Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM #1
Erok

Anchorage/travel team possible for 2014?

As we all know, the paintball scene in Alaska is super dead right now.. That being said, I'd like to know if there's enough motivated people around to put together some sort of practice team to potentially play any tournaments that pop up in AK this summer and then also potentially travel for some PSP or Canadian league tournaments either this summer or next, or both. Ideally I'd like to be able to assemble at least 5 or 6 guys that could practice at least once or twice during the Monday - Friday work week and then play at 907 or Splatterhouse on weekends.

-Eric
Erok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 AM #2
Aftershocks

Hey Eric, I just shipped up here from the east coast and live on base. I used to play in up state NY a few years back.

Hit me up in a PM and we can get together one of these days. I was just at 907 last weekend and they were pretty busy. I would love to get a team going where we can practice and play competitively.
Aftershocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:19 AM #3
Erok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershocks View Post
Hey Eric, I just shipped up here from the east coast and live on base. I used to play in up state NY a few years back.

Hit me up in a PM and we can get together one of these days. I was just at 907 last weekend and they were pretty busy. I would love to get a team going where we can practice and play competitively.
Hey man, what day were you at 907? I was there Sunday, I wear black Dye jersey and pants and had a red and black G6R. In any case, I went to PM you but you have to post 5 times on PBNation before you can send/receive PM's.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:50 PM #4
Aftershocks

I sent you an add on facebook I looked you up. I also linked up with Michael Moquin who is also on this forum, we have an air show on base this weekend in Alaska so we will probably both go next weekend if you wanted to meet up. He plays competitively and has a ton of exp so I think between the three of us if we are dedicated enough we would have a solid start to a local team.

I personally just got back in to the sport but I run with an empire mini gs and a halo too. My wife also plays but she is just starting out.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 PM #5
Erok

Yeah I know Moquin. And yeah that's definitely a good start to a team, and I'll also definitely be out that weekend as long as it's not terrible out.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:13 PM #6
Aftershocks

I'll go even if the weather is piss. We only have a handful of weekends before they close down. Have you been up to splatter house at all lately? They're closed on sundays now but I'm hoping they keep the indoor field open for the winter. It's a bit of a drive but I wouldn't mind doing a car pool gig and bringing us up there so we could practice.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 PM #7
Erok

Yeah that's true about only so many weekends. My problem too is that I work Saturday and Sunday, but I get off early enough on Sundays that I can still play. That being said, my schedule changes next month and I'll be able to play both days. And no I have never been to Splatterhouse, but I too wouldn't mind going out there.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 PM #8
Aftershocks

I know that feel, I will probably be working a few weekends starting August 8th.

I just got a message back from Splatterhouse and they will still be open throughout the winter. I am pretty sure they have a house team we could practice against as well.

Either way we will figure something out. I don't mind coordinating as I really want to get a committed group together so we can gauge how we play together as a team and eventually start going to tourneys.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:32 AM #9
Erok

Yeah for sure, I've wondered how Splatterhouse's scene is but just never had a chance to make it out there because of my work schedule. In any case, it would definitely be awesome to have enough motivated people to travel some for tourneys as well, since tournaments up here are virtually non-existent these days.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM #10
Klub

Was at the splatterhouse on Saturday, I'm usually there most weekends.

This summer has been spotty. Some weekends we get a ton of great games in, others it is dead. I'll hopefully be running up to anchorage and play at 907 on a sunday, I haven't been there in years.
Klub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:50 PM #11
Erok

Yeah my work schedule changes this month and I'll be getting off earlier on Saturdays so hopefully I'll actually be able to make it out to Splatterhouse. 907 is the same way though, but I can only speak for Sundays this summer - some Sundays alot of good players come out, others it's only a handful. The scene does seem to be coming back some though.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM #12
Klub

I'd personally love to travel around and play some tournaments, but I don't want to cough up the dough
Old 08-12-2014, 05:26 PM #13
Erok

Hey you gotta pay to play in this sport, you know what I mean? As far as sponsorships go though, you gotta start somewhere.. Can't just ask companies to sponsor you on good faith, gotta go and compete in tournaments and prove yourself.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 PM #14
Klub

Haha, i know this. But I'm cheap, hence why I play pump.
ReplyRegional Ups