PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM #1
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

Exclamation 5v5 race2-5 tournament in Bismark!

There will be a 5 on 5 race2-5 format speed ball tournament being hosted this summer at three brothers paintball in Bismark (yes we are currently in the process of constructing a great air ball field). Details will be all hammered out by the end of this week and posted in this thread! Hit me up if interested and like i said check back for details later this week.
MaxL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM #2
HybridPB

has been a member for 10 years
HybridPB owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
is it indoor?
HybridPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM #3
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

its outdoor however its in the one place in north dakota where wind wont be a factor its down near a river bottom and thousands of trees actually surround three brothers paintball. so now worries about wind being a crazy factor. Also since its outdoor were trying to get some bands to play and will defiantly have the BBQs going. Trying to make it a really good time to promote this new air ball field.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:15 PM #4
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

I can also tell you its going to be a 4 tournament series, with prizes for each individual tournaments as well as a grand prize for the winner of the series. And field layouts will be released 3 weeks in advance of each tourney and available to practice on at three brothers paintball. Or if you have a home field and wanna set it up to practice or whatever. Also were up for any suggestions you guys have just throw it out there
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM #5
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Csy_Ericks0n supports Team VICIOUS
Csy_Ericks0n is an NCPA player
Csy_Ericks0n plays in the APPA D5 division
Csy_Ericks0n supports Ninja Paintball
I played for aimless factory out of south dakota, just curious what you guys are gonna do for tournament series?
Csy_Ericks0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 PM #6
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

well like i said were working out the details still but right now its looking like its going to be about 250.00 for entry fees its going to be on a pretty much standard psp field, a race2-5 format with 15 min of game time and a roster can be as big as 10 (to help with cost we understand) and series paint only. Were defiantly hoping to get a good turn out of some more experienced teams. Prizes for first right now were looking at 500-750 cash prize a few boxes of paint a trophy and medals. Its our first year doing it and to be honest we don't know what to expect its for sure something we want to expand on and grow to help the paintball community especially in the Dakotas where it seems like a good speed ball field is hard to find. If we can get a good grasp on the teams joining ahead of time we are of course going to try and bracket teams with more experience together. My team Dakota Reckless is going to ref it we all have a lot of experience reffing and were all over the age of 21 so its not a bunch of kids out there reffing (no offense to 16 year olds who ref) but age can be a problem sometimes in my experience at least. Like I said its not going to be the world but its defiantly some thing and i know were all going to make it worth anyone who joins up while. So if you feel like you have a quality team or at least a team with tourney experience be sure to let us know or hook me up with a APPA link or something. Sorry if i didn't answer your question man anything else you wanna know just be specific and ask away. On a side note any d1-d4 teams wanna scrim us through out the summer to that'd be awesome were trying to hit Chicago open and some other stuff up, so just holler at me.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM #7
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csy_Ericks0n View Post
I played for aimless factory out of south dakota, just curious what you guys are gonna do for tournament series?
Let's militia up for this.
diablodow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:09 AM #8
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Csy_Ericks0n supports Team VICIOUS
Csy_Ericks0n is an NCPA player
Csy_Ericks0n plays in the APPA D5 division
Csy_Ericks0n supports Ninja Paintball
Casey twin powers activate!
Csy_Ericks0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 AM #9
Syrup49

Syrup49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Syrup49 plays in the APPA D5 division
we'll have at least 1 group that'd be interested
Syrup49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM #10
AAF

Race 2 5? As in "race to 5 points"?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:52 AM #11
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

yea a race to 5 points
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM #12
Jailbot

Jailbot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jailbot supports Team VICIOUS
Is it going to be an appa official tourney that you have to register for? Or are you guys just accepting anyone who signs up and throwing them all together?
Jailbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 PM #13
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

no its not a appa tourney as much as id love it to be. Just any 5 to 10 guys who wanna make a team and play speed ball in north dakota which is rare. In the future yes it will be an appa event for sure but this being our first year were just trying to get a feel for how many teams were going to get in the first place let alone d2-d4 players
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM #14
Jailbot

Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM #15
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

hey man doing what we can with what we have. You show me all the divinsonal teams here or any that would be willing to drive to no where North Dakota to play. Just opening an air ball field and trying to promote the sport with this not trying to have matty marshall there calling it, just something for fun. Until we get this field up there isn't even a single air ball field in this state that i know of so not expecting a tun of people to really know how to play on it let alone enough to run a legit appa event
Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM #16
Catfishjoe

Catfishjoe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Catfishjoe supports Team VICIOUS
Catfishjoe plays in the APPA D4 division
Have you forgotten about the players on the east side of the state that have been playing tourney ball for the last decade?
Catfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM #17
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

Not at all if there is a big enough group its only march we can def set something up that would be APPA. Id love to do something like the vicious or MWXL i just dont see ND producing even four or five D4 or D3 teams id love to be wrong and I hope I am, just point me in the right direction and we can hook something up. Being from chicago orginally I just didint see much of a scene up here
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM #18
Jailbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Being from chicago orginally I just didint see much of a scene up here
There isn't. But most of the tourney players out of this state are from the Fargo-Moorhead area. They play for FU (Fargo United) and the VP Superfriends. They play D3-D5. To my knowledge they are the only active tourney teams in ND at the moment.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:36 PM #19
el pengo

el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I would suggest starting simple with a 3man event.

The logistics of playing real-time Race 2 is overwhelming (ie air in the pits, scoreboard, paint consumption, etc.. etc..).

Having run over 70 tournaments (including numerous events in ND)--I can assure you there is not the player base to support a 5man series, let alone a Race 2 Format unless you consider 3 teams "an event".

Whatever you do, good luck. It's been awhile since ND had a tournament, let alone a series.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM #20
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailbot View Post
There isn't. But most of the tourney players out of this state are from the Fargo-Moorhead area. They play for FU (Fargo United) and the VP Superfriends. They play D3-D5. To my knowledge they are the only active tourney teams in ND at the moment.
Same here. Minot had a team that would do local events and LTN used to play I29 but that's all I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
I would suggest starting simple with a 3man event.

The logistics of playing real-time Race 2 is overwhelming (ie air in the pits, scoreboard, paint consumption, etc.. etc..).

Having run over 70 tournaments (including numerous events in ND)--I can assure you there is not the player base to support a 5man series, let alone a Race 2 Format unless you consider 3 teams "an event".

Whatever you do, good luck. It's been awhile since ND had a tournament, let alone a series.
This. The events I've seen done at a local level were all round robin because you don't have to worry about too many people and everyone gets field time. The Bismarck speedball tournament drew 6 five man teams most of which were woodsball players.
diablodow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM #21
MaxL
snacksonsnacksonsnacks

well for sure if you think bumpin it down to a three man would help the turn out I'm all for it. I'm just trying to promote the sport and introduce speedball to people. I'm here for suggestions like is said its only march we got a few months before the really nice weather kicks in so can get it worked out. So right now im goin to rework stuff a little bit maybe change it to a three man format change around some other things. Still feel free to contact me if your interested in participating.