PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2007, 03:20 AM #1
nima67

has been a member for 10 years
nima67 posts videos on PbNation
nima67 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Arrow Paintball International Manila Philippines (PIMP) Scores.

Waiting for the Results...
#1235 Russian Legion
nima67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 PM #2
Booyah!

Here are the results for PIMP 2007

DIVISION I
1st Team Reaper (South Africa)
2nd Team Datis (Iran)
3rd Team Manila Paintball Authority (Philippines)
4th Team Xtioneer Raskal (Malaysia)

DIVISION 2
1st Team Global Pinoy 2 (Philippines)
2nd Team X-Xtioneer (Malaysia)
3rd Team Real Pinoy (Philippines)
4th Team Infinity (Philippines)

DIVISION 3
1st Team Gotcha Tagly Boyz (Philippines)
2nd Team Zealous (Malaysia)
3rd Team Global Pinoy 3 (Philippines)
4th Team Splat Boi (Philippines)

DIVISION 4
1st Team Energizer
2nd Team Jackpats
3rd Team People Support
4th Team Schick

Congratulations to all the winners.

Last edited by Booyah! : 10-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Booyah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 AM #3
pappa jun

IN behalf of TEAM REAL PINOY, i would like to thank all of the guys,...and also the girls of PIMP 07!

Great tournament guys, heard it straight from the foreign teams like Reaper (South Africa) and Datis (Iran)! Rest assured that the next PIMP will be as a resounding success as this year is!

Here's hoping that you guys can cook up sumthing like a regular local tourney.....that would be great for all of us players!

Again.....our sincerest thanks!!!!!

pappa jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 AM #4
Geck#69

Congrats To All The Winners. But That Was The Worst Tournament I've Been To By Far..
Geck#69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 AM #5
evilseeks
Photojournalist

evilseeks is a Paintball photographer
evilseeks helped look for balloons
evilseeks is playing at Living Legends III
the PIMP VIDEO, JUST OUT!! Check it out guys!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUwUnhqwGq4
PINOYBALLASOCIETY O.G. member #6
Team REAL Pinoy| XPP | XSP | ElementsMMI| Young Photographers Philippines | Channel V | Franco
Agence France Presse | The Associated Press | Bunk3rd Paintball Magazine| StratoBOX Studios| Helios Project

WWW.FRANZLOPEZPHOTO.MULTIPLY.COM
email : franzlopezphoto@yahoo.com / franz@eccdcouncil.gov.ph
evilseeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 PM #6
lyanza

Congratulations to the winners of PIMP 2007. Venue was great - but the reffing sucked!! The organizer (the old white man) refused to admit the reffing sucked despite me showing videos of bad calls!! Players were being called out for balls hitting them (w/o breaking); for touching bunkers that had paint; for splatters; for paintshells on their person w/o any paint; and the list goes on!! One certain island provided 8 teams to the venue - difficult to convince them to come back after what we experienced.
lyanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:37 PM #7
chinaman671

Congrates to a very hospitable tournament, thanks for all the efforts to take care of us by Mhay and Leone, thanks.

However, it was the worst tournament in terms of marshaling. The attitude of the marshals were not acceptable. I had a euro marshal telling me that he has no time for me to discuss an objectionable call. I think the local refs really tried their best to be professional and were very courteous.

We are not sore losers. We have lost to many many better teams in other tournaments and walked away feeling proud to have done our best. But in this instance, we felt that we were disrespected as if we were not welcomed in the first place. Is that the message you were trying to send us? If so, you should have told us and we wouldn't have spend good money to come in the hope to meet new people and gain new experiences. Unfortunately the only experience we walk away with was that PALS marshaling is bias, unprofessional and has the wrong attitude about what paintball should be.

To the PALS officials, if you say that you want PALS to continue to grow, and run it as a successful "business", how successful would you expect to be if your "paying customers" feel as disrespected and unwelcome as I was made to feel.

I wish you all the success in the world. But if things don't change, I don't think Guam will be sending another 8 teams to any of your events. (btw, try to imagine your event with only 6 Div 1 teams, is that the growth you were telling me about?)

To the PIMP organizers. Thanks again, let us know if you will do another tournament (without PALS) and we would love to bring our gear and party with you all!

respectfully,

Eddie Chien, Team FOKAI A&B

Last edited by chinaman671 : 10-09-2007 at 08:42 PM.
chinaman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM #8
lyanza

I failed to mention that the much of the refs could not distinguish between a shot and splatter - THAT'S BECAUSE THEY NEVER EVEN REFFED A GAME BEFORE!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:57 PM #9
lyanza

No Doubt! I've Been To 2 Prior Pi Tournaments, The 1st Pals In Malaysia, And Nppl Orange County. This Pals Tourney Sucked ***!
Old 10-10-2007, 06:35 AM #10
Geck#69

I totally agree with Chef and lyanza.. ive been to 3 tournaments in the P.I. and 2 in Malaysia.. i've also been to Hawaii.. but this tournament had the worse reffing!! calling 1 for 1 on every Guam team so quickly and for stupid callls.. we already knew who the favorites were on the PALS tourney. sorry to say, i dont think Guam will be sending any teams to any PALS tournament ever.. WE'RE ALL HEADED TO U.S. ONLY!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 AM #11
Big Brother

Aray! Aray naku! I thought it's a resounding success! That's what they've been telling! Wooh men I'm so sorry for what you've experience...the only bad experience I've got is when the Big Boss of the tourney asked a white man to remove my flag! Luckily! he realized...this is my country! this is my flag! and I'm willing to die for it! I've been harrased for 3 days...I thought he bought the Sports Park already! Bawi na lang! Sorry bros! Parg taga Marikina ako orig! the Sports Park is a public place!

Do you need to be a sponsor to hang your flag in your own country? Next time...don't mess with me! I'm silently watching the games and sent teams to support your tourney! You don't need to send 10 security men just to harass me and remove my flag? From day 1 to day 3?

You forgot to ask your men (the security, the open minded member of the commitee and the rest of the Pinoys arround)...they are also Filipinos!

Ang liit na bagay lang nyon! You have more things to worry that day... No Bunkers on the scheduled WALK THE FIELD DAY...Players lining up for the AIR...even a battery for the crono? and here you are worried about Global Gutz dug out? Not 1 day but 3 days.

Walang personalan pag may bisita Bro...ngayon ka makipagusap tapos na Tourney.

Pinoy ka ba o _ _ _ _ _?
Big Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 AM #12
GunghoPaul
TEAM XTIONEER-MALAYSIA

I must apologize to the Guam teams who feel so badly about the marshaling.I can only assure you guys that there was no bias and if it was bad ..then it was bad all around.

Whether it is a PALS event or just another tourney...we have known some of you guys for a while(like Ricster) and would never wish for any team from whichever country to win via unfair means.

Most of the PALS committee is from Malaysia and I don't think Malaysian teams have ever won even one of the events we organized or helped organized.We do not organize these events to win it ourselves...we do it to have a good competition among our international friends.If we win..fine..if we don't..as long as we gave a good fight.

I can only say that we will review what has happened and hope to rectify the matters as it was never our intentions to make you guys feel this way.You guys have been away for a while...if anything...we would love to have you guys joining us in more tourneys and not drive you guys away.

The tourney director is from the Millennium and as it is cost the PIMP a lot of money to bring in to ensure fair play.The Euro Ref in the Draxxus field is from Belgium..with hardly any links to anyone in this region and the Asian Ref-Junaidi in the Eclipse field is from Malaysia and is always harder on Malaysian teams to prove his neutrality.

Please do try and understand the structure of PALS and partners before being too critical of PALS.

Again..please accept my sincere apology on the matter...we are also open to all suggestions to make the tourney series better for all.Thank you for turning up in strength and we do hope for a chance to make things better.

* Big Bro...it is unfortunate with regard to your incident but it is something between you and our partner in the Philippines and not within PALS scope to interfere.You have been to all the PALS legs and should know that each partner(Taiwan,Thailand and Malaysia) accomodates or not accomodate in their own way...

Paul
GunghoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM #13
Geck#69

Paul, i've been to Malaysia twice and the reffing was fine.. Whoever that ref from Belgium was, he better realize that he has no right to grab one of my teammates or any player by the arm and pulling him and pushing him in the chest just to tell him that he was shot.. besides that, everyone knew that the reffing was not fair to all Guam teams and to prove it, we have it on tape.. just like Chinaman wrote, we sent 8 teams to support PALS and all we got for 2 days were bad calls.. imagine only having 5 division 1 teams if we didn't show up, how sad is that for a tournament?? we supported you guys to the FULLEST.. i don't have anything against any teams out there, i love playing with you guys, teams like Raskals, Xtioneers, Global Gutz, Brownmen.. i've known you guys for quite some time now and i would love to continue to play against you guys however i dont think i would be attending any PALS tournament from now on.. that was the worse experience i ever had in my 6 year paintball career.. CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND I'LL SEE YOU AT ANOTHER TOURNAMENT!! TAKE CARE GUYS!!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM #14
Vandalz

I enjoyed the tournament thoroughly. Guam teams, upload the vids and post links?
Vandalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:32 PM #15
Booyah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
Aray! Aray naku! I thought it's a resounding success! That's what they've been telling! Wooh men I'm so sorry for what you've experience...the only bad experience I've got is when the Big Boss of the tourney asked a white man to remove my flag! Luckily! he realized...this is my country! this is my flag! and I'm willing to die for it! I've been harrased for 3 days...I thought he bought the Sports Park already! Bawi na lang! Sorry bros! Parg taga Marikina ako orig! the Sports Park is a public place!

Do you need to be a sponsor to hang your flag in your own country? Next time...don't mess with me! I'm silently watching the games and sent teams to support your tourney! You don't need to send 10 security men just to harass me and remove my flag? From day 1 to day 3?

You forgot to ask your men (the security, the open minded member of the commitee and the rest of the Pinoys arround)...they are also Filipinos!

Ang liit na bagay lang nyon! You have more things to worry that day... No Bunkers on the scheduled WALK THE FIELD DAY...Players lining up for the AIR...even a battery for the crono? and here you are worried about Global Gutz dug out? Not 1 day but 3 days.

Walang personalan pag may bisita Bro...ngayon ka makipagusap tapos na Tourney.

Pinoy ka ba o _ _ _ _ _?
Sir Sonny, I hope you're not over reacting.

Last edited by Booyah! : 10-10-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Booyah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 PM #16
lyanza

The basic problem is that the refs were inexperienced!! The organizer (the old white man with the funny hat) completely denied the refs were making bad calls. As my fellow teammate said: "Don't even talk to him b/c it's like talking to a wall." After showing him a video of a bad call, he still denied it was bad call (I'll ask the video guy to upload the video). I understand some Malaysian refs came over, but they were not making the bad calls. The other refs (some in in black and white; and some in yellow and white) were. The Belgian refs ignored our pleas. Please ask the old white man these questions: When did you train these refs? Did you shoot a bunker and a person to distinguish between a shot, a splatter, and a rub? How many of the refs ever reffed a game before? The PIMP was a major tournament; and for PALS to employ inexperienced refs (who never even reffed a rec game) is unexcusable. We don't blame the other teams, and in fact my team was No. 2 in the preliminaries. But for the No. 2 team to also complain about the reffing speaks volumes. Lastly, after much complaining to the old white man, he did not even bother going to the head refs to make sure the right calls were being made. No effort was made to the refs to distinguish the shots. Ano bayan?!!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:28 PM #17
chinaman671

To PALS (not PIMP)

It would be a waste of time to get into a "he said she said" scenario. All I can say is that whoever was bias against Guam, you know who you are. And for whatever reason you did it for, its between you and your God, because I simply cant understand why anyone would cheat in paintball. (I thought that was the player's job.....haha)

But here are a few cases of what I have personally seen ( and I wont name anyone because like I said, they know who they are )

