yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
Ion - Yes, sadly my Pump is my only current closed bolt, but its also the only marker I bring to the field. The Pimp is more an impulse/2k5timmy hybrid. It's got a body like a milled impulse, but the internals have a lot of both platforms, it runs a timmy lpr as a drop in upgrade (and timmys can run the evil resp as an lpr fine). If I have to shoot an electro semi tho, I like the Pimp as well as most any other. More of a pump/mech guy myself. My mags been seeing more use then my Pimp, and thats sayin somethin as I don't often take it out.

Rebel - Ill check out the check it pumps for sure, haven't really seen much about em. I'm thinkin maybe save up a bit for a used CCM, not like im spending the money on anything better anyway.

yuik - i've actually skiied those mt's a few times each. Where in North Jersey? I'm originally from Westchester, but live between Burlington, vt and Brooklyn mostly at the moment. I play Liberty, used to play a lot of madness before it moved. Play a little Cousins LI, just found a new reball place in the city (it's like either queens or LI technically but its closer then the cousins areans to someone not in LI) it's cheap as hell for a day of play, i'ma check it out when I get back into town.

For skiing, in the south (Vermont, near Ny/j, ct) Bromley (sp? backside only, front side is more "family" oriented.) and Okemo/Jackson Gore (same lift ticket/mt, just different peaks) Okemo is AMAZING if you have the $$$ to drop for like 100 a day lift tickets. It's a bit far for weekend trips, but you get good deals if you buy a weeks ticket, and lots of cheaper spots to stay off the mt (a nice little country town houses a bunch of motels/cottages for cheap rent).

For the North (Vermont/Canada), i'm with you on Tromblonc (sp?), Montreal's only about an hour drive if you book it from here. I've spent a few spring breaks high as a kite bombing down the slopes on Tromblonc. I LOVE Sugerbush, and it gives me a 100$ SEASON pass as a Champlain student. All being equal (drive/price) I'd spend more time on Smugglers Notch but its WAY too pricey.The season I got a pass there was awesome, but its really far north and thus FREEZING freaken cold, even for a ski resort. At about 130 a day, it's worth it once in a blue, because there just aren't many mountains that tall or with that many peaks on the East Coast. Bolton Valley has the night skiing, but is too small for how far it is from major cities really, less your a local it aint worth making a trip too. Jay Peak is awesome, and if you haven't you should try it, worth the 6 hour drive from NYC. Mad River Glen is an awesome old time style SKIIERs ONLY mountain in North VT, and I love it, but not everyone feels the same. Steep slopes and strong moggle trails, its not easy on the legs. Not a lot of groomers, tons of trees, no snowboarders. Its one of my favs (and its kinda a local spot, never lines, no ski patrol (dicks, still got the "save your *** guys" and lightin' on the lifts if all good).

Real skiins out west, but theres too much to choose from. My favorite single lift ticket is the SNOWMASS/Aspen/Aspen Highlands/Buttermilk Ticket. Most people say its all about aspen, and they are right, but only for night life. For real skiing its all about The Cirque @ Snowmass and Aspen Highlands honestly. Snowmass has something for everyone without Aspen's lines, and Aspen Highlands is a challenge for the best skier.

Barrel Role - Nothing at all wrong with Community College. But a Bachelors really opens a lot of doors, that I just feel are somewhat, if not closed half shut, for someone coming of age right now who stops at an Associates. Depends on what you study though, so what are you studying?
Link the oeko ski place? And the reball place

I'm
In Wayne nj

Dover still got him on FB . Keep me updated on the aedes man I love it
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM #296
99BPS

Barrel Role - in that case, certainly no need. Working for a contractor must be a pretty solid gig, yea? I imagine it would either pay quite nicely or have a sweet benefits package (though I imagine your military benefits are pretty solid as well). I was speaking to your last post, not realizing you weren't working on your associates wondering if you should finish a bachelors. I don't see a need for those already gainfully employed to return to school unless their employer wants to pay for it and offers a major raise upon returning.

The indoor reball - http://www.indoorextremesports.com/ (haven't tried it, but the owner is a legit dude)

Okemo Ski Resort - http://www.okemo.com/index.asp (HIGHLY recommended)
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap

Last edited by 99BPS : 02-04-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM #297
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

has been a member for 10 years
Thinking I'm going to sell my ion to someone local. I never use it anymore and I don't need 2 open bolt markers with another open bolt project... I could probably sell it for 300 or so locally... plus I've got project ideas that I'm going to need to fund.

Electro cocker(possibly mq), a pump(possibly mq)... yes that's 2 different mq valves. I seem to enjoy torturing my bank account.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 AM #298
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Buy the housing, put school on hold until the rent money has you back on track. Financially that makes sense unless you're a strickler for making a career early.
Both. That's my ****.

Renting houses out here is awesome. Buy them in a town with a college/university of the state and you can easily and cleanly roll in $3000-$4000 per month per house. That's a net of $800-$1800/mo.

I already make roughly $3500-$4000/mo (avg. I've made more sometimes and less others) on top of that, which will probably drop to somewhere around $1000/mo once I start college.

But if I can finish my BA in __/__, Masters in __/__, and score my MBA before I'm 25, the likelihood of me having a $100k+ salary (gross) by the time I'm 30 is super high.

With that in mind, I've seen more.

My... uncle's half brother, I think it was, made $110,000 right out of college and currently makes, with bonuses, about 470,000/yr last I remember. He's 33 right now and didn't even get an MBA, just a masters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
As a 29 year old disabled veteran working for a defense contractor, I'm not studying anything. Lol

My AAS is in electronics technology.
Get a BA, your yearly pay is likely to go up by something around 30%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Thinking I'm going to sell my ion to someone local.
DON'T

You'd have to change your username then.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 AM #299
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

lmao - didn't think of that.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM #300
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Yelo - My pay won't go up in this field based on another degree. I'd have to get much further up the chain and even then, a degree isn't required until I get to the Project Manager level. I've been with this company for 2 years now, and my starting salary was above the average for any of the 50 states (except the non-state DC, but that is because of the revolving door of politics) as well as the country as a whole. I understand where you got your figures.

Quote:
Some College avg. $59,338

Bachelors Degree avg. $72,364
99BPS - Working for as a defense contractor is... different. There are a lot more things that can get you canned, up to and including a budget cut of the customer. It pays well, and the benefits are good. If it wasn't for Obamacare, my 401k contributions would be matched 100% up to 5% salary per annum. In order to keep insurance premiums and deductables relatively the same (or the changes transparent to the end users), my employer had to make changes to other less "important" benefits.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts

Last edited by barrel roll : 02-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM #301
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Rebel any links to mansions under 500k ? I am working on putting 60% down for a nice 1 or 2 br condo which will be between 240k-300k in NJ .
just for example i google mapped my aunts old house. i think they bought this house for around $270k, had a 3 car garage, 5 bedroom 4 bath and a decent yard.

your "average" 3 bedroom house is like 40-60k around here.

granted your yearly income probably is too.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM #302
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
My market is artificial, and still inflated even though everything "lost value" from the bubble 3 Navy bases nearby.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM #303
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post

just for example i google mapped my aunts old house. i think they bought this house for around $270k, had a 3 car garage, 5 bedroom 4 bath and a decent yard.

your "average" 3 bedroom house is like 40-60k around here.

granted your yearly income probably is too.
Dude a home like that in nj would be 450k I wish I made that a year
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM #304
yuik

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Also what's with the slopped roofs I see that in Edmonton and Maine a lot for the snow . How far are paintball fields
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM #305
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

sloped roof = usable space
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 AM #306
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yep, the space above the garage in that pic was actually a pretty big room. great for guest bedroom/game room/etc.

lol i wish i made 40k a year too. id be pretty comfy on that. ive had a full time job for almost 8 years, made 22k last year.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM #307
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
yep, the space above the garage in that pic was actually a pretty big room. great for guest bedroom/game room/etc.

lol i wish i made 40k a year too. id be pretty comfy on that. ive had a full time job for almost 8 years, made 22k last year.
Ouch... I made almost that in 4 months for coop. Too bad its all going to school.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM #308
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

honestly i think i live pretty comfortable on 22k a year. all my rent and utilities are paid for and i have money left over to go do stuff on the weekends. biggest advice i can think of for anyone about to move or live on their own is to make sure youve got at least $2k saved up for "oh ****" money like your car messing up. i dont understand how some of the people i know with similar income/expenses live paycheck to paycheck.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 AM #309
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

As long as you're happy, that's what matters.

I've kind of learned that lots lately. **** what others think. Be happy.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM #310
99BPS

It matters where you live too. In NYC 22k a year would just not cut it, it parts of Vermont you would feel wealthy. In Burlington VT where I am now it would only go a little further then NY. Some places have higher average salaries (NYC) but also a higher cost of living.

For example (using my future profession cus it's what I know for sure)

A Clinical Psychologist (Therapist) Averages 350k/year in NYC (some make far less, and others make many times more, but average)

In Delaware, not even 3 hours drive that plummets all the way (Scranton stats)
to about 115$. But cost of living differences make those two numbers MUCH more similar then they look. A 200k house in Delaware is going to cost you 750k in the nice suburbs of NYC.

Hell my parents 3 bedroom house, which is FAR smaller then the pictures house is valued in the current economy at 800k all because it's in Scarsdale, NY, 10583. Anywhere else it would struggle to take 200k.

All matters where you live, hard to compare salary cross country.
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 PM #311
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

ERMAGHAWD:

Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM #312
Deadmeat99
Ramping is for fat people

Deadmeat99 is playing at Living Legends III
Deadmeat99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deadmeat99 supports Ninja Paintball
Literally just finished watching that on facebook.

"Originally posted by aresfiend: "The extra ounce and a half is making me a terrible player" said no one ever."
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM #313
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

lol so did i.

thats really pretty sweet though. GG Bob, GG.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM #314
yuik

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:

Is that 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM #315
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yep.