PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-15-2002, 09:16 PM #1
Stray Bullet

Help in Rainmaker disassembly, please.

I have the marker stripped but I can't get the piston off the lower body to get the striker and carrier out. Can anybody help me with any suggestions.

Last edited by Stray Bullet : 12-15-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2002, 02:45 AM #2
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Talking make sure you have out

The screw that holds the ram.It has to be completely out.Once that is done,make sure the carrier and stiker are not connected.If so,trip it with a flat tip.Asumming you have the top cover off and the connector rod out(holds bolt and carrier together).Start to twist left and right.The ram should start to lossen and come out.This can only be done when top and lower reciever are seperated.Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 12-16-2002, 05:03 PM #3
Stray Bullet

I did it.

I finally got the piston out of the body but had to get a little creative. Harbor Freight has these cheap clamps. If you bend the edges at an angle to fit in the slot of the body as so to spread the body just slightly apart. Getting the clamp to stay in a C-clamp was impossible. Then I thought of putting the modified clamp into my portable workbench. It's the kind that has the two cranks and opens a slot to put stuff in while you work on it. I closed the workbench edges with the clamp in it while the modified edges were in the slot of the body in the same spot where the piston sat in the body. I kept, very carefully, cranking on the workbench while trying to remove the piston. Finally after more pulling than cranking the piston came out of the body, whew.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:33 PM #4
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
might have had a little

metal weld.I understand they have been sitting in a warehouse for quite a few yrs.Probably on top of each other with prssure on them.I'm sure in the future you wont have this problem.Hope it works out for you.
Later,
Blackrain