crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
A new player, i will not shoot.
A little kid, i will not shoot.

A normal player, i will shoot.

An *******, i will shoot a lot.

I love this.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2011, 05:12 PM #44
Jrob33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
that ref seemed to be walking off just saying. He left his stance, and was mid step before you even said ill shoot.
Agreed, it didnt appear thet the player was gonna play on in my opinion, but I have no problem with a player that is vocal about standing up for fair play, no matter which team you are on. if more players would do that, maybe we wouldnt have such an attitude of everybody does it, or its just part of the game douchebag mentality.
Jrob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:38 PM #45
douwannaplaypb

has been a member for 10 years
I played tournament and recball. I play with recballers for fun not to wreck them. I will go out there with my hopper full and a pack of empty pods and try and run to the 40 or 50 off the break and try to one shot everyone :p I find it quite fun to play recball and act like a fool and make it fun for them also if they shoot me off the break lol
douwannaplaypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 AM #46
judgementday273
tHE jUDGE

judgementday273 supports Sherwood Forest
judgementday273 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by douwannaplaypb View Post
I played tournament and recball. I play with recballers for fun not to wreck them. I will go out there with my hopper full and a pack of empty pods and try and run to the 40 or 50 off the break and try to one shot everyone :p I find it quite fun to play recball and act like a fool and make it fun for them also if they shoot me off the break lol

Yes, I find myself sometimes just filling up my pinokio and not putting on my harness and playing a little recball standing in places I shouldn't and not trying to conceal myself too much. I don't mind being shot so I will put myself out in the open to help the new and less experienced players have a good time. It also gives an opportunity for me to make sure the new players are keeping to the rules of the field.
Etha, MINI, Pinokio...
http://judgementdaypaintballblog.blogspot.com
judgementday273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 AM #47
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, I will generally try and hang back at the start of a game, let the renters and recballers move up and take positions in buildings, behind trees, etc. Let them get all the good hiding spots. I'll generally end up coming up behind them to try and direct traffic and help them have a good time. More than once, the phrase, "Don't do it" has left my mask as I've seen a renter move to step out in front of me while i'm lining up a shot from open territory. It's usually followed up by my getting lit up, but oh well, at least he got to not "die".

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM #48
douwannaplaypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgementday273 View Post

Yes, I find myself sometimes just filling up my pinokio and not putting on my harness and playing a little recball standing in places I shouldn't and not trying to conceal myself too much. I don't mind being shot so I will put myself out in the open to help the new and less experienced players have a good time. It also gives an opportunity for me to make sure the new players are keeping to the rules of the field.
Ya i keep my pack on just so its like practice. I realy just practice snap shooting one or two balls and thats pretty much it working on my form and things.
douwannaplaypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM #49
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
the first guy looked like he was cleaning it off to walk off the field, and the second clip was understandable considering you were a fair distance away with bushes and trees and crap everywhere with gear that isn't brightly colored to show your gun/hand is up. Stop complaining, play paintball.
^^^ this is also whats wrong with kids in this sport. he must be one of the people that pull that crap all the time.

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:06 PM #50
memoon
Moon Penguin

memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division

The guy in the first part of your video was obviously calling himself out as he wiped the hit. He had abandoned his playing stance, and stopped looking in the direction paint was coming from. I have more of an issue with you pointing the gun at him from that distance and saying "I'll shoot you myself" as he is walking off than with you being shot a few extra times during your second clip.

The second bit of that clip shows you calling yourself out. It also shows less than a second later getting hit again. You can't recall paint that was already in the air. The next series of hits could have probably been prevented, but it happens. You're in the woods with a bunch of rental gear. They fog, which means a lot of people (especially new people) shoot at movement. They don't see a raised gun or hand until they've already shot. It also looked like you were wearing dark clothing. That only adds to the difficulty of seeing you call yourself out.

Is this what's wrong with paintball? No. What's wrong with paintball are people that cry and scream when they don't get their way or when they feel they've been abused on the field. If you feel that you've been overshot or have someone cheating, don't yell and scream at them. Find a referee or a member of the staff and talk to them about it. Let them handle it. It's why we are there.

It must taste a little bitter to realize you were in the wrong after posting your Pulitzer-seeking documentary of a woodsball game.

tl;dr: You were wrong in the first part. You got shot a few extra times in the second part, but likely not with malicious intent.
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 PM #51
p_ballin03
Winnipeg 420 Army

p_ballin03 plays in the APPA D4 division
p_ballin03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p_ballin03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
p_ballin03 supports DLX Technology
You should have seen the situation we had occour at our field this passed weekend. there was a rec game on our urban field where one player thought it wise to hide behind an excess flap of netting, while still shooting at the opposing team. a member of the opposing team said "you go ahead and keep doing that, when you come out i'm going to light you up." So the guy behind the netting came out, and the other dude light him up. dude who came out from the netting drops his gat, rushes the other guy throws him to the ground and feeds him 4 or 5 to the dome. What to do, what to do?
p_ballin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 AM #52
TooTallNiCo

Whenever I play rec ball I try to make new players and kids feel that they are welcome in games with the regulars. I try to team up with them when I can, get them moving instead of bunching up behind the first scrap of cover they find. If I play against them I do not walk on my trigger, I just send one or two balls their way. I still have loads of fun and so do the newbies.

I've been overshot before. I still have the scars on my back from when a tourney player bunkered me from five feet away, and that was five years ago. This was not fun by any means, and I can guarantee that had it been a first-timer with rental gear he would have never come back.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this; know your adversary, and adjust your style of play accordingly. Talk with everyone that shows up for the day and eliminate the "red vs blue" mentality off of the field.

This isn't a "What's wrong with paintball" topic so much as a way to cure our problems. But the two go hand in hand I guess.
TooTallNiCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 AM #53
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
I'd like to see what happened after the first clip... Because it gets cut short.
SameBIG CHIEF - I've met plenty of tools who own a Luxe. Looks like they failed on the tool less aspect.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 AM #54
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WOW LOL. i never actually watched the vid until now but have been hovering over this for a little while. Dude, the red guy was wiping the hit so he didnt have to after he walked off. he willingly acknowledged 'oh ****, i got shot' then wiped and walked. i do that ALL the time. however on all other factors i agree with you op. damn and here i thought this was a serrous thread. (yes i know i spelled that wrong so sue me)
Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM #55
Diomedes
Nerd

Wow, lot of responses. Let me clarify a few points that are ambiguous in the video. First, the guy in red. Was he wiping? Certainly a case that he wasn't, but I'd watched him in other games, where I was either already out or didn't play, wipe hits. Several times. So in my books, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Would he have walked off in that particular instance? I'd give it a coin flip, no better.

With regard to the second bit, on the overshooting, we're not talking about a half dozen shots that were already in the air. That happens. In this case, I'm shot from the moment I put my hand up initially to when I come around the corner of the fort, about thirty hits in total. That was a decent time, surely enough for the shooter[s] to realize I was out. Secondly, as I said in the video's description, I was not the only one overshot in that game. Nearly everyone on my team was, most of whom were renters, including a ten year old who was in tears. Even assuming (very generously) that the shooter[s] simply didn't see that I was out until I was a mere 15 feet from them, it's quite a stretch to believe they made the same mistake eight or ten times.

And after these points of clarification, you're opinion remains one of "quite *****ing and play," well, thank you for you input, have a nice day.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
DarwinZDF42 <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:57 PM #56
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Maybe you should choose a new field to play at if the refs let that happen then?
SameBIG CHIEF - I've met plenty of tools who own a Luxe. Looks like they failed on the tool less aspect.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:07 PM #57
Diomedes
Nerd

Absolutely. Prior to this time out, I hadn't played at this field in about a year, due to a combination of poor maintenance and legal troubles for the owner. It just happened to be the most convenient location for the group I went with on that day.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
DarwinZDF42 <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM #58
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

You made a bad choice... lol
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 PM #59
CowPharts
Blue Whales, Deadly.

CowPharts has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs up I agree.

I agree with you completely. I hate when I see renters get overshot or I myself do. It just pisses me off.
I'm glad that I started paint balling where I did though. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started at my local field. I didnt know whether the guys there were going to be jerks or what, but I'm glad that it is the way it is.
Me and my friends started out In a beginner group for awhile which was normally rentals and such, but after a while we were considered regulars and moved into the regular group of about fourteen or so guys. We all joke around and it's a very family like atmosphere, which is surprising since we are playing guys twice our age. Although every once and a while one guy with his supped up electro shows up and overshoots the rentals or some of us. It is definitely ruining the sport for newbies, but the best way to deal with idiots like them is to tell them straight up that if they pull a stunt like that they aren't welcome.
It may take your whole group to do so, but it normally deters them from trying to bonus ball anybody again.
Thanks for reading.
CowPharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:33 AM #60
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
i actually play here a lot and it looked like you were walking straight down the field after you got shot. youre gna get bonusballed. when you get hit you gotta go straight to the woodline and get out of bounds to be safe. as for the wiper. wata dick.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:11 AM #61
kool_aid22
SlimCardCashian

kool_aid22 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 is Boss
kool_aid22 supports DLX Technology
this video contains:
1. some retard ref playing/wiping in open group
2. some buy *****ing he got shot while playing paintball

its like complaining youre getting wet at the pool...its gonna happen
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:14 AM #62
Brad Quillen

I played against renters yesterday. I used a mechanical semi (automag). Next time I think I'll just switch to a 98 custom.

By and large, renters probably don't belong on the same field as vets. They would have more fun playing amongst themselves.
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:24 AM #63
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are so worried about the renters doing good, why not help them out? I'v shown renters different tips/tricks during a game and it generally makes them feel a lot more comfortable (esp if you show them snapshooting). And your bound to get overshot in recball, its not like after the ball that hits you breaks all the others in the air become inactive. Some people aren't good enough to play without the spray and pray method.

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote