Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM #1
WAKEUPBRUTAL

Shockers still relevant 2013?

I had a DM7 and loved it switched to a newer Etek 3 and also love the marker and now I'm looking into getting something to play with was thinking about a shocker to have something play with are they still relevant or are there better choices for the price?
Virtue Crown
NDZ Feed Neck
NDZ Bolt & Spring Kit
WAKEUPBRUTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
They are like an antique, they aren't for everyone, and they aren't a gun you can just buy and play.

I think they can be made into one of the best performing guns you've ever seen with enough love and work, but I wouldn't call a stock shocker one of the top performers.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:59 PM #3
Jimmy Robo
Collects Rare JT masks

Imo they are air inefficient (gas hogs). Much like the new cars that are made these days with much better gas mileage....there are new and better options out there. Unless u absolutely like an old skool overwieght marker.

If u are looking for mid grade or high ends start with an axe, etek 4, older egos like ego9, 10 or 11 which are extremely air efficient. G6r, dms, bob long vice or closer.

My whole team plays with axes and i was skeptical to get one since i like my egos and also own a closer. I was pleasantly surprised how much bang for my buck i got out of this marker. Empire did a great job with this mid level marker.

But you should probably try each marker out to see what u like. As far as the shocker is concerned. I give it a thumbs down
Jimmy Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM #4
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Robo View Post
Imo they are air inefficient (gas hogs). Much like the new cars that are made these days with much better gas mileage....there are new and better options out there. Unless u absolutely like an old skool overwieght marker.

If u are looking for mid grade or high ends start with an axe, etek 4, older egos like ego9, 10 or 11 which are extremely air efficient. G6r, dms, bob long vice or closer.

My whole team plays with axes and i was skeptical to get one since i like my egos and also own a closer. I was pleasantly surprised how much bang for my buck i got out of this marker. Empire did a great job with this mid level marker.

But you should probably try each marker out to see what u like. As far as the shocker is concerned. I give it a thumbs down
Which is why I made the point that they can be made to shoot better with the right parts and knowledge. If you get an eigenbolt you can shoot over a case from a 68/45 easily
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 PM #5
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Shockers are great guns despite what is said above me. Sure, a stock shocker is nothing special, but i'd say a stock NXT is just as good as an etek3.... you just have a trade off of less efficiency but gain a little better shot quality.

A modded shocker can be a completely different beast though, and can be decently efficient if you make it run on low pressure. I just used my pooty shocker today during a practice and it shot fantastic.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM #6
Mav
Paintburrets

plays in the NXL
Mav plays in the APPA D4 division
Mav supports Shocker RSX
Mav supports Ninja Paintball
2 years ago my BL went down two weeks out from PALS Thailand. I bought a 2k5 Dynasty for $300, changed the ASA/board and won the D2 Event. I'd say they are still relevant, especially with the low prices and ability to customize. Besides, if you've never had any experience with them there's plenty of good dudes in the shocker forum who can help you out.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 AM #7
p8ntballer101
YETI

p8ntballer101 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
p8ntballer101 supports Ninja Paintball
my favorite guns were from sp. but they died. its cool id buy one and an mech autococker just t have but savr up and get something that has a warranty. luxe
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM #8
war009
Fluffy Bunnies Pump

war009 donated to help Peyton Trent
war009 supports our troops
war009 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
war009 is Boss
Yes the right ups a shocker will last a while plus the shocker section has a bunch if guys that are willing to help you out with them...but the downside depending were you play you may not have a lot in person techs that can help you out
Fluffy Bunnies Pump....RIP RM #01/Yorosaru
Smartballer PB Like Us on Facebook
Shocker Owners/Pump OT
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM #9
Mr.Dirt

They sling paint at 300 fps, and will shoot as fast as you pull the trigger, so I'd say their still relevant. Go shoot one for yourself and see how you like it.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07 AM #10
aquadgio1
Im your huckleberry

aquadgio1 is a Supporting Member
aquadgio1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aquadgio1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was a shocker hater from the early days of 2003, after buying 2 private label shockers (Dynasty NXT, Russian Legion NXT), i love em. Set up correctly, they are super smooth shooters and sling paint like any 2013 marker. Get a private label Shocker and just make sure you have a upgraded board and you should be fine. Just remember to keep your internals lubed and orings checked. I never understood why kids always think a marker is not relevant just for the simple fact its an older marker (pre 2005). All older high ends can keep up with todays so called high ends.
NEXUS SHOOTING VID
Black Widow Paintball
Krush's Paint & Air
Stick-Em Paintball
Velocity Paintball

Last edited by aquadgio1 : 02-02-2013 at 11:42 AM.
aquadgio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 AM #11
SKI008

plays in the NXL
Yeah except they now cost twice as much as they did in 2003 and they talk to you

If I were getting a shocker I'd try to get one of the cocker threaded ones (I want to say Shocktech and Freeflow both had cocker threads but I could be wrong) and shove a Lurker bolt in it.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM #12
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Yeah except they now cost twice as much as they did in 2003 and they talk to you

If I were getting a shocker I'd try to get one of the cocker threaded ones (I want to say Shocktech and Freeflow both had cocker threads but I could be wrong) and shove a Lurker bolt in it.
ZDSPB has a list of them (well, has ALL shockers listed, but also mentions which have what threads). SFT: octane, shocktech, dark & hybrid. NXT: same as before plus naughty dogs, evil, & tremor.

Stock NXT's are still nice, imo. They updated just enough over the SFT to still be relevant today. I finally got an NXT immediately after moving and love it... sold it to my cousin, but he has been ordered to never let it go.

Last edited by nerdcore : 02-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote