Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM #22
PROTOuserM6

PROTOuserM6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PROTOuserM6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvandezande
Yeah we should have a young guns team starting pretty soon, we will let you know when more comes up
Awesome. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 03:06 PM #23
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

has been a member for 10 years
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by BREW CITY PB : 03-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM #24
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

[/IMG]

WWW.BREWCITYPAINTBALL.COM
BREWCITYPAINTBALL@YAHOO.COM
www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM #25
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

Check Out All The New Lights At Brew City Paintball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREW CITY PB View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Sunglasses!

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 PM #26
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

[IMG][/IMG]

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM #27
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

more pics!

[IMG][/IMG]

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM #28
PROTOuserM6

You don't have to listen to me but I think that one day a week you should allow people to bring in there own (average quality) paint, not the really crappy stuff that stains clothing. I think that a lot more people would like to come and play because your paint prices are pretty reasonable but they aren't cheap. Again this is just a suggestion and you don't have to listen but this is just an idea and this would definitely make me come play a lot more.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM #29
gvandezande

gvandezande owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gvandezande plays in the APPA beginner division
gvandezande has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gvandezande has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOuserM6 View Post
You don't have to listen to me but I think that one day a week you should allow people to bring in there own (average quality) paint, not the really crappy stuff that stains clothing. I think that a lot more people would like to come and play because your paint prices are pretty reasonable but they aren't cheap. Again this is just a suggestion and you don't have to listen but this is just an idea and this would definitely make me come play a lot more.
The problem is that selling paint is where brew city makes their money, if you take away their paint sales then you wont have a brew city anymore. Also they only use white eco fill paintballs because it keeps the place clean and free from oil base paint. Keeping it field paint only keeps the business alive, the place clean, and free of headaches for the people working.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM #30
seanr

Quote:

I think that Eric is doing a great job as far as pricing for what he offers. To allow a "average quality" paint, leaves less than "average" sustainability for a business. His prices are MORE than reasonable for what he offers the industry, let alone the area. Plenty of people will still frequent, regardless of bringing some wal-mart/dicks sporting goods/ebay paint that they try and pawn off as your "average quality" idea.

Support local business, in this case, Brew City.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 PM #31
PROTOuserM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvandezande

The problem is that selling paint is where brew city makes their money, if you take away their paint sales then you wont have a brew city anymore. Also they only use white eco fill paintballs because it keeps the place clean and free from oil base paint. Keeping it field paint only keeps the business alive, the place clean, and free of headaches for the people working.
Yes and I totally understand that is where the money making is and that why it doesn't really matter to me if he does or doesn't but I just thought that he might attract a few more customers if he did allow BYOP every once and awhile.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 PM #32
PROTOuserM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanr

I think that Eric is doing a great job as far as pricing for what he offers. To allow a "average quality" paint, leaves less than "average" sustainability for a business. His prices are MORE than reasonable for what he offers the industry, let alone the area. Plenty of people will still frequent, regardless of bringing some wal-mart/dicks sporting goods/ebay paint that they try and pawn off as your "average quality" idea.

Well I understand that he is using high quality paint. His prices are pretty high compared to the siege and a couple other places. I only go to Brew City because it's the best field in the area. If the siege had a lil bit of a nicer field I would go there because there paint prices are a little more affordable to an everyday person. I have lots of respect for Eric and he is running a very nice facility and I totally understand with the paint quality but $80 a case seems a little expensive. I understand that, that is where he makes his money and he's right, the paint is a money maker but I think the extra customers on the BYOP days may compensate for the money lost on his paint that day. I'm just guessing here, I'm not saying it will but it's just a thought.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM #33
PROTOuserM6

Quote:

And I do support a local business. I really try to help out the locals so they stick around because I used to play at CMP and they went under pretty quickly and I definitely don't want that to happen to Eric. He is a great guy and I try to play there as much as possible but the pricing can get a little outrageous at some fields and I don't want his field to be that way. To expensive of paint is also a money loser because then no one will buy it. Just saying! Love Brew City and the workers and hope to get out tomorrow or sometime soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 PM #34
seanr

Quote:
And I do support a local business. I really try to help out the locals so they stick around because I used to play at CMP and they went under pretty quickly and I definitely don't want that to happen to Eric. He is a great guy and I try to play there as much as possible but the pricing can get a little outrageous at some fields and I don't want his field to be that way. To expensive of paint is also a money loser because then no one will buy it. Just saying! Love Brew City and the workers and hope to get out tomorrow or sometime soon.
People wanting something for nothing, that's what happens. Eric seems to have a solid business plan, and has been around for quite a while. I trust in what he's doing, and will support him in anyway I can. He's seen the mistakes other fields have made, and covered a lot more bases than I'm sure people know. Owning an online retailer that is pretty well known (not sure if you buy parts or gear online, but he has extremely competitive pricing) and offers lazer tag, also a big money bringer at little to no cost. He has a bit of something for everyone. I'll stop cluttering this and just let you keep spitballing ideas.

