19
dirtraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
1300? I'm finding that a bit hard to believe. Thats basically adding about 5-6 more pods on what the common 2.1 was getting out of the box.
But if you are getting that off what I assume would have to be one hell of a broken in and tuned 2.1 then imagine what a similarly broken in and tune Geo 3 would get.
True 1330 shots to be exact and I had 3 guys with me, 2 refs and field manager witness it (you might know Oscar from All-Star PB since your a 718-er) using the shot counter even they were impressed and shocked. My 2.1 has over 40 cases through it so it's pretty broken in. I was just doing it to see how far I could go without a fill since I usually refill after each game if the station is close enough.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi

Last edited by dirtraven : 11-19-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM #20
krlafont

When I said how think the gun is, I meant the height of the body.. (from Trigger frame to the top of the gun) Never liked it on the old autocockers and I do not like on the Etek or Ego's either.. Lets face it, the Etek and Ego are glorified (electronic) autocockers

impressive efficiency.. I got a solid pod 1/2 out of my automag
Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 AM #21
dirtraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlafont View Post
When I said how think the gun is, I meant the height of the body.. (from Trigger frame to the top of the gun) Never liked it on the old autocockers and I do not like on the Etek or Ego's either.. Lets face it, the Etek and Ego are glorified (electronic) autocockers

impressive efficiency.. I got a solid pod 1/2 out of my automag
Automags were crazy gas hogs. Owned the orginal, Mini, and the RT (got popeye forearms from using the RT!)

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi