Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM #85
the stuntman
Team Lockdown

the stuntman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
The old staff and dirtier regulars who were out there (one guy I won't name, but he was old enough to know what he was doing wrong to little newb kids), are no longer present. The keywords I've using this whole time has been "Used to". The older Jungle had problems, the older Hornets had problems. They seem to be quickly and rapidly fixing that.
Truth.
Any field that has been around as long as PBJ is going to have some good times & some bad times. I have noticed a marked improvement in the quality of the field staff in recent years and it has showed in the quality of play on the field. Things have been looking as good as I have ever seen at the Jungle these days...and I have been playing there for 20+ years.
the stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM #86
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

shdo69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shdo69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by the stuntman View Post
Truth.
Any field that has been around as long as PBJ is going to have some good times & some bad times. I have noticed a marked improvement in the quality of the field staff in recent years and it has showed in the quality of play on the field. Things have been looking as good as I have ever seen at the Jungle these days...and I have been playing there for 20+ years.
Thanks guys. We have been trying to stay on top of thing at the jungle. We all know about its bad rap there and we are trying to make things better for everyone. To tell you the truth even the hornet games aren't the same as they were in the old field. We ( the hornets ) have lost a lot of games since being in the new field. Just this last weekend we lost both days. Hahaha. I have even posted videos on our FB page as well as YouTube of our loss.

my Paintball Jungle YouTube channel
shdo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM #87
Eddy707
sacoutlaws5

Went there last Sunday with my friends we had a great time... The jungle has changed a lot since I started in 05.. The new lay out if the field is great.. The staff is reall cool.. I think sum of the ref tho are not the greats.. I was at the speedball at the end of the day and the ref just seem not to really care about the lil game we had did not even seem like he wanted to be there or sumthing .. They should have more refs like Freddy .. Other then that the beeswax game was fun I was on the hornets side and didn't see any cheats.. They should have a rule tho once your out get off the field cuz there were too many ppl watching the game and ppl getting in the way of fire but other then that me and my friends had a good time .
Eddy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:13 PM #88
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy707 View Post
Went there last Sunday with my friends we had a great time... The jungle has changed a lot since I started in 05.. The new lay out if the field is great.. The staff is reall cool.. I think sum of the ref tho are not the greats.. I was at the speedball at the end of the day and the ref just seem not to really care about the lil game we had did not even seem like he wanted to be there or sumthing .. They should have more refs like Freddy .. Other then that the beeswax game was fun I was on the hornets side and didn't see any cheats.. They should have a rule tho once your out get off the field cuz there were too many ppl watching the game and ppl getting in the way of fire but other then that me and my friends had a good time .
Thanks bro. I think I know who you are talking about in speedball. He is a good guy and he only comes in when we need help. He's not there all the time.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:48 AM #89
AresOphis

AresOphis is playing at Living Legends VI
AresOphis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AresOphis has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AresOphis supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsimich View Post
we have another one that is filling at 4500 psi during the period before the beeswax game, i bet you just assumed that it was only 3000, and before you suggest it is only for hornets it's not, it's for everyone.
So there is a 4500 psi fill station at the Jungle? How do you get to use it? I have a little 45/4500 peanut tank and I was filling every game.
AresOphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 AM #90
AresOphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdo69 View Post
I'm sorry but when you are in the wrong and get shot for it and THEN want to pick a fight? You are not ready to play this sport. That is all I'm saying.
True Dat.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 AM #91
AresOphis

I played at the Jungle for the first time last weekend. My main complaints were logistical. Like not having anyone checking chronos. I've never played on a field that didn't have a ref check everyone's chrono and mark their gun as safe before allowing them to play. I know there were some kids out there shooting hot, I watched them tell each other that it didn't matter while in the target range.
There was one player who was dick, who kept shooting at me after I clearly called myself hit and had my gun over my head. That really pissed me off. He yelled at me to "walk away" while I was trying to get my barrel plug out, and shot at me again. I had been having fun right up till then. It was the last game of the day too, so it really soured the experience for me.
They really need more refs. The day I was there there were only 2, and while they were nice enough guys they really weren't effective as far as refs go. They pretty much just made sure people didn't wander into another field, but they were too far away to call for paint checks or to tell that guy to piss off for being a jerk.
What I was told about the field was it was the best place to play woodsball in NorCal, I believe that is true, and that it is the other players who can make it a bad experience, which is also true.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM #92
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresOphis View Post
I played at the Jungle for the first time last weekend. My main complaints were logistical. Like not having anyone checking chronos. I've never played on a field that didn't have a ref check everyone's chrono and mark their gun as safe before allowing them to play. I know there were some kids out there shooting hot, I watched them tell each other that it didn't matter while in the target range.
There was one player who was dick, who kept shooting at me after I clearly called myself hit and had my gun over my head. That really pissed me off. He yelled at me to "walk away" while I was trying to get my barrel plug out, and shot at me again. I had been having fun right up till then. It was the last game of the day too, so it really soured the experience for me.
They really need more refs. The day I was there there were only 2, and while they were nice enough guys they really weren't effective as far as refs go. They pretty much just made sure people didn't wander into another field, but they were too far away to call for paint checks or to tell that guy to piss off for being a jerk.
What I was told about the field was it was the best place to play woodsball in NorCal, I believe that is true, and that it is the other players who can make it a bad experience, which is also true.
Sorry you got lit up after calling yourself out BUT that happens everywhere you play. I have even seen it happen in the NPPL games where there are a lot of refs. You shouldn't let that one thing mess up you day bro. It happens to a lot of players. I am one of the refs there. I'm not sure when you were there. If it was last weekend ( not Easter weekend ) I had a private group that day and I wasn't on the main field for most of one day and none of the other. Sorry you had a bad time in the last game.
Now on Saturday of that weekend my private group left early and I was on the field for the last two games and I do remember a player back by the hornets nest getting shot while trying to put his barrel bag on. He came up to me and wanted me to tell at the players to stop shooting him. You see the problem with that is if you get shot and you are still standing in the fire fight zone and while trying to put you bag on chances are your going to get shot again. Doesn't matter if your hand is up or not. You in the middle of the fight still. That's why we say to get out of the fight and THEN but your plug in your gun. Not saying if it was you or not but that guy went up to the shack and complained. I told them after I got out of the field what happened and they wanted me to talk to that player and try to explain things to him but I couldn't find him. As I said, it happens to us all at all the fields bro.

Last edited by shdo69 : 04-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups