Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 AM #1
jakerocks12345

jakerocks12345 supports Team VICIOUS
jakerocks12345 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd 2 on KICKSTARTER

Hi Gamers!
Most of you guys probably know about this, but I didn't see a Thread about it, so I thought I'd post this thread telling all you fine folks about Greg Hastings new game, "Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd 2" coming on Mac, PC and Linux Platforms. You can find the Kickstarter for the Game here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...intball-maxd-2 and if you donate at least $15, you get a Digital Copy of the Game for Mac, PC, or Linux! I am very excited about this, especially because it is the only Greg Hastings game to be on PC (and Mac and Linux). So, in closing, I already backed this project, and really hope it gets the Money it needs; this game can be amazing with out help. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer them. Happy Gaming (and Balling, of course)!
Dislikes: People's Knees.
jakerocks12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 AM #2
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

has been a member for 10 years
I'll probably back it just because, but it looks like its going to be crap. Max'd was the only decent paintball game to ever exist, I just don't see the player base being that decent. Obviously enough people asked for it that they are giving it a try, but I don't know..

I just hope they actually improve the game, but not brutally **** it like they did with GHP2.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM #3
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't have a great PC and I'm not sure I will anytime in the ear future. Not to mention after the **** fest that was GHTP2 I don't have enough confidence to actually back this project.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
midman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:46 AM #4
paintballking72

Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post
I don't have a great PC and I'm not sure I will anytime in the ear future. Not to mention after the **** fest that was GHTP2 I don't have enough confidence to actually back this project.
I'm building another PC in the nose future.

Yeah I'm very skeptical. Only really backing it because I'm all for more paintball games, at the same time, I don't want ****ty ones.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM #5
jakerocks12345

Honestly, I'm trying to understand what you guys disliked about GHTP 2, it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it (not as bad as almost everybody says it is) and was better than that PoS NPPL 2009.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 PM #6
paintballking72

I would have to play it again, to remember exactly what it was that I disliked, but I feel that it was a graphical improvement over GHTP Max'd, but the gameplay was just cheesy.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:33 PM #7
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sorry about the misspellings, posting from my phone messes me up sometimes. The reason I didn't enjoy GHTP2 was because I felt that even though graphically it was a step in the right direction, the gameplay just sucked. It wasn't fun, the AI was dumb, the gunplay didn't feel the way it should IMO, the tournaments felt tedious more than enjoyable, especially considering most people don't want to play woods ball they want to play air ball. What I want is to be able to see the streams of paint leaving my gun and my opponents guns, to be able to tuck into bunkers, actual speed ball formats and tournament series, better and more intelligent AI that play and react more like actual players. I was just very disappointed overall with the entire game, especially after it was hyped up to be such an improvement over Max'd. They tried to change too much and it but them in the ***. I'd love to back this game, but without the guarantee that it would make it to console I can't justify spending the money.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
midman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:55 PM #8
jakerocks12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post
Sorry about the misspellings, posting from my phone messes me up sometimes. The reason I didn't enjoy GHTP2 was because I felt that even though graphically it was a step in the right direction, the gameplay just sucked. It wasn't fun, the AI was dumb, the gunplay didn't feel the way it should IMO, the tournaments felt tedious more than enjoyable, especially considering most people don't want to play woods ball they want to play air ball. What I want is to be able to see the streams of paint leaving my gun and my opponents guns, to be able to tuck into bunkers, actual speed ball formats and tournament series, better and more intelligent AI that play and react more like actual players. I was just very disappointed overall with the entire game, especially after it was hyped up to be such an improvement over Max'd. They tried to change too much and it but them in the ***. I'd love to back this game, but without the guarantee that it would make it to console I can't justify spending the money.
I see where your coming from, yeah. I still found it to be enjoyable... Max'd was better, but I found GHTP 2 pretty fun. From the Video, I think this is going to be a Remake of Max'd, with graphical improvements, and some new Mechanics. They also mentioned the great AI in Max'd in the Video, looks like they know there mistakes, and are basing this game off of Max'd completely.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 PM #9
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

PaInTeRjOe_BkO is reppin' sidebar 4 life
ok first of all creeper status in the beginning
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM #10
jakerocks12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTeRjOe_BkO View Post
ok first of all creeper status in the beginning
Am I supposed to understand what the hell you just said? I'm getting bad vibes from whatever it is you said; that's not good.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM #11
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
MAX'D was developed by WXP (who also developed the original game).

