Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 PM #1
THE Biscuit

has been a member for 10 years
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
X-Valve experts I need your assistance

My X-Valve has recently developed a leak down the barrel. It stops when I hold the trigger in so I already know that it's in the power tube. I have tried oil to see if that helps. It did, but briefly. I have tried using smaller carriers (1.5, 1, .5, 0) using the same o-ring but to no avail. I have read all of the stickies regarding leaking down the barrel and am still unable to get the leak to stop.
I have also tried different springs out of desperation.

Is there something I'm missing or should I name my mag "Linda" because it's possessed??

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2012, 01:09 AM #2
C_losjoker

do you have shims in there, take them out. try it without and changing the carriers again.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 AM #3
THE Biscuit

tried with and with out shims
Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM #4
Tempted (Banned)

What's your tank pressure? Have you used an alternate air source?
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM #5
THE Biscuit

Tank pressures are all over 3k
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 AM #6
Tempted (Banned)

I certainly hope not. I was asking about output pressure.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM #7
THE Biscuit

ah! It just started leaking last time I played with it midway through the day. output on the tanks I have used are ~850.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM #8
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
OK well a couple of things. That power tube space can be finicky. Using a new oring and starting from the smallest carrier, go UP carrier sizes. Ive come across a few that needed larger carriers. It doesnt happen often, but it does.

Also, check the reg pin orings. Make sure they are good and that there is no crap on or around the reg pin. There is a slight chance the dump chamber is over presurizing. Most likely, I doubt it, but check it.

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 PM #9
renie

Check your sear see how worn it is, i had a simular problem with a worn sear tip
renie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM #10
yorktronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil-AO View Post
OK well a couple of things. That power tube space can be finicky. Using a new oring and starting from the smallest carrier, go UP carrier sizes. Ive come across a few that needed larger carriers. It doesnt happen often, but it does.

Also, check the reg pin orings. Make sure they are good and that there is no crap on or around the reg pin. There is a slight chance the dump chamber is over presurizing. Most likely, I doubt it, but check it.
This!
yorktronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:41 PM #11
kwik175

I also recently developed leaks down the barrel in two of my mags in the same weekend. The level ten was tuned to perfection and have been running leak free for at least a year. Turns out the power tube oring in the carrier was goin bad. Very minor leak, came and went. Correct spacer, shims, input pressure, all that good stuff. Bad oring.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 PM #12
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil-AO View Post

This x2 ...

sometimes a little lube will fix it as well...
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM #13
THE Biscuit

I completely forgot about this thread. It was the red o-ring.