1. a marshal wiping down a player then declaring him not hit
2. a marshal wiping off a splash, good call
3. a marshal calling a guam player for a splash
4. a guam player called out for a bunker rub
5. a marshal allowing a player to complete a run thru even after being hit
6. a guam player called for 1 for 1 even though he had stop and turned after being hit
7. a guam player called for 1 for 1 even thought the marshal could not demonstrate where the hit was
8. a guam player being call out for kneeling on paint
9. a guam player was called for 1 for 1 after the marshal refuse to answer to a plaint check on his pack
10. a player was allow to wipe his hopper on a bunker in view of a marshal after the game was called
11. a marshal telling me that he has no time for me to lodge a complain on a protested call

I can not be convinced that there was no bias against us (Guam). Like I said in a previous post, I think the new refs did their very best with what amount of experience they had. But I thought the experienced marshals should have been better. You say the marshals and refs are new and inexperienced. I disagree. Only someone who knows the game well knows when and how to pull players to affect the outcome of the game.

This is not about us loosing. This is about respect. We desire that rules be applied equally. It should not matter whether you know us or not, whether we are friends or not, specially whether we got to hang over a drink or not. Datis and all the rest of the winners deserve their win and I congratulate them. And if we should meet again, we will bring our A game and do our best, and walk away knowing that we DID do our best.

This trip was suppose to be about gain new experiences. But how can you expect us to play against five guys plus marshals who did not want us to have a level playing field. That kind of experience we dont need or deserve.

Again, I wish all of you in PALS to do well, and if things do get better, we would consider joining in future events. I believe we do share the common goal of seeing paintball grow as a sport in our region. We have gain some new experience and I hope you have too. If we can both improve base on this experience, then I guess it was not such a bad trip after all.

Eddie C
chinaman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 AM #18
gavin0311

to everyone who thinks were a bunch of complainers:

you know the refs are wrong when they admit theyre wrong and when they say sorry for ****ty calls. so no, guam isnt a bunch of crybabies. if you think so, fly to an nppl event or psp event in the mainland and challenge us there.

btw, my team is a bunch of 18-19 year old kids. so to the PALS Refs, thanks for letting us waste all of our money to be cheated out during games.

other than, everything was good. nice meeting all the teams, especially Reaper. thanks for being such great neighbors.
gavin0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:19 AM #19
506guballer

First of all this post is my opinion only and not that of my team.

I think the PALS understand that the reffing was a problem especially with so many Guam teams complaining. And I think the PIMP organizers know what they can improve on. There is always room for improvement even with events held on Guam. Out here on Guam sometimes the reffing can be questionable too and sometimes the air station doesn’t work….it happens….honestly to the people of the PIMP I know you worked your butts off and got little sleep so my hats off to all of you…..

I’d like to personally thank Leone, Mhay, Mary Ann and all the PIMP staff who in one way or another helped us with getting to the tourney and assisted us during the tourney days. Leone and Mhay thanks for being great liasons and hostesses to Guam. Mary Ann thank you for your assistance with Noel at the hospital especially when they gave us a hard time with releasing him. I know my team had a misunderstanding at the ER with you but please be assured we are grateful that you were looking out for our best interest. Thank you so much for that.

I’d also like to thank the teams from the Philippines for their hospitality particularly Team Real Pinoy and MPA. You guys are cool. It was fun playin against you guys and I hope to see you in the future. It’s too bad I didn’t get to hang with the other teams from the Philippines.

Thanks for all the teams that showed concern for our brother Noel on Saturday and Sunday. Team Datis, I didn’t get your captain’s name but thanks for helping out and keeping him stable until the ambulance arrived. Team Reaper thanks for understanding our situation and giving us an opportunity to play against you despite us being late on Sunday. That was one of the fun games for me even though we lost that one. (Wait till Malaysia for a rematch )

Congrats to all the winners. To all the teams we played against: You are all impressive players and I’d love to have a chance to play with you again. To the PALS what you are doing to advance paintball in Asia is important. I hope that you will sincerely see this as a learning experience and at least look at the truth of what some of the Guam teams have said and maybe evaluate how it can be prevented. I assure you if the experience of the Guam teams was good you could see 5 more teams added to the 9 during the 2008 PAL series. Instead it looks like some of the teams on Guam will not go and sadly they will share their experience with the other teams here.

