vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthsmrf
Paying people to play?
"And Richard this would allow you to add Josiah to your roster, but it seems as Facebook that you won't be competing."

Jake knows I would have to pay Josiah, a D3 ranked player, to play on a team with a couple 14 year old boys that are Appa Beginner and he requires them to play rookie as a team. So they split up and are not playing together now.

It is what it is.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM #44
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty#13
So we are now paying players to play in local tournaments... When I started I played against guys playing for around 10 years... How do you expect to get better, or have a snow balls chance in hell in winning, ever. The objective or ultimate goal is yes to win. However, that can never be achieved without getting demolished/ pushed around for awhile. At least that's the story from almost every player back in the day.
Trust me the 2 14 year old boys that he is requiring to play rookie have been smashed by the likes of Virus and Milksteak and several other teams when the boys started playing at the age of 11. I guess the boys and I are are tired of paying others to play.

I have no animosity towards anybody but I do have to protect my interests and my sons interests. As it was said previously players can decide for themselves if they want to play..

Last edited by vesparider : 09-03-2012 at 06:00 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:11 PM #45
pb mid-missouri
Blake "The Haus"

pb mid-missouri supports Team VICIOUS
pb mid-missouri plays in the APPA D4 division
pb mid-missouri supports Ninja Paintball
2 Questions.

1: can we bring our own sealed unopened boxes of rps paint?

2: by "yellow is a restricted color", does that mean only yellow or no yellow?
pb mid-missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM #46
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb mid-missouri
2 Questions.

1: can we bring our own sealed unopened boxes of rps paint?

2: by "yellow is a restricted color", does that mean only yellow or no yellow?
Event Paint Only = to be purchased at the Event Only. This is how the event promoter and field pay for prizes and is able to keep the series going and the doors open.

"yellow is a restricted color" Do Not wear yellow or have yellow on any part of your marker or gear. Having yellow could be mistaken for a hit. It's in your best interest to not have yellow on you as it could be mistaken as a hit. In which case is NOT arguable!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM #47
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????

has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty#13 View Post
So we are now paying players to play in local tournaments... When I started I played against guys playing for around 10 years... How do you expect to get better, or have a snow balls chance in hell in winning, ever. The objective or ultimate goal is yes to win. However, that can never be achieved without getting demolished/ pushed around for awhile. At least that's the story from almost every player back in the day.
+1
I got my chops busted as a d3 player ( this was originally the same as D5 just waaaay more populous) by the likes of Avalanche, Vicious, Mo Magic and numerous players from Aftershock etc. That is literally the only way to get better.

Oh and I am for sure playing this. Almost done with tournaments altogether (again) to focus on some other aspects of paintball.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 PM #48
Fu_ness

Fu_ness is a Supporting Member
Fu_ness is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Anyone need a player for beginner?

My Feedback

"Originally posted by Redzballer31: Curling is the only sport that women are better than men at, because it's all about sweeping."
Fu_ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM #49
pb mid-missouri
Blake "The Haus"

pb mid-missouri supports Team VICIOUS
pb mid-missouri plays in the APPA D4 division
pb mid-missouri supports Ninja Paintball
Thanks vesparider. another thing, it says the tournament dates are the 15th and 16th, but the 3v3 section says "saturday play". so what is going on on sunday?
pb mid-missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 AM #50
DIXXENORMOUS
vulture

Let the games begin!
R.I.P. Alex Myers
DIXXENORMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 AM #51
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb mid-missouri View Post
Thanks vesparider. another thing, it says the tournament dates are the 15th and 16th, but the 3v3 section says "saturday play". so what is going on on sunday?
5 Man would have been played on Sunday if there had been enough teams register.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM #52
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
m. buck supports Team VICIOUS
m. buck plays in the APPA D5 division
reading these comments makes me giggle liek a little school girl. Dan from the MPS had to deal with the same crap as well. which is why he is no longer running the series, plus other reason, but comments like this is mainly why.

You say you boys have been playing since they were 11, now 14, thats 3 plus years of exp. and your still in the beg level? seems like its time to step up to the plate or stop spending all the money you spend to play this sport.

I remember my first mps event and i was like 17 maybe, we got beat up by a bunch of 13 year olds by the name of JC NRG. Age as nothing to do with skill level at all. Isnt there a 15 year old play pro??
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 PM #53
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

plays in the NXL
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yep guys the event flyer does state Saturday and Sunday. We thought there would of been some good interest in 5man this year. But we just didnt make the cut, there are a lot of good 5man series around such as AVID and Vicious it makes it hard for people to want to spend the money else where to play a different series. So we decided it would just be best to do 3man the rest of the year. I hope in some current season in the future we can add 5man to the series and make it a big division in the series/league.

I personally would like to thank everyone for there support in playing the series this year and last year when we took over from the MPS days. And I only look forward to providing players with a fun great experience that will hopefully they can call ESS there series that they love to play in. I am a player too, so Im trying to bring opportunities to the table some players didnt have back when it I was playing. Again I thank you for the support and look forward to continue support for years to come.

