PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM #190
M_Correa

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I think M_Correa is talking about his G3, not a G4.
Yeap! Mine is a G3...
About the eyes, they are clean and so are the holes. But the LED is still solid green.
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 PM #191
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Correa View Post
Yeap! Mine is a G3...
About the eyes, they are clean and so are the holes. But the LED is still solid green.
Doesn't sound right. Check all of the connection points on the eye wires (at the molex connector and at the bulbs). When you turn on the marker and get the solid green light, is this with it aired up or not? I ask because when not aired up (or if you are having leak issues), the bolt may be forward - blocking the eyes and therefore giving the solid green light.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 PM #192
M_Correa

Quote:
Doesn't sound right. Check all of the connection points on the eye wires (at the molex connector and at the bulbs). When you turn on the marker and get the solid green light, is this with it aired up or not? I ask because when not aired up (or if you are having leak issues), the bolt may be forward - blocking the eyes and therefore giving the solid green light.
I've been testing eyes with no air but the bolt is always far back.
Wires seem good but I will disconnect the plug and look carefully. Even ig I get it right, I'll replace stock eyes for the laser beam eye...
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM #193
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Correa View Post
I've been testing eyes with no air but the bolt is always far back.
Wires seem good but I will disconnect the plug and look carefully. Even ig I get it right, I'll replace stock eyes for the laser beam eye...
Very strange. If the battery you are using is good, it very well may be that your eyes are bad (also assuming the other things mentioned earlier checked out). It is also possible that it is a board issue too but I think the eyes would more likely fail before the board.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-18-2014, 05:27 PM #194
soldier1996

I love my g4
soldier1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM #195
soldier1996

Mommy
soldier1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:26 PM #196
abraham-g4

can i use techt gunsav lube?
abraham-g4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:38 PM #197
BallerT
Planet Eclipse FTW!!

BallerT is a Supporting Member
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
So a friend of mine is working on his G4 as it leaks air in the breach and down the barrel, when he gases it up. It shoots fine and no bolt stick but leaks air down the barrel. Any suggestions other than having him getting his own PBnation account? Lol thanks for any response.

Jack Wood:
"And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less."

My Old Feedback

My New Feedback
BallerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:18 PM #198
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraham-g4 View Post
can i use techt gunsav lube?
A little (OK, a lot) late but....yes, you sure can. TechT GunSav is what I tend to use on all of my DP spool markers.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:25 PM #199
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT View Post
So a friend of mine is working on his G4 as it leaks air in the breach and down the barrel, when he gases it up. It shoots fine and no bolt stick but leaks air down the barrel. Any suggestions other than having him getting his own PBnation account? Lol thanks for any response.
Well, there are a few possibilities but it also depends on his set-up.

Stock bolt?

Is it a constant leak or only when it fires? Little leak or a lot?

It could be the breach o-ring (just behind the feedneck).

Or, the backcap stem o-ring.

Lastly, just to add my smart-aleck remark here......if you take the barrel off, does it still leak "down the barrel?" . Leaks described as such are leaks in the breach.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:39 AM #200
starfighter501

Can some one help me out please?
My G4 is practically brand new with only 3000 rounds being shot through it so far. There are a lot of barrel breaks happening, I'm talking chopping paint every game. It's being fed by a Rotor and perhaps it's feeding too fast it I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
starfighter501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 AM #201
CA_Tectonics

Is the G4 all stock?
Any upgrades like a board? If so, what are your settings (yes, all of them)?
Are they barrel breaks or chops? Chops will have paint all over the bolt and in the breach whereas barrel breaks are only in the barrel.
What paint are you using? Tried a different kind?
Where are you located? Cold weather area? Paint suitable for cold area?
Detents working? Do they retract when you push them in with your finger through the front of the marker?
What's your FPS? Are you shooting too hot (over 300 fps)?
Is it only when rapid firing or also if you take single shots at a time?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:13 PM #202
starfighter501

Quote:
Is the G4 all stock?
Any upgrades like a board? If so, what are your settings (yes, all of them)?
Are they barrel breaks or chops? Chops will have paint all over the bolt and in the breach whereas barrel breaks are only in the barrel.
What paint are you using? Tried a different kind?
Where are you located? Cold weather area? Paint suitable for cold area?
Detents working? Do they retract when you push them in with your finger through the front of the marker?
What's your FPS? Are you shooting too hot (over 300 fps)?
Is it only when rapid firing or also if you take single shots at a time?
The G4 is all stock
Has only shot HK Army Premier (moving away from that, any suggestions for paint in that $40 area?)
Located in South Carolina
Detents seem okay
Shooting 270-280
Seems to be only during rapid fire

I'm using a Dye Rotor, could the loader's feed rate be a factor?
Dual Wield Tiberius Arms T8 Pistols
starfighter501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:08 PM #203
CA_Tectonics

Still could be several things. If you have answers to the rest of my questions, it would help speed things up.

Temperature is important as is paint quality. When you have issues with both, might as well play lasertag because you are in for a.terrible day. If the paint is a poor quality one with a poor shell structure (mis shapened, thin spots, etc) and it is a summer type shell being used on a cold day, the paint WILL break continuously. Cold weather makes the paint shell brittle and if the paint is bad to.start with.....well, you get the idea.

Forcefed loaders (like the Rotor) are able to put enough pressure on the ball stack that it is entirely possible to crack the shells of poor quality paint. The Halo V35 hopper had this issue. If the loader is set up to try and feed at 35 bps but you are shooting at 14bps tops, there is too much stack pressure that is not needed and can lead to trouble.

Were you the only one that had paint breaking that day? Others were able to shoot the same paint just fine? If so,,it is something in the set-up (marker, loader, pod filling, etc). If others were also breaking paint, it may be bad paint.

Since you have a stock G4, there are not a lot of settings that could have been changed that would lead to paint breaking issues. The only obvious one would be if you were using it with the eyes off.

If the paint is very small, this can also lead to breakage because the next ball in the stack can get clipped during a shot. When it loads up for the next shot, it is already damaged and ready to explode when the air pressure hits it.

Some things to do is to be sure your eyes are clean, working, and on (if/when a break happens, clean up before the next game). Try different paint. If possible, try easing up on the ball stack pressure of the loader.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:03 PM #204
Austiin

Austiin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the help! My g4 was having problems and it fixed them
Austiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 PM #205
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austiin View Post
Thanks for the help! My g4 was having problems and it fixed them
Old 04-20-2015, 11:58 PM #206
PlzGodPlz
Entropic

PlzGodPlz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PlzGodPlz supports Ninja Paintball

Last edited by PlzGodPlz : 03-02-2017 at 12:05 PM.
PlzGodPlz is offline   Reply With Quote