PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM #1
ZfrkS62
Christmas Tree

has been a member for 10 years
Western Washington MINI owners?

Anyone in the Renton to Everett area own an Invert Mini they would be willing to let me and/or a coworker shoot?

My coworker is talking about getting back into paintball and is thinking about the MINI and I'm pondering ditching my Rodeo for one; but the problem is, Splat Attack in Kent is the only place that is getting them and by the time i make it down there, it's gone.

We would like to be able to shoot the marker so that we know how it feels before we start dropping bills for it. Everything we've heard about it is that it's the best thing since tits but we'd like to try it first. I can bring my own air and paint. Please PM me if this is a possibility.
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 PM #2
Sy0niXx
YAY!!!!

dont wast ur time with a mini... get and ion and trick it out.... minis suck... i had one... my ion shoots way nicer then any mini....
Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 PM #3
Nick Alder
Doesnt Care Anymore

Nick Alder is a Supporting Member
2 freinds near me have them.

1 just sold his. he hated it.

i owned one also, i hated it

if your hands are bigger than a infants, you wont like the gun
Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 PM #4
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Dont get a mini, it will give you nothing but problems. You should buy a gen 3 or 4 timmy out of the BST for 300-400, or an etek ego for 300-400. The simplicity of the ram/poppet design is unbeatable and extremely user friendly for people who aren't super familiar with gun tech.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 PM #5
AZpaintballBackman

AZpaintballBackman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
epiphany with pillow bolt, would be your best choice, friend has one doesnt break a single ball with the crappiest paint, unlike some guns *cough * mini *cough*
Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 PM #6
thecatspajamas

or you can just get a NXT
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 PM #7
paintballer123321
D-Botch!!!

paintballer123321 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
paintballer123321 is Legendary
paintballer123321 is Boss
i agree.. nxt ftw
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 PM #8
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

DC19 is a Professional paintball player
we have one at DBS, but i feel the same way about it...

-> Indoor Paintball Arena in Everett, WA <-
-> Outdoor Paintball Park in Snohomish, WA <-
-> Paintball ProShop in Everett, WA <-
Old 11-15-2007, 11:00 PM #9
tomstar
pbrack.com

tomstar is a Professional paintball player
I would shoot a mini over any other paintball gun out right now
Tommy Tucker #01
Seattle Uprising
PBRACK CLOTHING

Last edited by tomstar : 11-15-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM #10
ZfrkS62
Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC19 View Post
we have one at DBS, but i feel the same way about it...
he called up there and was told you guys weren't going to get one. If i stop in do you think i could test it out? I need to stop in anyway.

And to the rest of you saying they suck, how about some reasons they suck. You look as foolish as fanboys when they say they like something. No reason = no credibility.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 PM #11
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
They feel awkwardly small to me, but some folks love them. I've seen them work in rather cold weather without issue. Seem like decent little markers to me.

Personally, I prefer buying older highend markers. Older DMs, PMs, shockers, angels and egos can all be had rather cheaply these days, but a couple years ago they were high end. They'll shoot with anything out today and for a lot less money. Something to consider anyway.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 PM #12
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

DC19 is a Professional paintball player
We got it in today. Don decided to get one. Unfortunately we don't allow people to shoot our new guns. We don't have any used mini's in stock or I'd let you.

-> Indoor Paintball Arena in Everett, WA <-
-> Outdoor Paintball Park in Snohomish, WA <-
-> Paintball ProShop in Everett, WA <-
Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 PM #13
ZfrkS62
Christmas Tree

^ that would have been great. He lives in Mill Creek and I'm across the Tresle from you. Do you know if anyone is there on a regular basis with one?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM #14
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62 View Post
And to the rest of you saying they suck, how about some reasons they suck. You look as foolish as fanboys when they say they like something. No reason = no credibility.
They suck because they are unreliable, they break paint, and they are tiny as a mofo. You get what you payed for for 300$ Its the first gun made by a brand new company. Lets see...........hmmm..... get a bob long gun from a guy who has been making guns with the same design for over 5 years selling millions of dollars worth of product and representing some of the best players in the world (ironmen) OR buy an entry level priced (300$) tiny gun, new to the market, totally brand new design, from someone who hasn't ever made a marker before. The foolishness is almost too obvious (then again human stupidity never ceases to amaze).

On second thought, buy one, wtf do I care if you buy a cheap pos....
Mini FTW!

Last edited by Sir Dies-Alot : 11-16-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 AM #15
paintballpunk23
Alkaline Trio

is playing at Living Legends XI
paintballpunk23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpunk23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstar View Post
I would shoot a mini over any other paintball gun out right now
I wonder why?