Now lets get some more teams registered for the Lawrence event!!! Call Elite Sports to register your team.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM #54
vesparider

My point is: if a tournament is gonna use appa use it. Don't waiver. But don't suggest I pay a player to fill a roster because the standards are different for some players and not others.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM #55
blitz121
Pocket full of Sunshine

blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 supports Team VICIOUS
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
Jake is there a team list for this event anywhere?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:54 PM #56
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
My point is: if a tournament is gonna use appa use it. Don't waiver. But don't suggest I pay a player to fill a roster because the standards are different for some players and not others.
Richard you have a very good point. But in no way shape or form did I waiver from APPA. If your referencing to the Summer Fun Event by me not allowing Zach Collins to play a D5 tournament. That was my mistake, I thought he had to much experience to play in that tournament. But which next time if there is a D5 event I will stay true to what ever APPA lists a player as. But also the only reason I even asked the boys to move up this year was because they place top 4 each beginner event last year and also took 1st at a Elite Sports Complex event in Beginner. I thought with they performances during the season they would do just fine in Rookie. Im not wanting to start an arguement. But I do like to stick very close to who is allowed to play a division based on APPA ranking. But if you wish since the boys are Beginner APPA ranked I will let them participate in the Beginner division. And realistically the beginner division shouldnt be called "BEGINNER", Like Mr. Carter said it probably should be called Competitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz121 View Post
Jake is there a team list for this event anywhere?
Thacker its on the first page, Second post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM #57
Sk8rPainterNI

GO NEK!!! Wish I could play with you fellas. Bet it's going to be an awesome event between Jake and DZ, good luck to all!
Sk8rPainterNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM #58
Pantalones
ELITE

Good to see some teams finally in the rookie division. Ought to be a good day!
Pantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 PM #59
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasassassin
Richard you have a very good point. But in no way shape or form did I waiver from APPA. If your referencing to the Summer Fun Event by me not allowing Zach Collins to play a D5 tournament. That was my mistake, I thought he had to much experience to play in that tournament. But which next time if there is a D5 event I will stay true to what ever APPA lists a player as. But also the only reason I even asked the boys to move up this year was because they place top 4 each beginner event last year and also took 1st at a Elite Sports Complex event in Beginner. I thought with they performances during the season they would do just fine in Rookie. Im not wanting to start an arguement. But I do like to stick very close to who is allowed to play a division based on APPA ranking. But if you wish since the boys are Beginner APPA ranked I will let them participate in the Beginner division. And realistically the beginner division shouldnt be called "BEGINNER", Like Mr. Carter said it probably should be called Competitor.

Thacker its on the first page, Second post
The you probably remember the meltdown at ess Wichita. Lost 10 straight until the player I had to pay to play showed up 3 hours late.
Zach issue doesn't really stick with me unless the guy with 4 national events played that event to Zach's zero national experience.

Ok here's a way to look at it. Example:

I need a D3 player to play the ess Lawrence with a couple 14 year old boys. You must be able to pay your own way! Anybody? Anybody?
Yeah I didn't thinks so!

Or how about this:
I need a D3 Player to play the ess Lawrence with a couple 14 year old boys. I pay your fees and paint and you keep your winnings!

I'll bet my email will blow up with the 2 offer.
To me, that's what you asked me to do.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 PM #60
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider

The you probably remember the meltdown at ess Wichita. Lost 10 straight until the player I had to pay to play showed up 3 hours late.
Zach issue doesn't really stick with me unless the guy with 4 national events played that event to Zach's zero national experience.

I need a D3 player to play the ess Lawrence with a couple 14 year old boys. You must be able to pay your own way! Anybody? Anybody?
Yeah I didn't thinks so!

Or how about this:
I need a D3 Player to play the ess Lawrence with a couple 14 year old boys. I pay your fees and paint and you keep your winnings!

Oh yes and last year they still had a complete team. This year, Not so Much!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM #61
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post

Yeah I didn't thinks so!

Or how about this:

I didnt think I ever asked you pay the way to play Josiah/or D3 player. I assumed Josiah was apart of your team, that was my mistake. The player your reffering to playing 4 national events, played those national events in a league where APPA was not used. And I went by what his APPA said which was D-5 and yes if I had known the guy had participated in the NPPL. I would have let Zach play, but I didnt really know the guy and I didnt see the problem. Again my fault and like I said I will let Zach participate in an event even that is d5 and lower based on his APPA rank.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 PM #62
BigJT
Elitesportspb.com

BigJT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BigJT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BigJT supports Team VICIOUS
BigJT supports Pev's Paintball
Jake owned up for his mistakes that he was unaware of. Time to let go of the small stuff and just play paintball. All this going back and forth does not do anything positive for the sport.
PLANET ECLIPSE- RPS-EMPIRE- MONSTER
BigJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 AM #63
Fu_ness

Fu_ness is a Supporting Member
Fu_ness is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Looking for a team to play with. PM me

My Feedback

"Originally posted by Redzballer31: Curling is the only sport that women are better than men at, because it's all about sweeping."
Fu_ness is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups