Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM #1
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

has been a member for 10 years
DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
car trailers

so my parents bought a truck. they have agreed to let me get a trailer to to my mustang on. Gonna to it to races, and mustang week in myrtle beach, as my a4 cant lol.
anyway, i put 4 wheels and tires i have on craigslist for sale for $450 or trade for mustang wheels or a trailer. i got a call from a guy with a trailer...
said its 14 feet long, 6 feet wide. needs tires, dual axle, has ramps, metal grate stuff for a bottom, brakes, and i think thats it. BUT its not registered... and it was a home made trailer... but he would trade it for my wheels and tires.

anything i should look out for? gonna look up CT dmv and how i would register.

and if i didnt get that, any suggestions? not much seems to show up on craigslist. i dont care for anything fancy. i just want legal, and able to haul my car.
thanks
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 PM #2
AntiHeightPunk (Banned)

home made trailer.....idk maybe im spoiled but i wouldnt touch that ****
AntiHeightPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 PM #3
hatchj
Has a life outside here

hatchj is reppin' sidebar 4 life
hatchj has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hatchj has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As long as everything is really solid. I see no real issue with it. Just make sure there isn't much rust, the welds are solid, and it looks like it would hold a car...lol
hatchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM #4
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Make sure you read up on on how to register it in CT. A home made trailer is one thing, a home made car trailer could be a huge headache. I just registered a 6x12 and it was a pain in the ***. You will definetly need to get it inspected so be prepared to waste an entire day in Whethersfield. I'm pretty sure they are the only inspection line that will inspect trailers.
automagwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 AM #5
Bob Sinclar (Banned)

So let me get this straight...you're gonna trade your tires for a trailer with no tires...
Bob Sinclar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 AM #6
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeightPunk View Post
home made trailer.....idk maybe im spoiled but i wouldnt touch that ****
My great grandpa makes a trailer a week and sells them for stupid profit. He's been doing it for years and people swear he makes them better than the local trailer places.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 AM #7
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Make sure you read up on on how to register it in CT. A home made trailer is one thing, a home made car trailer could be a huge headache. I just registered a 6x12 and it was a pain in the ***. You will definetly need to get it inspected so be prepared to waste an entire day in Whethersfield. I'm pretty sure they are the only inspection line that will inspect trailers.
Yeah I looked it up more. Seems like it's gonna be a ***** to register so I'm probably gonna skip out on it and keep looking elsewhere. If ya ever hear of a cheap one Lmk lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sinclar View Post
So let me get this straight...you're gonna trade your tires for a trailer with no tires...
The tires and wheels were on my ranger. Came with Rubicon my parents had. They.sold wheels and tires to.me cheap. I had 13 wheels and tires for it. When I sold the truck, included 8. Trying to get rid of this last set. They're 245 75 16 good year mtr or something like that
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:41 AM #8
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
i was just going to say the same thing. i work for a landscaper and getting the trailers registered is a ***** and a half. even when they are manufactured ones with all the certifications and everything. ct is a tough state when it comes to regulating trailers for whatever reason. best bet is to buy/trade for a prefab one and call it a day. oh make sure there arnt any rust spots or extra welds on it too lol

my old feedback 100% positive
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote