Oh and franks voice is super annoying.
FrontPlaya04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 PM #44
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiPB View Post
IMO there's Matty Marshall and then there's everyone else.
Thread Finished.

That's it. It's over. Nothing more to see here, folks.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 AM #45
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

I need a username supports Team VICIOUS
I need a username has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontPlaya04 View Post
Oh and franks voice is super annoying.
Did you hear him say his best friend oliver when he was announcing dynasty. I lol'd
I need a username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 AM #46
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

has been a member for 10 years
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
I don't know who the main MC was, but him putting "the" before every team's name was getting on my ****ing nerves! "The Dynasty 2, The Arsenal 0 with 12 minutes left"...it was annoying as hell.

The worst offender with the verbal molestation was Pev, one of the NPPL officers if I am not mistaken. I love to see pretty women, especially if they don't have a lot of clothes on...but, terrible when the leadership of a company or organization is publicly sexually harassing someone. He talked about 2 from the left side of the stands, until they found their seats on the right side of the stands.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM #47
just bein sweet

I agree with almost all of the comments in this thread.

-Professionalism is a must
-Matty Marshall is the ****

They also did not announce what games were being played. To be honest I didn't even know the XSV vs Damage game was the championship..

And if you're going to rep Sapporo so damn hard at least make it available at the venue to the people who you're announcing it to.
just bein sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM #48
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by just bein sweet View Post

They also did not announce what games were being played. To be honest I didn't even know the XSV vs Damage game was the championship..

And if you're going to rep Sapporo so damn hard at least make it available at the venue to the people who you're announcing it to.
There was confusion about what games were being played, or the current game situation all day...but everyone knew that "the cameraman was focused on the girl in the pink bikini, with the white top." <---and that **** was Pev, not even the MC.

They only made it available to the VIP section...one of the perks, I guess.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM #49
toofless916
It's not brain science.

toofless916 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
toofless916 supports Ninja Paintball
It needed to be a bit more clean (for the kids watching) and organized.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 PM #50
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

MM really makes the webcast the ****
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM #51
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by just bein sweet View Post

I watched a couple days in person and the whole thing on the webcast. I want to make sure everybody is getting the "announcers" straight.

There was one "main" announcer the entire tournament. He is known as "rockin Fig" and did the daily surf report on LA's main radio station here for 25 years and is the announcer for the US Open and other surf contests in HB. He is the one surfer guy voice that kept saying "the arsenal, the __, but he was not the annoying one. The annoying one that most have referred to when criticizing the sleazy undertones, constant sponsor pumping, and borderline harassment of girls in the stands was Mike "Pev" Peverill, the president of NPPL, and he was indeed brutal. His mauling of girls was at various points awkward for my girlfriend there with me and even me a couple times. For example, if he was in the booth, and any decent looking girl not fully clothed would walk by the front of the stands he would comment, and he made a number of comments about a particular girl that was sitting in a spot that gave him a "great view" due to the reflection from the TV/scoreboard screen in the front of the stands. He even asked the entire VIP section if they agreed with him on this point - over the speakers: awkward.

However, the play by play people on the webcast were different alltogether. Bea Paxson started and everybody has shared their opinions on her already, so Im not going to go there. Suffice it to say, she sounded a bit unprepared (whether its the NPPL's fault for not providing her with info sheets on teams, format, etc. or her fault, who knows). However, players come on intermittently and they were good to hear (Fraige, Greenspan, Frank Connell, R. Telford, Nicky Cuba etc.). I think the players were actually asked to jump on Friday when it became clear from the early half of the day (and the criticisms of Bea on pbn) that Bea needed some assistance ASAP.
Also, in the finals, a guy from Vancouver Vendetta (Dusty Cort) was very good I thought - he knew his stuff and was good at spotting and mentioning plays on the fly mid-game. He definitely lacked the personality and smoothness that M. Marshall brings to the table, but he was on top of the facts consistently, and made watching a whole lot easier after the 1st two days. So I think the NPPL should definitely take note of the above and other peoples' comments and make some changes for the rest of 2012's tournaments.

Last edited by jgill07 : 04-04-2012 at 01:07 PM.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM #52
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill07 View Post
I watched a couple days in person and the whole thing on the webcast. I want to make sure everybody is getting the "announcers" straight.

There was one "main" announcer the entire tournament. He is known as "rockin Fig" and did the daily surf report on LA's main radio station here for 25 years and is the announcer for the US Open and other surf contests in HB. He is the one surfer guy voice that kept saying "the arsenal, the __, but he was not the annoying one. The annoying one that most have referred to when criticizing the sleazy undertones, constant sponsor pumping, and borderline harassment of girls in the stands was Mike "Pev" Peverill, the president of NPPL, and he was indeed brutal. His mauling of girls was at various points akward for my girlfriend there with me and even me a couple times.

However, the play by play people on the webcast were different alltogether. Bea Paxson started and everybody has shared their opinions on her already, so Im not going to go there. Suffice it to say, she sounded a bit unprepared (whether its the NPPL's fault for not providing her with info sheets on teams, format, etc. or her fault, who knows). However, players come on intermittently and they were good to hear (Fraige, Greenspan, Frank Connell, R. TElford, etc.).
Also, in the finals, a guy from Vancouver Vendetta was very good I thought - he knew his stuff and was good at spotting and mentioning plays on the fly mid game. He def lacked the personality and smoothness that M. Marshall brings to the table, but he was on top of the facts consistently, and made watching a whole lot easier after the 1st 2 days. So I think nppl should definitely take note of the above and other peoples' comments and make some changes for the rest of 2012's tournaments.
Actually the man from Vendetta was there most of the webcast and he would spot some moves but he would usually follow it with the wrong team name or wrong player. I like having players in the booth but they needed an anchor
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM #53
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
I hated how the announcer's mic. had to be on to hear the game footage.
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 PM #54
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

I agree, and he kept muting it
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM #55
da oreo
New New

da oreo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiPB View Post
IMO there's Matty Marshall and then there's everyone else.

Exactly, ill go out of my way to watch a psp webcast. MM is the best because of everything he brings to the table. What players should do in the situations we are watching, the fact that he has met most of them and knows a back story for the player or the team and his personal experiences as a pro. The list goes on and on for why matty is the best. Then you get lasoya or steve rabackoff up there who is pretty good as well and they always have something interesting or important to say. Or a pro from dynasty etc who they interview between points so there is never any dead air time. And last but not least, todd matrinez and nicky cuba, when those guys get in the booth, you cant help but laugh at what they are saying sometimes. It's tid bits of short bus which is awesome.

Nppl webcast... well let's just say it has a long way to go. It's free but so are farts and turds.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 AM #56
RJ GBA

RJ GBA owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post

Exactly, ill go out of my way to watch a psp webcast. MM is the best because of everything he brings to the table. What players should do in the situations we are watching, the fact that he has met most of them and knows a back story for the player or the team and his personal experiences as a pro. The list goes on and on for why matty is the best. Then you get lasoya or steve rabackoff up there who is pretty good as well and they always have something interesting or important to say. Or a pro from dynasty etc who they interview between points so there is never any dead air time. And last but not least, todd matrinez and nicky cuba, when those guys get in the booth, you cant help but laugh at what they are saying sometimes. It's tid bits of short bus which is awesome.

Nppl webcast... well let's just say it has a long way to go. It's free but so are farts and turds.
Agreed.
RJ GBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM #57
~TOMA KIDZ~
Ghetto

~TOMA KIDZ~ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
~TOMA KIDZ~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
~TOMA KIDZ~ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We NEED MM
~TOMA KIDZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM #58
sponder

sponder plays in the PSP
sponder supports Team VICIOUS
sponder plays in the APPA D5 division
sponder supports Empire
I watched the webcast pretty much from start to finish when it was available and have a couple of comments.

1) please have the sound on even if no commentating is going on

2) for the love of god, give us some more camera angles... there are more areas on the field than the snake/carwash

3) commentators... please know what the names of the teams are.. we shouldn't hear you asking who is playing in the background

4) when the webcast goes down, post someone on facebook so the fans know what is going on. communication is key.

5) make sure the commentators have team rosters and that they learn how to pronounce people's names ahead of time.. professionalism

At times, depending on who was in the booth, it was well commentated and entertaining but mostly it just wasn't. I could live with the not so great commentating if there had been a better view of the action but you really couldn't following anything other than what was going on in the snake.
sponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM #59
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a username View Post
Actually the man from Vendetta was there most of the webcast and he would spot some moves but he would usually follow it with the wrong team name or wrong player. I like having players in the booth but they needed an anchor
True, but I mentioned him in the finals only because I think what you noted was him jumping in sporatically the 1st two days to save Bea, and I thought he got a lot better on Sunday. In fairness, the broadcast was eons better Sunday as well, so that made it easier to watch and may have made it seem like the announcing was better, because we could actually follow play outside of the carwash and snake!.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM #60
NkdMangina

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
Matty Marshall is a great commentator but they probably couldn't get him because he is with paintball access & the PSP.

Also was it the same MC/DJ from last year? That guy is super annoying
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:50 PM #61
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

If only they could get marshall
Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 AM #62
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Wow hopefully things will be different for Chicago... I was unable to make it to HB but I will be MCing at CPX this weekend for the Chicago event. I will do my best, as always, to help put on the best show possible.

If you are going to the event stop by and say hi... you can also twitter message me with music request and shout outs.

Thanks for the support,
Chris

BTW I totally agree that Matty is the best hands down...

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 PM #63
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

You're looking to improve before the event even starts, so far do good