Malaysia is just around the corner whether I’ll go is still up in the air(the wife and the job need convincing). I know I would love to have another chance to play against teams like Reaper, Datis, MPA, Kuu, Xtioner, and Raskaal. Play hard, Play fast, Play safe. Play fair. Hopefully I'll see you guys in December.

Richard L.G. Nartia, Jr.
Boonie Dogs Black
Captain
506guballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 AM #20
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah! View Post
Sir Sonny, I hope you're not over reacting.
Definitely I'm not! Just ask Elmer what the security, DILG guys and Ulrich have done...may be they are the ones over reacted. First my dug out, then my signage, then my flag.The Irony...they borrowed it in the awards night...(I think you forgot to bring the flag).

I have nothing against the PIMP organizers. In fact, comended all what you have done. I think I don't deserve the over reaction on your part bec. I'm silently watching the games and have stayed in an area away from the organizers.I have seen how hard you have worked to make it a success.

Actually, I commend the way you handle things...Nicks it's not me that over reacted...ask Elmer. Research!

Unexpected incidents happen and you were able to survive it. At the end of the day it's still a success. There are rooms for improvement specially if it's the first time. My only point is you have a lot of things to worry that day and I'm worried too! The visitors of PIMP is also my visitor. If you want full details of the incident...PM me.

Last edited by Big Brother : 10-11-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 AM #21
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunghoPaul View Post
I must apologize to the Guam teams who feel so badly about the marshaling.I can only assure you guys that there was no bias and if it was bad ..then it was bad all around.

Whether it is a PALS event or just another tourney...we have known some of you guys for a while(like Ricster) and would never wish for any team from whichever country to win via unfair means.

Most of the PALS committee is from Malaysia and I don't think Malaysian teams have ever won even one of the events we organized or helped organized.We do not organize these events to win it ourselves...we do it to have a good competition among our international friends.If we win..fine..if we don't..as long as we gave a good fight.

I can only say that we will review what has happened and hope to rectify the matters as it was never our intentions to make you guys feel this way.You guys have been away for a while...if anything...we would love to have you guys joining us in more tourneys and not drive you guys away.

The tourney director is from the Millennium and as it is cost the PIMP a lot of money to bring in to ensure fair play.The Euro Ref in the Draxxus field is from Belgium..with hardly any links to anyone in this region and the Asian Ref-Junaidi in the Eclipse field is from Malaysia and is always harder on Malaysian teams to prove his neutrality.

Please do try and understand the structure of PALS and partners before being too critical of PALS.

Again..please accept my sincere apology on the matter...we are also open to all suggestions to make the tourney series better for all.Thank you for turning up in strength and we do hope for a chance to make things better.

* Big Bro...it is unfortunate with regard to your incident but it is something between you and our partner in the Philippines and not within PALS scope to interfere.You have been to all the PALS legs and should know that each partner(Taiwan,Thailand and Malaysia) accomodates or not accomodate in their own way...

Paul
Bro,

I have been with PALS since your have started it. I have no complains with reffing or officiating from what I have experienced like Taiwan, Thailand and Malaysia. So far. the indicator is we keep on comming back.

I just couldn't imagine that inspite of alienating myself in the other side of the field, they still have tried to play politics where infact, they have lots of problems that day. They could have even start a new bond instead. Like the X-Global Gutz guys! I lost all my hatred when I see them winning. Infact, my boys have reconciled with them and I'm happy.

Bro, I have never been treated bad in Malaysia. In fact, I always have a VIP PASS! I'm happy with my friends there and I love to come back even without this PALS. Sometimes, it's not the event...it's the my family out there.

INCIDENT is nothing to do with PALS...it's personal . I'm just hurt! and now that I have aired my grief it's over and let's move on instead!

Getting the dug out is done in good faith (for my boys to have a comfortable place to stay) and I'm a regular user of the Sports Park for my Teambuilding events...that, they don't know!