Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-28-2003, 09:05 PM #43
darkman6420

actually they only filed a suit against ICD i think. I don't know why they want to go against national as Gary said in another thread. That would be suicide for Sp if they went against National and the other big companies and most of the big name companies are foreign. ICD is a smaller company and is in the U.S.. And BTW Why does everybody have to bicker about this lawsuit? Why can't we just all be nice and play the game? I love SP because they make good products that work.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2003, 09:32 PM #44
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

has been a member for 10 years
word, they really do

From what I heard SP and National signed something and National is in the clear now.

And whoever said we are a capitalistic society is right. Its their right. If you dont like whats going on then move to China and live with the communists.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:20 PM #45
PMIkid

Ok I like smartpart products, I have a teardrop, but it just the idiot behind the desk, I mean just drop the **** and let us play ball, and if they win that mean the prices will go up on some guns, meaning some kids won't have enough money to play, so they won't, either way I hope they lose, and if they win that means I gotta find a gun under 500(CND) other then the BKO, due to the fact if they lose their prices will go up, they will sell less product, and then go belly up, its crap, just let us play ball
Old 08-29-2003, 10:07 PM #46
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

There are many other guns other then BKOs that are faster, and cheaper.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:26 AM #47
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Mega Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
EvilPopTart is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Autococker > BKO
Old 08-30-2003, 08:35 AM #48
PMIkid

like what a VF cocker is 510. the BKO is 409, and takes less to figure out, thats why i want the BKO
Old 08-30-2003, 09:33 PM #49
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by PMIkid
like what a VF cocker is 510. the BKO is 409, and takes less to figure out, thats why i want the BKO
neg dude.

http://www.armyoforr.com/verticalcocker.html

$399 MSRP. most dealers sell em for like 360 or so.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:39 PM #50
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

I would still want a Cocker. If you didnt know, my AOL name is AUTOCOCKER GOD. I am all about WGP. With a finely timed autococker, and the right maintenance, assuming you have any idea on how a cocker runs, its one of the best guns on the market. Just a pain with the upkeep.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:29 AM #51
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
very true. the problem is more and more kids (not saying in general that kids are stupid, hell I happen to be one) are buying autocockers because they see tournament and field staff members shoot them, and the guns never work because they cant properly take care of their gun.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:48 PM #52
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

Yeah, there really should be a label on cockers that says, if you are an idiot or mechanically retarded, put the gun down... NOW!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:56 PM #53
WARPED1

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman
What they are doing is perfectly legal though. I am not condoning what SP is doing, but they are well within their legal rights to sue ICD. If you would read up on this stuff, you would know that SP talked to many electro manufacturers years ago, i.e. AGD and WDP, about settling so they didnt have to take them to court. The companies laughed in their faces. SP is just looking after what legally belongs to them, and they are going out to get the money. Like I said, I am not condoning them, but Adam and Billy Gardener are business men. Business is exactly what it is. BUSINESS. They are looking out for themselves.
Amen brutha!
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." The custom has evolved that the first party to utter "Hitler" or "Nazi" has lost the discussion, and the thread terminates
Old 09-07-2003, 04:38 PM #54
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

Thanks WARPED1.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:12 PM #55
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally posted by AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
i hate sp as a company but i like their products..hell im shootin an 03 shocker...and oh yes let me remind you guys..they have filed suits against icd,aka,wdp,wgp,gen e, free flow, bob long, national, and kingman...
where is this proof? I have seen NOTHING at ALL besides SP suing ICD. And SP isn't even suing ICD because of this broadened patent. SP is duing ICD because of ICD's new marker in development. It was supposed to compete with Angels, Timmies, Matrices, and the like, but it was infringing some patent put on the SP Nerve. NOT because of the patent that everyone is whining about.

Now, I'm the opposite from most of you. I'm not a fan of most SP products, but I do like the new shocker and their max flo regs. That's about it though. I hate just about anything else they make. As for this patent... pfft. I've seen NOTHING happen AT ALL so far. The ICD is completely different. No prices have gone up, no companies have gone down... Paintball has, in general, stayed the same. Until something happens and there is actual PROOF and not a simple rumor, then I will go against it. SP has even said that they do not intend to sue any companies because of this patent... But knowing SP, I can't trust them.

Basically what I'm saying is that when the time comes in which something actually HAPPENS and is not SAID to have happened, I will start caring. Until then... meh
Old 09-09-2003, 11:08 AM #56
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

MVPaintballer is a Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
"Ok I like smartpart products, I have a teardrop, but it just the idiot behind the desk, I mean just drop the **** and let us play ball."

PMIkid.. I'm sorry, are they sueing you for playing paintball? They want what's theirs, they should sue ICD. If you were in tgheir shoes you would do the same thing, because every humaan is a materialist. If you think you aren't, you are. If I said "I'll give you some money for free, how much do you want" you'd say "How much do you have" Humans need to be materialists to survive, It's normal. The smart parts owners are just materialists that want to live a rich, happy life, as well as their children to come. Drop the **** about the complaining, guns will cost a few dollars more. But the companies being sued should keep them the same... 400 dollars for a board, LCD screen, some wiring, programming, sensor, solenoid and some framing? Solenoid probably costs the most out of all of that at around 30-40 dollars to make (a lot of machining). (Described my e-blade). How about a e-spyder... uhh, 10 bucks per frame? Orracle MSRP is like 1450. I understand they want money, but they'd sell more if the prices were lower to make up for it and then some.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:11 PM #57
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintball you are an idiot. You have no idea what will happen if Smart Parts wins. I can assure all of you that ICD is not screwed monitarily for court payments. I can almost garuntee you that every other company who is going to be affected is throwing money at ICD.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:09 PM #58
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Yeah ICD will be screwed, your right. SP tried talking to them outside of court, they screwed themselves.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:51 PM #59
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
well if think talking means making threats, well yes they did "talk."
Old 09-10-2003, 09:42 AM #60
BigCountry77
ßanned

backto the nerve...hence thepoint of thisthread,any updates as towhen the hell itllbeavailable?

My Feedback
Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 PM #61
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Guys dont listen to the other people trying to give you BS opinions about why the Nerve is late opening. The real reason why Nerve is late is because the Gardners and Smart Parts are too busy sueing the hell out of ICD and other companys right now to actually do real work.

That is all.

^^^ that is the topic of this thread
Old 09-11-2003, 02:32 PM #62
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
exactly. but that is purely my opinion.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:09 AM #63
]TSS[ Dake
Somewhere in the Between

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
...And the Impulse is an exact clone of the bushmaster...
Which is an exact clone of the Defiant.