Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM #1
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

has been a member for 10 years
Egypt protesters scale US embassy and tear down flag

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...all-take-flag/

Quote:
Dozens of protesters then scaled the embassy walls, took down the flag from a pole in the courtyard and brought it back to the crowd outside. The crowd tried to burn it, but failing that, tore it apart. The protesters on the wall then raised on the flagpole a black flag with the Muslim declaration of faith on it, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is his prophet." The flag, similar to the banner used by al Qaeda, is commonly used by ultraconservatives around the region.
Unreal. Ignorance all around. Apparently they're angry about a silly film. Where were the Marines during all of this?
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2012, 03:30 PM #2
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...all-take-flag/

Unreal. Ignorance all around. Apparently they're angry about a silly film. Where were the Marines during all of this?
Read the whole article, said marines fired a volly of warning shots...what they should have done was fired a volly of killing shots and slaughtered the lost of them.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:35 PM #3
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Read the whole article, said marines fired a volly of warning shots...what they should have done was fired a volly of killing shots and slaughtered the lost of them.
Uh?

Quote:
A U.S. Embassy official disputed a report that embassy guards had fired their weapons at the protesters, CBS News' Alex Ortiz reports from Cairo.
Edit: Also, you are probably more ignorant than the lot in Egypt that is protesting.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM #4
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
Uh?

Edit: Also, you are probably more ignorant than the lot in Egypt that is protesting.
Reading fail is fail... This is why you should soruce your news from more than one place, both CNN and USATODAY are reporting shots fired.

Quote:
Update at 2:07 p.m. ET: CNN reports that U.S. security guards fired a volley of warning shots as the crowd gathered outside the embassy walls.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...D=a9tgn790dh3q
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM #5
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

"The protest was sparked by outrage over a video being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the U.S., clips of which are available on the social website YouTube and dubbed in Egyptian Arabic. The video depicts Muhammad as a fraud, showing him having sex and calling for massacres. Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any fashion, much less in an insulting way."
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM #6
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

My mom just told me about the video. Apparently some idiot Copt is trying to start problems. I think it's pretty obvious by now how conservative many Egyptians are. And please don't think this is just Muslims. The Coptic Christians in Egypt are CLEARLY, without a doubt more religious than the Muslims. They're borderline crazy. Muslims would never insult Christianity like the Copts do Islam.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM #7
Overbear

Muslums get up in arms because someone insults their "god", that makes every last one of them flat out insane, and the only solution, is genocide.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 PM #8
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
"The protest was sparked by outrage over a video being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the U.S., clips of which are available on the social website YouTube and dubbed in Egyptian Arabic. The video depicts Muhammad as a fraud, showing him having sex and calling for massacres. Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any fashion, much less in an insulting way."
Wow, so they're going insane over a youtube video?

Maybe we should include a new item in the next GOP Platform:

-If a foreign country cannot protect a US Embassy against intrusion, the Embassy shall be closed and all aid to that foreign country shall be discontinued until such time that the Embassy can be safely opened/reopened.

www.gunfacts.info

Last edited by Swerve22 : 09-11-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 PM #9
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

You cannot reason with the unreasonable. Allowing them to protest and watch them destroy our flag for doing so displays more tolerance than they could ever comprehend. If they become violent or threaten the safety of innocents at the embassy or nearby, kill those who perpetrate it.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM #10
Swerve22

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

Quote:
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others
"abuse" is an interesting word. Speech that offends religious beliefs is "abuse" of free speech? Are we trying to say that it is blaspheme? Do we need blaspheme laws?

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM #11
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

While I think the protesters in Egypt look like idiots and are wrong for what they're doing, a slogan spray-painted on the embassy walls by protesters explains the mindset of Egyptians pretty clearly.

"If your freedom of speech has no limits, may you accept our freedom of action"
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM #12
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

"abuse" is an interesting word. Speech that offends religious beliefs is "abuse" of free speech? Are we trying to say that it is blaspheme? Do we need blaspheme laws?
I don't see it as much different than running around town calling black people "******s" or any other racial insult. Of course you can, but you're a scumbag if you do.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM #13
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Great job Marines, although I'm sure our turd leadership didn't authorize them to actually do their job. And how disrespectful of these Muslim ****s. We dump billions into their economy and this is how they repay us? Why hasn't that whole region been turned into a piece of glass by now?

Last edited by Animal_Mother : 09-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM #14
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
While I think the protesters in Egypt look like idiots and are wrong for what they're doing, a slogan spray-painted on the embassy walls by protesters explains the mindset of Egyptians pretty clearly.

"If your freedom of speech has no limits, may you accept our freedom of action
"
The bolded is what you knew you had to say to avoid getting in trouble. The italicized is how you really feel about it.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 PM #15
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
swerve, you asked me what problems I have with islam.

this would be it

supra's defense of the protesters, as well with his condemnation of the copts, proves to me that the values many muslims hold are in direct conflict with those we cherish in the secular democratic world.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 PM #16
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
"If your freedom of speech has no limits, may you accept our freedom of action"

So apparently Egyptians don't value life or property rights.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM #17
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
supra's defense of the protesters, as well with his condemnation of the copts, proves to me that the values many muslims hold are in direct conflict with those we cherish in the secular democratic world.
And as I pointed out, the only real solution to this, is total and unforgiving genocide. Wipe the muslum/islamic faith from the face of earth.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM #18
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
And as I pointed out, the only real solution to this, is total and unforgiving genocide. Wipe the muslum/islamic faith from the face of earth.
You are one crazy *** mother ****er.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM #19
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
swerve, you asked me what problems I have with islam.

this would be it

I agree completely, I'm glat we have at least one piece of common ground

I don't for a second assume that your everyday muslim such as supra would do something like that or directly support it, but I find it troubling the way that many appear to halfheartedly condemn while sympathizing with the excuses and the values behind the actions of radicals.

That being said I am 100% against Overbears proposed solution of genocide for obvious reasons. As a religious person myself my ONLY problem with any sort of religion is when it becomes an instrument for harming or intimidating or othewise aversly affecting others.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM #20
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

There is a difference between crazy and stupid.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 PM #21
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
The bolded is what you knew you had to say to avoid getting in trouble. The italicized is how you really feel about it.
No, the bold is how I feel about the issue and the italicized is what I understand the reality to be by not being ignorant of the cultural sensitivities of the Egyptian population.