PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM #568
JC Nor7
vanilla

has been a member for 10 years
Picked up some ice polish and zymol spray wax and detailer. Quite pleased.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM #569
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I don't know why people thing an F250 is something everyone wants to drive around on a daily basis. My dad has an excursion which is basically a F250. I would much much rather drive the 150. The ride is far better, its easy to park, its better on gas, etc. Unless you actually have a frequent need to tow a massive trailer, why buy the 250?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:06 PM #570
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I don't know why people thing an F250 is something everyone wants to drive around on a daily basis. My dad has an excursion which is basically a F250. I would much much rather drive the 150. The ride is far better, its easy to park, its better on gas, etc. Unless you actually have a frequent need to tow a massive trailer, why buy the 250?
Sorry can't hear you over the sound of my stacks bro...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM #571
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Pirate Mafia is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
I prefer the 250 mainly for that reason, towing. Though it does have a slightly larger interior. And the power is there when you want it.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM #572
Matt H

Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
F250 > F150
Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM #573
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

King Ranch F250?
I am legitimately surprised nobody made this reference yet
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM #574
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Very subjective, my experience with diesels in regards to amount of issues and repairs, is far less than gas engine trucks.

That's also very user dependent.
You own and work on diesels but still claim this? LOL toss out the price on one of those 7.3/6.0/6.7 injectors for me.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 AM #575
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You own and work on diesels but still claim this? LOL toss out the price on one of those 7.3/6.0/6.7 injectors for me.
My hybrids were 215 a piece , granted that was for performance. I have yet to have an injector go "bad" on any of my diesels.

Same with everyone I know
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 AM #576
F1VENOM

Quote:
My hybrids were 215 a piece , granted that was for performance. I have yet to have an injector go "bad" on any of my diesels.

Same with everyone I know
It's hard to have injector problems when you replace them immediately. You must not have many diesel friends if no one has had injector problems. Also 6.0&6.4 injectors are in the $300+ range apiece. Really in line with the $30 injectors of an ecoboost. Start playing with oil coolers, pumps, etc and you can't say there's one diesel that's cheaper than a gas engine in maintenance.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 AM #577
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
It's hard to have injector problems when you replace them immediately. You must not have many diesel friends if no one has had injector problems. Also 6.0&6.4 injectors are in the $300+ range apiece. Really in line with the $30 injectors of an ecoboost. Start playing with oil coolers, pumps, etc and you can't say there's one diesel that's cheaper than a gas engine in maintenance.
Bought the truck with 170k, did minor work to that block, ended up grabbing another 7.3. I replaced the injectors when I bought the truck, but the original owner never had them replaced.

I personally know more people with diesel trucks than gas jobs. And the diesels have far less issues than the gas jobs. Granted a majority of us are always adding/upgrading parts on our trucks, the few that don't rarely have issues as well.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 AM #578
F1VENOM

How much is your oil change? Your daily fillup? Your air filter? Gas filter? Diff fluid changes? Everything about owning and maintaining a diesel is more expensive.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM #579
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

My daily fill up? Weekly fill up

Its less than my Chev and lasts longer than my Chev.

Oil change is around $40 on average, without changing the hpop oil which isn't needed every oil change. Air filter was $24, fuel filter was $13, gear oil is a bit more, take 7 quarts roughly, at $17 a quart for synth.

Almost everything you listed is fairly close to a gas jobs prices minus the gear oil change.

You are trying to make it sound worse than it actually is
Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 AM #580
F1VENOM

Quote:
My daily fill up? Weekly fill up

Its less than my Chev and lasts longer than my Chev.

Oil change is around $40 on average, without changing the hpop oil which isn't needed every oil change. Air filter was $24, fuel filter was $13, gear oil is a bit more, take 7 quarts roughly, at $17 a quart for synth.

Almost everything you listed is fairly close to a gas jobs prices minus the gear oil change.

You are trying to make it sound worse than it actually is
I'm not talking about DIY, I'm talking about at a dealership. You get 15 quarts for $40? That's ****ing cheap and I call BS on the $24 air filter.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 AM #581
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Comparing the two you can pick up a base model Ecoboost for $24,00 and a 6.7L for $29,000. Unless you're comparing the exact model and options between the two it's a useless comparison. The price difference nets you 400lbs in the bed and 4,000lbs towing. If you DD the truck and don't need to tow something more than 9,000lbs there's no reason to step up to the diesel with prices the way they are. 87 all day and 93 when you tow if you're worried about the performance.
yes, but here we see the initial cost of the diesel F250 is about 5000 more. Might vary depending on trim level. In this case, its over 20% more expensive. So if they get about the same mileage, and maintenance is slightly more expensive, and the cost of diesel is probably 20-30 cents more than 87 last I checked...

You're going to be spending more money up front and more variable cost over the ownership period of the vehicle. So unless you need the increased towing ability, why do it? Sure an occasion may come when you wish you had the diesel, but will it come so often that you wish you had spent another 20%+? For you, maybe. For everyone, no.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 AM #582
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
I'm not talking about DIY, I'm talking about at a dealership. You get 15 quarts for $40? That's ****ing cheap and I call BS on the $24 air filter.
Dealer prices? I wouldnt know

Buy a 30 or 50 gal drum

There are even cheaper filters, iirc you can find them for <$20. Of course this is all dependent on the type of filter your air box holds.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM #583
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM #584
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Whats up with the soot

Love that body style
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM #585
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-

Quote:
yes, but here we see the initial cost of the diesel F250 is about 5000 more. Might vary depending on trim level. In this case, its over 20% more expensive. So if they get about the same mileage, and maintenance is slightly more expensive, and the cost of diesel is probably 20-30 cents more than 87 last I checked...

You're going to be spending more money up front and more variable cost over the ownership period of the vehicle. So unless you need the increased towing ability, why do it? Sure an occasion may come when you wish you had the diesel, but will it come so often that you wish you had spent another 20%+? For you, maybe. For everyone, no.
A diesel usually gets better mileage than a gas truck. A good tune on a diesel truck and you can pull high 20s. My ag teacher had a Cummins I6 and was getting 27highway mpg.

Gas costs more but you get better mileage.

Just pointing this out.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 AM #586
bushhog750

If i wash it off it comes right back. I quit trying to keep it off.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM #587
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
If i wash it off it comes right back. I quit trying to keep it off.
You have a tune or programmer on it?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 AM #588
bushhog750

Quote:
You have a tune or programmer on it?
running a smarty SO6
Closed Thread