But I will leave saying this - You posted wanting to join a young guns team at this field. Now, you're saying you'd go elsewhere if a field was nicer, when you have a great field in front of you? Where's the customer loyalty there? You think costs of "practicing" are high? Try travelling playing tournaments, at prices OTHER fields not supporting your endeavors charge. That's a full time job in itself.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:03 PM #35
PROTOuserM6

Quote:

People wanting something for nothing, that's what happens. Eric seems to have a solid business plan, and has been around for quite a while. I trust in what he's doing, and will support him in anyway I can. He's seen the mistakes other fields have made, and covered a lot more bases than I'm sure people know. Owning an online retailer that is pretty well known (not sure if you buy parts or gear online, but he has extremely competitive pricing) and offers lazer tag, also a big money bringer at little to no cost. He has a bit of something for everyone. I'll stop cluttering this and just let you keep spitballing ideas.

But I will leave saying this - You posted wanting to join a young guns team at this field. Now, you're saying you'd go elsewhere if a field was nicer, when you have a great field in front of you? Where's the customer loyalty there? You think costs of "practicing" are high? Try travelling playing tournaments, at prices OTHER fields not supporting your endeavors charge. That's a full time job in itself.
Yea that's true I see your point and he has achieved a lot and I don't want to play else where I love brew city I just want to be able to play more often than I do because I just don't have the money for a $80 case. He does have pretty good prices, I've seen better, but I can't complain like I was because he does run a great field and if it takes the paint prices like this to keep the field this nice then I'm willing to support him.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM #36
marcus71
Retired

does someone have a spare gun so i can learn how to play??? PM if you can help me out
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM #37
PROTOuserM6

Just finished up playing and had a great time. The layout is good and I like the $60 deal for a case. Keep up the good work and hope to see you guys in 2 weeks to play again.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM #38
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

maybe lmk i can teach you....

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 PM #39
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

I want to say thanks to everyone for the comments and ideas. You guys have it exactly right though. We want our field to look like we just opened every day you come to play here. I have played at over 20 fields over the years ( not counting events ) and for the most part they have all folded. Once a facility turns into a dump, it's over. I AM COMMITTED to having one of the nicest indoors in the country and I have a recipe for this. Good paint and staff are the only way to do this. I really hate being an a-hole about the outside paint and byop stuff but plain and simple-the oil will ruin our bunkers and turf before you know it. I always welcome ALL comments both positive and negative. It's how I can make you all a better field. PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED US AND HELPED US ALONG THE WAY!

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-20-2012, 11:14 PM #40
BREW CITY PB
BREW CITY PAINTBALL

One last thing...

I know how expensive paintball is and we do try to help out with tournament player deals.

Tuesday is $59.95 a case with free air and entry if you buy a case. PSP field.

Sunday morning is $64.95 a case with free air and entry if you buy a case from 8-930 AM. PSP field.

We always have refs and we still use the normal high grade paint WE ALWAYS SHOOT HERE and don't lower our standards to "give people a deal".

I just make less money because I love the sport and want it to be around when my kids are old enough to play.....

www.Lasertagtogo.com
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM #41
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER plays in the APPA D5 division
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
MU WISCOBALLER supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Just finished up playing and had a great time. The layout is good and I like the $60 deal for a case. Keep up the good work and hope to see you guys in 2 weeks to play again.
Were you the guy with the grey PM6 out there with the rentals last night? We were scrimming the Wisconsin/UWW guys, and I can say, if you want to play on a young guns team, you should not be playing with rentals. If you want to get better, play teams that are better than you, and when you get out, ask what you did wrong.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM #42
PROTOuserM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU WISCOBALLER

Were you the guy with the grey PM6 out there with the rentals last night? We were scrimming the Wisconsin/UWW guys, and I can say, if you want to play on a young guns team, you should not be playing with rentals. If you want to get better, play teams that are better than you, and when you get out, ask what you did wrong.
I was sticking back with my friend that didn't want to play with them. I wanted to play with you guys because it looked pretty fun. Who were you?