mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ccm pretty makes cockers still, empire has a cocker, there still here
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM #45
tacxplosion
Will∩$∩t=0

has been a member for 10 years
Can hardly call them a 'cocker if they don't self cock with factory parts, though the empire sniper makes a sexy 'cocker.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 AM #46
rschoi_75

rschoi_75 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
rschoi_75 is attending Decay of Nations VII
^ neither CCM's current offerings or the Empire sniper can be considered autocockers. They are not compatible with standard cocker frontblocks. Thus can not "auto-cock".

CCM used to make mech cockers, but their last one was the Series 5. Everything after that is a pure pump
rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM #47
KaCaBUla

KaCaBUla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
autocockers are the best gun hands down. you know why autocockers are the best gun simple, they made the paintball industry. bob long, PE, dye, shocktech, aka, ccm and many others have made custom cockers. ask those companys about cockers and they'll say if it wasn't for them they wouldn't be around.
KaCaBUla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:31 PM #48
sucka T.

yeah i dont understand why these pumps are selling for so much either

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM #49
Tempted (Banned)

Most of them aren't. You can get 2k+ pumps for less than $100 all day. Karni pumps are high but a Karni pump without its pneus is still only a $275 marker.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 PM #50
rkenders
Northern Colorado

As a permanent cocker owner...

My autocockers ARE real. They have some upgrades on them, but they are still real live pnuematic auto-cocking guns. I can't imagine turning them into pumps!!!

The various pump guns out there are NOT autocockers. If they were, they wouldn't be pump guns. Um... duh!

What makes a cocker so special?
1. They are the real deal. People talk about "tuning" their gun, but effectively that means adjusting their HPR or LPR or maybe replacing a couple of o-rings. A cocker is sooooooo adjustable and tunable.

2. I have owned 10+ guns. Some were spools and others were poppets. An AC can be tuned to be as smooth as top end spools and be nearly as efficient as a G6r. I know this for a fact since I have 2 AC's and a G6r. My G6r gets a case on a full 68/4500 fill and one of my cockers gets about 1900. That's pretty good for OLD/low tech!

3. I love all those moving parts in front of me. Pretty much anything else is all internal and movement is in tiny parts and the action of the gun is mostly hidden. With a cocker except for the poppet valve, you get to see it all.

4. I love the stares I get when people with their electro's get wiped out by a straight up mechanical gun. I love it when they come over after getting gogged and say did you really wipe out half our forces with that cocker. I ask them if they want to try it out and decide if it's not the best gun EVER.

5. I love the questions I get about my cockers. Most people look at one and have no idea what it all does. I like the fact that so many people are afraid of touching them. There is no real mystery to tuning a cocker, but in so many peoples minds, it's almost magic.

Last edited by rkenders : 10-15-2012 at 11:07 PM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:50 AM #51
Tempted (Banned)

An Autococker is simply a pump with an external ram. A real old school mech semi is the Automag. It was never designed on pump parts like the Cocker.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:22 AM #52
Dr.StraightPride

I love the feeling of mech Mags. They had the most wonderfully smooth chuffing sound. That, along with a properly tuned and timed mechanical cocker, preferably with a nice Dye single hinge with hogue palm swell grips...
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 AM #53
Tempted (Banned)

A Mag has a distinct ping to it. Each shot sounds like a BB bouncing off the stainless body. I love it.

A Cocker has four unmistakable sounds every cycle. First, the hammer release with a thud. Then the exhaust from the shot. Third is the ram plunging toward to the player, fourth is it plunging back in place. When you rapid fire that all happens at an incomprehensible speed leaving you with only the one complex blast rather than 4 individual sounds.

I think I like the Cocker's sound signature more than a Mag's, but I enjoy game play more with a Mag.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 AM #54
venarius

I agree, these things are like classic cars... I was the only one rockin an AC last time out. Many didn't know what it was. But the tech at the field bought an old stock right feed cocker was foolin around with it...

Why did they go out of business?

Because they didn't keep up with the [electro] times.

The Autococker was a giant leap into the field of Semi-automatics in the early 1990's... but it was still a modded leap from a pump.

WGP eventually moved on to the Trilogy... but that is just a simplified Auto-Cocker without the adjustability/hassle...

They did this to appeal to younger/more mechanically inept players...

But it was too little too late...

The electro movement solidified leaving mechanical markers behind...

WGP didn't innovate with the times, but relied upon updating an older version of itself relentlessly.

But the fact that I'll take any player out with my "outdated marker" leaves a smirk on my face...

That and I often hear "Your gun sounds like it has a silencer!!!" (low pressure 'Cocker and lack of blow-back gasses and all...)
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)

Last edited by venarius : 10-16-2012 at 02:59 AM.
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 AM #55
Tempted (Banned)

Most of the time if you own and play with a Cocker or Mag, you are that fields "Cocker guy" or "Automag guy". Most of the people at my fields don't know my name, they just call me Automag or pump. I usually play at least one game with a Cocker each day but mostly I use this:

Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM #56
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
i'm the cocker and pump guy at my field. i miss my pump mag... i want another one, but i want a center-fed. the one i had was stock/modified stock, i just wish it had a/t. i'm trying to find my perfect automag so i have something else to shoot when i don't feel like pumping a marker for a game or two in the woods.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
basementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM #57
Dr.StraightPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Most of the time if you own and play with a Cocker or Mag, you are that fields "Cocker guy" or "Automag guy". Most of the people at my fields don't know my name, they just call me Automag or pump. I usually play at least one game with a Cocker each day but mostly I use this:

[IM]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/wvxvxvxvw/Anodizing/PA080070.jpg[/IMG]
I had the exact same Mag but with an SS barrel that weighed around 6.2 tons and a different foregrip. Still had a couple stars on the valve, too.

I miss my strawberry Euro Xmag...

And my old Lotus

Still have my favorite sniper, though. This gun made me worship PPS brass barrels.

I've gotta say that Mags are infinitely easier to take care of. Leaking? Drop some oil down the valve. Did that fix it? I shouldn't even ask because that always fixes it. But timing and tuning a cocker is very intimate, you really spend some quality time with the marker and it becomes a very personal relationship.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:28 PM #58
Tempted (Banned)

Yeah I've also got a few RT classics, a ULE Custom and an RT Pro. I just like playing with that stainless classic. The barrel is a stock Minimag barrel that I ano'd a few weeks ago. Very short, makes people think its very inaccurate.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 PM #59
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Yeah I've also got a few RT classics, a ULE Custom and an RT Pro. I just like playing with that stainless classic. The barrel is a stock Minimag barrel that I ano'd a few weeks ago. Very short, makes people think its very inaccurate.
I love it when people go to the field with their 24" barrels and think they are going to be more accurate than everyone else. They are usually the first to get shot out. My only gripe about short barrels is it's harder to aim with one than a 14".
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM #60
Tempted (Banned)

I don't have any problem aiming, honestly I don't think that there is anything I don't like about shorter barrels. Long ones get in the way, 12" is about as much as I go.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 AM #61
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
12" is about as much as I go.
that's what she said.
i can't use a barrel shorter than 12" on my pumps, i've shot my hand a couple of times... user error...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM #62
Tempted (Banned)

Must be a super long stroke.

This is turning into a thread that every post can have two meanings.....
Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM #63
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Must be a super long stroke.

This is turning into a thread that every post can have two meanings.....
iknowright?