That said they can be problematic but if you take care of it and know what you are doing they are amazing. If I wasn't in crap nebraska for school I would let you try mine out.

What I drive-93-300zx/90-Corrado/01-mr-s

Ballin since 94.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:42 AM #16
ZfrkS62
Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dies-Alot View Post
They suck because they are unreliable, they break paint, and they are tiny as a mofo. You get what you payed for for 300$ Its the first gun made by a brand new company. Lets see...........hmmm..... get a bob long gun from a guy who has been making guns with the same design for over 5 years selling millions of dollars worth of product and representing some of the best players in the world (ironmen) OR buy an entry level priced (300$) tiny gun, new to the market, totally brand new design, from someone who hasn't ever made a marker before. The foolishness is almost too obvious (then again human stupidity never ceases to amaze).

On second thought, buy one, wtf do I care if you buy a cheap pos....
Mini FTW!
Why did you even post? obviously you did not actually READ what i wrote. I haven't made up my mind yet nor am I anywhere near ready to buy a new marker. It's pricks like you who keep people from posting. Someone is actually trying to research a marker and find one to get the feel for, and all you can do is put them down. Maybe it hasn't occurred to you that it's size is one of the things we like about it.

The price of a Bob Long marker is incredibly stupid if you're not going to be playing more than 5x a month, which if i'm lucky, i'll get to play once. What does an entry level marker have to do with anything? What good is dropping 1100 on a marker if it's only going to get used 4 times a year? It's like buying a Ferrari to drive it to the store twice a year.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that this site is populated by a bunch of spoiled brats who haven't purchased a damn thing on their own in their entire lives.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM #17
guy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer123321 View Post
i agree.. nxt ftw
as do I, epiphany is good too.

also DBS has a brandnew 2k2 timmy on the wall. i think its like 400, but its super squeaky clean and new.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 AM #18
paintballpunk23
Alkaline Trio

is playing at Living Legends XI
paintballpunk23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpunk23 supports Team VICIOUS
The mini is a good gun, most problems were caused by either first gen poppits and boards which has been fixed or user error.

What I drive-93-300zx/90-Corrado/01-mr-s

Ballin since 94.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 AM #19
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Quote:
Why did you even post? obviously you did not actually READ what i wrote.
As a matter of fact I did. I replied with this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dies-Alot View Post
Dont get a mini, it will give you nothing but problems. You should buy a gen 3 or 4 timmy out of the BST for 300-400, or
an etek ego for 300-400. The simplicity of the ram/poppet design is unbeatable and extremely user friendly for people who aren't super familiar with gun tech.
Merely stating my opinion about the mini, and the fact that guns that most would considered "much nicer" are about the same price used in the BST.

Also, the simple poppet/ram design used by oh so many guns is a very good choice for people who don't know as much about teching guns, OR on the other side of the spectrum someone who doesn't play very often and wants to keep maintanence costs to a minimum (just lube your ram once a month and it will ALWAYS shoot good).

Then you shot your mouth off with this verbal masterpiece:

Quote:
I didnt appreciate being called a foolish fanboy so I responded in a more, how should I say, up front approch.

Quote:
The price of a Bob Long marker is incredibly stupid if you're not going to be playing more than 5x a month, which if i'm lucky, i'll get to play once. What does an entry level marker have to do with anything? What good is dropping 1100 on a marker if it's only going to get used 4 times a year? It's like buying a Ferrari to drive it to the store twice a year.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that this site is populated by a bunch of spoiled brats who haven't purchased a damn thing on their own in their entire lives.
The price of a bob long marker is not incredibly stupid FOR ANYONE anymore, they are cheap if you are willing to buy used! Which is the point I was trying to get across in my first post, and of course you flagrently disregarded it.

And all that bull ****ing **** about this site being populated by a bunch of spoiled brats who havn't purchased a damn thing in their own on their entire lives?? Where do you get off stereotyping 367,017 registered members and segregating them all into one ****ing catagorey?

You sir, are a douche. So go buy a mini! It's not like you care what anyone here has to say anyway, nor did you read anything anyone posted other than what you chose to read.

Last edited by Sir Dies-Alot : 11-16-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 AM #20
H2FORLIFE (Banned)

I had one.. It worked for 1 day. Out of the 3 days I tried using it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 AM #21
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
for the price range and new, buy the Epiphany, helped DBSPaintball.com to first over all D4 PSP, and they are reasonably good guns, i enjoyed shooting them, and when i put back together my Timmy, i am gonna look to trade straight up for an epiphany

BTA