GHP2 was developed by another studio, who is producing the phenomenal iOS game which is coming out soon.

This would be a true sequel to the original games, and will focus heavily on tournament level multiplayer, and the awesomeness that was the original games (fast, lots of speed style maps, and the features from MAX'D).

They're also going at this one themselves in lieu of a publisher. This mean they don't have the restrictions on them a publisher would implement. So they can design the game they've always wanted without hard time tables, people telling them what to make who don't even play the sport, etc

If it gets funded its going to be insane.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:31 PM #12
jakerocks12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
MAX'D was developed by WXP (who also developed the original game).

GHP2 was developed by another studio, who is producing the phenomenal iOS game which is coming out soon.

This would be a true sequel to the original games, and will focus heavily on tournament level multiplayer, and the awesomeness that was the original games (fast, lots of speed style maps, and the features from MAX'D).

They're also going at this one themselves in lieu of a publisher. This mean they don't have the restrictions on them a publisher would implement. So they can design the game they've always wanted without hard time tables, people telling them what to make who don't even play the sport, etc

If it gets funded its going to be insane.
This. This game has the potential to be awesome. If we can work together, we can get this game funded.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM #13
paintballking72

Good points. As I said, I'll probably donate no matter what.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 PM #14
jakerocks12345

Something I am really excited about this game is that it is on PC. I kept asking Greg if GHTP 2 was coming on PC with no answer, but this is far better.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM #15
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

I'm sorry but I don't see 600,000 anytime in the near future.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 PM #16
jakerocks12345

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't see 600,000 anytime in the near future.
I'm sorry but I don't appreciate your negativity. If you don't have hope in this Game Succeeding, why are you reading this thread? I think we can get this game to $600,000 if we work as a community and keep people like you mucking it up.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 PM #17
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Tell you what, if it reaches 2,000$ then I'll donate. I've always wanted a game to match up with DPB and still nothing has. A paintball game would be so easy to make if you have the funds, even if it is a low budget for a game. Greg Hastings has ****ed it up too many times. I will gladly support once I see potential in it.

However, just the fact that it will be on PC is a very bright note. As long as there is mod support.

Last edited by PaInTeRjOe_BkO : 11-23-2012 at 08:22 PM.
PaInTeRjOe_BkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 PM #18
paintballking72

$600,000 is a pretty high goal for a game that only a certain player base will buy. Not to mention that it seems that it is only for PC. Won't stop me from donated, as I have said, but that is a high goal.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM #19
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
$600,000 is a pretty high goal for a game that only a certain player base will buy. Not to mention that it seems that it is only for PC. Won't stop me from donated, as I have said, but that is a high goal.
Yeah, if they just use the same engine as the first and just add new maps, gear, player models, such and such. I don't see what they need 600,000$ for. GHTP1 was the best one, in my opinion. Then they tried to do stupid **** and ruined it. Just go back to the roots.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 PM #20
jakerocks12345

Quote:
Yeah, if they just use the same engine as the first and just add new maps, gear, player models, such and such. I don't see what they need 600,000$ for. GHTP1 was the best one, in my opinion. Then they tried to do stupid **** and ruined it. Just go back to the roots.
I will have to disagree with you on how GHTP was better than Max'd. Max'd brought many Improvements to the Game; in Max'd, they are updating the Engine, and adding a lot more gear.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 PM #21
paintballking72

I honestly don't even remember the differences between those two. I think max'd was the only one I actually owned and played alot.