Community Focus

Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM #1
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU
SAAAHN

OOPS I BUNKERED YOU owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU posts videos on PbNation
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU plays in the APPA beginner division
Speedball very small at new location?

I saw in a video and in a couple pics that the speedball is very small at the new location in chelsea. I heard that there was suppose to be a regulation sized field, is that happening anytime soon because im going most likely on sat and would love to play on a full sized field. But the field still looks great and the facility looks awesome!
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 PM #2
overweightangel275

has been a member for 10 years
overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOPS I BUNKERED YOU View Post
I saw in a video and in a couple pics that the speedball is very small at the new location in chelsea. I heard that there was suppose to be a regulation sized field, is that happening anytime soon because im going most likely on sat and would love to play on a full sized field. But the field still looks great and the facility looks awesome!
From what I have heard. There will be. From what I understand the two small field can open up into 1 regulation field. Im sure Lori will update you.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 PM #3
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU
SAAAHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by overweightangel275 View Post
From what I have heard. There will be. From what I understand the two small field can open up into 1 regulation field. Im sure Lori will update you.
thanks! the facility still looks amazing.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:24 PM #4
FiresofSirius

plays in the NXL
FiresofSirius donated to help Peyton Trent
I was told by one of the staff members that they did the two field layouts the way it was this past weekend because of the large number of new players/parties they were expecting. I guess after December they're gonna be doing the regulation size field on Sundays for team practices.

Not that the Castle/Tank field wasn't fun to play on, haha. The calls of 50 Tank and Center Humvee were memorable.
FiresofSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 PM #5
keakiller24

keakiller24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I was there today they have two fields one is a full size x-ball field the other is a smaller field. They had a the full size xball field as a cod type feild and the little field is speedball. The new place is absolutely amazing. But NO CLEATS. the turf is soo frickin good. But the best thing is they can decide what they want to do
keakiller24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 AM #6
paintballer1184
Southcoast Tsunami

paintballer1184 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballer1184 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer1184 plays in the APPA D4 division
the little field was fun for what it was but the COD field is too. I just can't wait till they have the full size field! But the turf is amazing it slides so well.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM #7
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I can't wait to get in there. Hopefully this sat morning!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:49 PM #8
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hey just for reference, what's the size of the COD field like compared to the old field 1?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM #9
OOPS I BUNKERED YOU
SAAAHN

do you know if they will be having the full speedball field up for the official grand opening on december 4th?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM #10
jdelellis96
JDL

jdelellis96 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jdelellis96 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdelellis96 is an NCPA player
I had more fun playing the big field than I've ever had playing recball on a speedball field. Just saying.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:21 AM #11
Team Revelation

Ill help clarify a bit here until Lori wants to further. So the rumormill doesnt start to spin.

The whole field surface is 185x135x25, two thirds of this is your Hummer/Tank field. The other third is a birthday party/rec field. Take into consideration that 85% of BP business is rec type players. This field is catered to make them money.

The divider net slides and opens up the whole field. There is a total of 15 poles, but the space allows a regulation xball field with pits on the boundaries. In my experience of the labor involved in setting up a full field etc, and what has been said so far around the watercooler there will be occasions where we set it up but for the most part, what you see is what you get unless you bring your pocketbook........

Its great to hear all the positive feedback. There was certainly no expense spared. So to those that say BP is all about the money, just realize that this time, he was all about spending it.................now its time to recoup.

Come enjoy this beautiful addition to New England Paintball. Bring your turf shoes as already mentioned.
NEPL

Thank you Boston Paintball
Team Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM #12
jdelellis96
JDL

jdelellis96 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jdelellis96 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdelellis96 is an NCPA player
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, the turf is probably the nicest I have ever seen. Not just in paintball either, it's like real grass.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 AM #13
Lori
Event Director

Lori donated to help Peyton Trent
Thanks for the kind words - this field took the heart and soul of everyone involved - and a shoulder but it is so worth all of the hard work that went into it. Leaving Everett I will honestly say that I was sad, not because I was gonna miss that place but because in the end it fell so short of everything we have ever tried to do. Chelsea is the end game - and all of the credit is Anthony's.

The deal with the field is this - after the holidays - once we see teams really taking an interest in getting rotations going - we will on Saturday Nights take down the divider net, remove all the rec bunkers and have an XBall field up for Sundays - full size. Not a small undertaking - but we are just as anxious to get the teams in there as you are because that turf is really something

I will have more info as we get closer - but the Grand Opening is this weekend and the holidays are coming - and some of us are just starting to recognize our children again.... so the patience is appreciated.

Meanwhile - I do hope you guys are having fun on that tank field - hell it makes me want to get out there!

Thank you for the support - and come on out this weekend - Nicky Cuba will be in town and the guys from Kee - we are giving away an Axe on Sunday - it'll be a lot of fun!

Thanks again!
Lori
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:14 AM #14
Team Revelation

For the Grand opening weekend, we have moved the divider net, making the speedball field and the tank field equal square footage. So for all you speedball guys and gals, its a very playable field. Have fun.
NEPL

Thank you Boston Paintball
Team Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote