PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM #1
HollywoodHogan

Division 2 teams with Pros on them???

I've seen at Propaintball that two division 2 teams have pros playing with them?
It says team Camp Pendleton Raiders have Rodney Squires and Peter Reguindin. Apparently both of these guys played pro within the last 10 years. Also another team Wicked has a player from All Americans and Vicious? Pat Roberts?? I figured NPPL would be a little more on top of this.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 AM #2
PyroFox
I like CHEEZE

has been a member for 10 years
PyroFox has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PyroFox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PyroFox supports DLX Technology
When i played HB in 2010 with Marine Team Erik Hunter was on our team but he hadn't played pro in a few years and it was allowed. If it matters that much to you then ***** and moan to the league
Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 AM #3
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodHogan View Post
I've seen at Propaintball that two division 2 teams have pros playing with them?
It says team Camp Pendleton Raiders have Rodney Squires and Peter Reguindin. Apparently both of these guys played pro within the last 10 years. Also another team Wicked has a player from All Americans and Vicious? Pat Roberts?? I figured NPPL would be a little more on top of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFox View Post
When i played HB in 2010 with Marine Team Erik Hunter was on our team but he hadn't played pro in a few years and it was allowed. If it matters that much to you then ***** and moan to the league
I believe the rule is that a player's ranking is dropped one level for every year that they don't play...so a pro player in 2010 would be ranked D1 in 2012 if they didn't play at all in 2011. I don't know if there is a floor, or if they could go all the way back to D4 if they have not played for the required number of years.

I also believe that teams are allowed to have up two players from higher divisions(I believe that it is only one division above their division, but could be wrong) on their roster.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:10 AM #4
sogo

Did you make a new account to complain about this? Lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 AM #5
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogo View Post
Did you make a new account to complain about this? Lol.
I believe that he did...his only 2 posts are the same thing in two different sub-forums. You have to love people that want to complain, but don't want anyone to know it was them.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 AM #6
HollywoodHogan

4.07 Player Rankings
All player rankings are determined by the players status as of January 01st of the current yearʼs season whether they have previously played the NPPL series or any other National or International series.
(1) A “Pro Player” is a player that has been on the roster of an NPPL or other National or International Professional Team in the past 10 years,
or a or International Professional Semi-Pro team in the past 10 years.
(2) A “D1 Player”. Anyone who has played or has been on the roster of a D1 Team in two D1 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D2 series championship team.
(3) A “D2 Player” is a player that has played or has been on the roster of a D2 Team in two D2 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D3 series championship team.

4.08 Changes to Player Status. Player status is based on playing history dating back to the
2003. Any player may request reclassification. Any Pro player can be reclassified down 1 division (with approval from the league); the player cannot play Division 2 at anytime. A $50 USD fee will apply to all applications. (Regardless of the outcome of the decision), by visiting www.nationalpaintballplayers.com <http://www.nationalpaintballplayers.com>. Playerʼs who think they have been unfairly ranked in a National paintball series other than the NPPL may apply for re-classification for no charge; a $50.00 deposit must be paid at the time of application. The fee will be refunded no matter what the outcome.
4.09 Inter-Divisional Play.
(1) Any player may be on a Pro team roster
(2) D1 may have unlimited D1 players and up to 2 Pro or Semi-Pro players
(3) D2 may have all D2 players, two D1 players and no Pro or Semi-Pro players

Straight from the rules...of NPPL RULE BOOK.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM #7
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Please keep the discussion in 1 thread.

There is a point for the discussion, but there is no need for 2 threads.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
Closed Thread