PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-30-2007, 06:30 PM #1
pmballer7

has been a member for 10 years
ways to thank god?

so i was in an ATV accident yesterday and i was thinking of all the things that i thank god for,like that somebody made me wear a helmet,i wasnt hurt worse than i was,my lung didnt fully collapse/it reinflated after slightly collapsing.i wanna know of ways to thank him other than the usual(saying hail marys/our fathers,going to mass,taking communion)?
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2007, 06:39 PM #2
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

Sorry to be rude, but why don't you thank the person that actually made you wear the helmet? And (I'm assuming you went to the hospital) the doctors who took care of you? And your friends/family for their support?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 PM #3
pmballer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
Sorry to be rude, but why don't you thank the person that actually made you wear the helmet? And (I'm assuming you went to the hospital) the doctors who took care of you? And your friends/family for their support?

i did all of that already
Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 PM #4
NicoleW

Well, how about we brainstorm. Do you have any special talents or abilities? Is there anyone that you see in need? Do you feel called to serve God in any particular way?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:31 PM #5
The Foo

Animal Sacrifice seems like a good way according to the Old Testament
Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM #6
impulseballer42586
What can Blue do for you?

impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
impulseballer42586 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Animal Sacrifice seems like a good way according to the Old Testament
Read the new testament, and you'll know why christians stopped doing that.

Step #1 - Go Here
Step #2 - Read This
Step #3 - Don't talk about fight club
Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 PM #7
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
he will? it's actually kind of a challenging subject to broach with understanding as a Christian, let alone telling someone that is apparently not a Christian to just read the NT with not guidance or reference at all. any references that you can think of that might help him understand what you are talking about, assuming he is sincere in an understanding of sacrifice, atonement and justification?
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM #8
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post

Because people of absolutely no connection to the people who wrote the Old Testament decided to put their own views into a Religon in order for it conform to their own way of life?

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles View Post
Because people of absolutely no connection to the people who wrote the Old Testament decided to put their own views into a Religon in order for it conform to their own way of life?
you would be incorrect in the assumption they had no connection with the OT (and by extension your apparent thought process of "their own way of life"). Paul, who wrote 2/3rds of the NT was not only a pharisee, but one of the strictest sects, and was under Gamilael (Sp?) - a very prominent Jewish leader and teacher of Torah and Jewish Scriptures. Most of the other authors of NT scripture canon were also Jews that practiced varied forms of their beliefs, and were very familiar with their (scriptural) laws and doctrines.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 PM #10
elTwitcho

If god has given you a second chance the best thing you could do is honor that second chance and live your life to the fullest. Love fully, live fully and appreciate all that you've been given.
Because of small cock
Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 AM #11
Believer

you can thank God in various ways but the best way to thank him is to take advantage of this second chance

live your life rightously and in a way you know will please God. take advantage of this second chance and show God you are very grateful for the second chance hes given you

dont be arrogant, be kind towards people, thank you parents for raising you and being merciful to you when you were small

most of all thank those who helped save your life. Verily " He who does not thank people does not thank God" - The Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him)

remember that unthankfulness is a sign or arrogance and hate towards God

the devil told God that he would seek his vengence on you in many ways

‘’I will lie in wait for them (human beings) on your straight way. Then I will assault them from in front of them and behind them, from their right and their left. Nor will you find, in most of them, gratitude
(for your mercies)
’’ (Quran 7:16-17)

‘’It is he who brought you forth from the wombs of your
mothers when you knew nothing, and he gave you hearing and sight and intelligence and affection so that you may give thanks (to God)’’ (Quran 16:78)

God be with you my friend

peace,
Old 07-01-2007, 04:13 AM #12
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
If god has given you a second chance the best thing you could do is honor that second chance and live your life to the fullest. Love fully, live fully and appreciate all that you've been given.
/
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:38 AM #13
FuzzyFish

Doesn't God like it when you burn bulls on an alter? thought i heard that somewhere....also, i think it depends on which God you believe in, all religions have differant ways to thank him, but usually it involves some kind of prayer.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 AM #14
..Legend..

There are many ways you can thank him,

1. Be faithful, he absolutely loves that

2. Follow his commandments

3. Live the life you would think he would want you to live, a faithful servant of God.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:26 AM #15
The Foo

You could always kill your only daughter, that seems rational.

But make sure you let her go wander the mountains first and sleep with a bunch of men so she doesn't die a virgin. That way everything will be OKAY.

</sarcasm>
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM #16
bannedbi slaughter
bambi is back

if you need to go on a chat forum to figure out how to worship your god, mabey religion isnt your thing. know what i mean?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 PM #17
DYE baller FOR life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
You could always kill your only daughter, that seems rational.

But make sure you let her go wander the mountains first and sleep with a bunch of men so she doesn't die a virgin. That way everything will be OKAY.

</sarcasm>
wow.
you're so witty and funny.
"</sarcasm>"
hahahahaha...
that was funny...

i know the story you're speaking of, and you misquoted something.
the person (i can't remember his name right now) basically made a deal with God saying he would sacrifice the first thing coming out of his house to meet him if God let him win this battle.

and God didn't make him kill her, he was simply honoring his word, the man just happened to be very unintelligant in what he said, not thinking of the possible consequences.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:11 PM #18
Derr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you would be incorrect in the assumption they had no connection with the OT (and by extension your apparent thought process of "their own way of life"). Paul, who wrote 2/3rds of the NT was not only a pharisee, but one of the strictest sects, and was under Gamilael (Sp?) - a very prominent Jewish leader and teacher of Torah and Jewish Scriptures. Most of the other authors of NT scripture canon were also Jews that practiced varied forms of their beliefs, and were very familiar with their (scriptural) laws and doctrines.
psst... you're taking a thread off topic again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmballer7 View Post
so i was in an ATV accident yesterday and i was thinking of all the things that i thank god for,like that somebody made me wear a helmet,i wasnt hurt worse than i was,my lung didnt fully collapse/it reinflated after slightly collapsing.i wanna know of ways to thank him other than the usual(saying hail marys/our fathers,going to mass,taking communion)?
Life your life according to your beliefs, serve and give aid to others. Maybe a good applicable example would be to volunteer with kids in an activity where you would have the opportunity to tell them about the benefits of riding within your means and safety gear.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 PM #19
FuzzyFish

Quote:
i know the story you're speaking of, and you misquoted something.
the person (i can't remember his name right now) basically made a deal with God saying he would sacrifice the first thing coming out of his house to meet him if God let him win this battle.

and God didn't make him kill her, he was simply honoring his word, the man just happened to be very unintelligant in what he said, not thinking of the possible consequences.
It sounds like Gods magic works like the monkey's paw.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 PM #20
pmballer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedbi slaughter View Post
if you need to go on a chat forum to figure out how to worship your god, mabey religion isnt your thing. know what i mean?
i get what u mean.but i've only been catholic since easter
Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM #21
Charles666

You know God has nothing to do with it?