fullofpaint

has been a member for 10 years
It's definitely a nice change! haha
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 AM #23
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

Yes... it's nice for sure.
I remember the first couple years of the sppl. If you were short players... teams would recruit from other teams that had guys free and waiting around. There were teams swapping players all the time to have some good solid 10 man games going on.
That was later stopped since it changed the outcomes of the tourney but it made for some fun stories later that you played for your home team, but helped 2-3 other teams you didn't know win games as well.

Heck I just had a flash back to the 07 sppl and remember a couple rangers games like this....
A team we were playing was short players and we had 15, so we sent over 3 of our players so we can play fair!
Later that tourney we played a team that was short paint, we sent over a couple cases of paint so they can have fun!

Teams would also share gear, the main thing was teams looking for launchers or guys that they can pick up for a game that can run a launcher.

All in all... sppl and now the UWL is more about fun! DON"T GET ME WRONG... your there to play HARD and try to WIN... but at the end, you always find yourself chatting with the team you played going over stories and whatnot.

I miss the woods ball tourney games and miss team like seeing teams like the ones you posting in here. Good guys and teams.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238

Last edited by Dooku : 03-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM #24
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
Yeah, we practice and play as hard as anyone, but I think because there are no prize packages and we are just playing for the love of the game, its more laid back off the field. There aren't as many ego's as in the big time tourneys, either.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM #25
fullofpaint

Sadly looks like we won't be playing after all, can't get enough of a team together. Oh well, maybe we'll do the Pennsylvania one!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:42 AM #26
Whiskeyfoy
PEWPEWPEW

Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Sadly looks like we won't be playing after all, can't get enough of a team together. Oh well, maybe we'll do the Pennsylvania one!
Thats a bummer but it happens to almost every team from time to time. Don't get discouraged though and keep pushing your guys to try to make it out. Hopefully there will be some UWL 5 man action in your area so you can get a little taste of it at least.
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:54 AM #27
Spartan 03
The Heretics

If you can get a few people together, Tom can usually make a throw together team at the event. It hasn't been necessary the last couple seasons like it was at the beginning, but I think it still happens. Might want to check with Tom Cole about the possibility of that.

Play UWL
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 AM #28
fullofpaint

I'll check it out! We have like 7 people locked in, we were down to recruiting Xball players haha
Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 PM #29
lxmott

lxmott owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lxmott supports Team VICIOUS
Good luck!
lxmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM #30
applegoat

applegoat owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
applegoat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Definitely think about giving the TN tourney a chance! Is a great 100acre field with a great staff. They had an sppl back in 2008 and it was awesome. Our team (black karma) will be playing as its our home field. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to reach out. I should be coming up to LL6 if anyone wants to chat in person.
applegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:05 AM #31
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
I'm interested in this as well. I don't really care for the speedball scene or some of their attitudes, at the same time I've met some pretty cool people. But, I like the raw fast pace of speedball, if that makes sense. Seems like this would be a great happy medium.

Where would one begin to find a team to play in this? Sure I could get some guys that will say they'll do it but actually committing to it is another thing.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM #32
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Is NWI NW Indiana? There are some 5-man UWL events coming, the first on April 28 at Badlandz. You could get a few guys together and get a taste for it there. I think the event will draw some regular tourney guys, but usually anyone willing to play in the woods doesn't have a ****ty attitude, so it should be a good event. Otherwise, there may be a couple teams looking to pick up a player for UWL Chicago in the fall, so you may have an opportunity there, too.

Play UWL
Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 AM #33
rexisme

Yes, it is NW Indiana. Thanks for the response. From what I'm reading it sounds like good times.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM #34
applegoat

applegoat owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
applegoat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We are also putting together a facebook page for the TN event so people (or small groups of folks) can get together to put a team in. Will post up a link shortly.
applegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 AM #35
rexisme

That's cool, thanks!