PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:04 PM #64
Ben Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
How does God exist? Don't give me some "You have to believe" because that same excuse is used for the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. Truly, explain to me how it exist.
If matter can not be created or destroyed how is there matter? But most importantly God exists because God says he does, "I am who am"

Paint what is your opinion on the Santa Clause and Easter bunny. I think originally it isnt all bad but it definaly has drawn the youth away from God. I think it is a shame when parents teach there kids more about them than God.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2006, 03:31 PM #65
ThunderpigsGO
joined in '04

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217
Great thread going on here. Nice to see no flaming. My question...and yes this might sound funny but I'm actually quite interested to see what you think...Did Adam and Eve have a belly button? I think they did but thats my opinion.
i doubt it because they weren't born from a mother, so they didnt have an ambillecal cord, and therefore, no bellybutton
Old 05-20-2006, 04:58 PM #66
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraBoy
what are the 12 gifts? I think I have the gift of prophecy =\
12 Gifts?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
I'd concentrate on walking in love more than the gift.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:01 PM #67
Stealth Strokin

Why does the Bible shun the path of knowledge?

ie; stay away from the tree of knowledge and also perhaps the scripture you just posted?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:09 PM #68
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
How does God exist? Don't give me some "You have to believe" because that same excuse is used for the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. Truly, explain to me how it exist.
How does God exist? - I have no clue. Through 20+ years of study and experience, I know that He does.

If you'd like to PM me I can explain further, but I've found the proof I need to know 100% that He does exist. Additionally, I know His word and His voice.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:16 PM #69
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Strokin
Why does the Bible shun the path of knowledge?
It does?

Quote:
1 Samuel 2:3
“Talk no more so very proudly;Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the LORD is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed.
Quote:
2 Chron 1:11 Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king— 12 wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.”
Quote:
Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Quote:
Romans 15:14 Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
And there's LOTS more. The tree in the garden was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil..

God is not against knowledge.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:21 PM #70
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lynch
Paint what is your opinion on the Santa Clause and Easter bunny. I think originally it isnt all bad but it definaly has drawn the youth away from God. I think it is a shame when parents teach there kids more about them than God.
When the kids were little we celebrated the holidays in a number of different ways that included Sant and the Easter bunny - it was fun. But, the focus always was on Jesus.

IMO - some Christians just have to learn how to unclench.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:08 PM #71
Another Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Goat
Why do you back some laws from the Old Testament and not others?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:28 PM #72
backinwhite

When did you realize that you wanted to choose this as your vocation?
Old 05-20-2006, 08:34 PM #73
Buff 08
There is no substitute

Buff 08 is a Supporting Member
Buff 08 is a founding member
Why is it that in Christianity to get into heaven it depends more on your faith to god? As compared to Judiasm where it is more important to follow gods laws rather then faith.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:37 PM #74
aqua5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $oup
If good people who believe in god and christianity go to heaven, what happens to the muslims, jews, hindus, buddists, and all those other people? do they go to hell because they believe in something different? sorry for the almost stereotypical question here, but it does kinda bug me now and then.
I would love too see an answer for this!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:49 PM #75
Ben Lynch

Here is the way I see it, The Greatest commandment is Love the Lord with your whole heart, mind, and soul with all your strength. Unless that is followed you cant get to Heaven. Jews and Muslims believe in the same God so they along with Christians are most likely to get to go to Heaven. Buddists and Hindus dont believe in the same God. Thats why I think it is important to pray for conversion and forgivness.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:53 PM #76
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Goat
Why do you back some laws from the Old Testament and not others?
Sorry I missed this earlier.

Some of the laws in the Old Testament (IE the Levitical Laws) have to do with Israel and worship in the Old Testament. They don't apply to today because Jesus fulfilled them.

That's why we don't go through the sacrifices etc. etc.

As for the Commandments - Jesus Himslef it was summed up in two -

1) Love the Lord yoour God with all your heart, all your mind...

2) Love your neighbor as yourself...

I'll look it up if you'd like.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 PM #77
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinwhite
When did you realize that you wanted to choose this as your vocation?
I realized it when I was 26 years old - about a year after my Salvation. It's been the best hard thing I've ever done.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 PM #78
4rtshark

despite the publishings of saints, scholars and your peers, would you still agree that ultimate willingness and faith lay in the churchgoers themselves?

of course you do; that was loaded. now my question is how do you promote this personal faith?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:58 PM #79
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff 08
Why is it that in Christianity to get into heaven it depends more on your faith to god? As compared to Judiasm where it is more important to follow gods laws rather then faith.
Great Question!!

Christianity is the only 'faith' that entrance to Heaven is a gift freely given. I've studied Islam, Bahai, Budism, Mormonism and Judism in several comparative Religion courses I've taken.

Each requires specific works and in some cases pilgrimages to make it to "heaven".
Old 05-20-2006, 11:59 PM #80
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua5
I would love too see an answer for this!
You will find it in Romans 10: 8-10
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 AM #81
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rtshark
how do you promote this personal faith?
I think the greatest promotion of my personal faith is the way I live my life in front of others. My word, my actions speak much louder than any sermon I've ever preached.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 AM #82
pballa31

How did god say "Let there be light" then instantly there was light if it takes how ever long for the light from the sun to actually reach earth?
Old 05-21-2006, 12:07 AM #83
4rtshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint
I think the greatest promotion of my personal faith is the way I live my life in front of others. My word, my actions speak much louder than any sermon I've ever preached.
you're simplifying and dodging my questions. do you directly promote a personal, non-doctrinary aspect of faith to your churchgoers.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:07 AM #84
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballa31
How did god say "Let there be light" then instantly there was light if it takes how ever long for the light from the sun to actually reach earth?
Well, God said "let there be light" three days before He made the sun. So obviously the source of the "light" was not the sun.

Quote:
Gen 1:15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.