PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:06 PM #22
AnthonyDStone
Tie Dye Artist/Hippy

has been a member for 10 years
Me for instance,I don't Like tournys because MOST of them aren't well run,And they are breeding ground for cheating.I know a few other VERY good players that feel the same.I will practice with teams and that's fun.Even then they cheat,In the presence of NO refs,Who can't cheat with no one watching?It's Just not fun with bad reffing,Which is abundant.

Tony
AnthonyDStone Fan Club Member #1,753,934
Come on Out to Breakaway Paintball!
www.breakawaypaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2008, 02:13 PM #23
wisconsinballer

The theory behind this was to create a fan base for a local team that had great skill and maybe win something large. I figured that is one reason there are so many good teams in California is because there are many good teams to begin with out on the west coast. The only bad thing about Wisconsin is the weather, but that is minor. If you think about it paintball really originated in this part of the country with the loggers shooting each other with the oil based paintballs. If we have enough paintballers to talk about this idea the better the odds of it happening you never know it could happen.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 PM #24
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveToGo View Post
d3 5man winners boom

stinger factory when they were together

both of the above teams had a much better showing than both mayhem lines put together

xball and 5man are different.

either way, big idea, low expectations to come of it.
Both great teams...we played against each other many times but, i wish both of those teams would start playing xball! Its very hard to go from any 5-man to NXL...

maybe once we arent the only x-ball team in WI playing national events, some sort of merger of a higher level team could be accomplished. Kinda like what X-factor, Denver Altitude and many other teams have done to get the best of the state involved. Untill then project mayhem will still be adding to their roster for the 09 season....

Just my $.02
Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 PM #25
Barbara_Walters
God is good

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
^^That was the only intelligent post in this whole thread.

Can someone please close this?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM #26
BigTime55

Like people have said, money is a huge factor. If you could get a coach and some guys who knew what to look for in solid players and then got some companies to pledge a little bit to get the team going on a trial basis. I think it could be done. But you need some sort of connections to take care of the finical end. I think that there are a lot of players in wisconsin that have more talent then some of the guys playing today. They quit becasuse of the finical end.

If I had a blank check in my back pocket I would attempt to put a team together. But I don't.

Best of luck to everyone.

Blood makes the grass grow
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM #27
BaconCHEEZBurger

I think first of all everyone needs to get out and play each other and make each other better. Too many teams are afraid of playing better teams and losing. Then they quit.

All these fields closing arent helping either. Maybe its just paintballs natural evolution for those fields to close. A sort of survival of the fittest concept. Who knows... All I know is theres a lot of talent but Wisconsin is a HUGE state. Would players in the GB area be willing to travel to Lake geneva every weekend for practices? Or vice versa because I can only imagine if a proteam was created in WI itd be based out of Nelson, Stinger, or Planet Extremes field.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 PM #28
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Planet Extreme has a farm program going. Boom and Stinger Factory are both doing well in D3.

We do need to get teams scrimmaging other teams more frequently. If you keep playing the same guys over and over, you aren't reaching your full potential.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM #29
paintbalr4lif20
not a 2k8'r

and no with stinger opening back up, it could very well be a wisconsin breeding ground in the WINTER.. but after the winter i will be outdoors at pe
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM #30
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

Oh my God...where do I begin. The number of committed players in the state of WI has deteriorated profusely in the last 5 years. The fact that only a handful of tournaments ACTUALLY happen each year versus the dozens that get cancelled is even bigger proof this concept can not be accomplished. 90% of the players spend more time and energy on their "big plans" and matching jerseys then they do playing the sport they supposedly are going to dominate the following year.

Even worse, a large majority of "teams" cant stay together for even an entire season. Internet chatter starts in October and is usually fizzled out by April. Instead of making long term, REALISTIC and ATTAINABLE plans, teams save up their money and play one major event.....Chicago PSP. Now I am not knocking wanting to play against the best, but not playing every week and sharpening your skills and getting smashed at a national level isnt exactly going to impress potential sponsors or anyone for that matter.

Im sure Im going to get blasted for this and am more than happy to respond when it happens.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 PM #31
BaconCHEEZBurger

If you did get a Pro team going MW doesnt exactly have the "best" pro teams out there. Aftershock and Avalanche havent been in the top 4 for a while. Correct me if Im wrong but they always finish mid pack.

I agree with Conrad. Teams have no dedication. Apparently the more you spend on pb the better you are. That extra 900$ you spend on a DM9 compared to a PMR must improve your snap shooting. Right?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM #32
paintbalr4lif20
not a 2k8'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
Im sure Im going to get blasted for this and am more than happy to respond when it happens.
wow conrad why do you fail

just kidding, this man speaks the truff
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM #33
honky

honky is a Supporting Member
honky plays in the PSP
honky plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintbalr4lif20 View Post
i dont think there is a big enough player base in wisconsin to put together a solid d1 or pro team right now that could do good. maybe in the next many years once the sport has grown and wisconsin has more than 2 xball teams
Boom is playing Xball in 09..but youre still right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffles View Post
another reason this will never work is because why would any one want to sit and go through the ranks all the way up to pro when in reality (if they are good) can just get picked up by shock or lanche when they hit d2
Our entire team is based on working up the ranks...and being competitive the whole way. We dont want people who dont fit into the team mentality. We are family. We would not fault anyone for going pro(not that anyones good enough) but to jump to a D2 team would not fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconCHEEZBurger View Post
I think first of all everyone needs to get out and play each other and make each other better. Too many teams are afraid of playing better teams and losing. Then they quit.
your whole post was good..this part is the best. We see it every practice and every cancelled tournament..which leads to the next good point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
The number of committed players in the state of WI has deteriorated profusely in the last 5 years. The fact that only a handful of tournaments ACTUALLY happen each year versus the dozens that get cancelled is even bigger proof this concept can not be accomplished. 90% of the players spend more time and energy on their "big plans" and matching jerseys then they do playing the sport they supposedly are going to dominate the following year.

Even worse, a large majority of "teams" cant stay together for even an entire season. Internet chatter starts in October and is usually fizzled out by April. Instead of making long term, REALISTIC and ATTAINABLE plans, teams save up their money and play one major event.....Chicago PSP. Now I am not knocking wanting to play against the best, but not playing every week and sharpening your skills and getting smashed at a national level isnt exactly going to impress potential sponsors or anyone for that matter.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM #34
Klasic
TGOD

Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyDStone View Post
Me for instance,I don't Like tournys because MOST of them aren't well run,And they are breeding ground for cheating.I know a few other VERY good players that feel the same.I will practice with teams and that's fun.Even then they cheat,In the presence of NO refs,Who can't cheat with no one watching?It's Just not fun with bad reffing,Which is abundant.

Tony
Thanks for your input.
If you were good, you would be winning tournaments and would want to play them for some easy money.

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM #35
backman23
im the vidster

backman23 helped look for balloons
the goal of paintball is to go out and ahve fun and give it your all...money is not the issue, getting a group of guys that just wants to go out and have fun and enjoy there life is the problem...everyone is so thought on themselves of going pro it just takes over there life and its not fun anymore.
thats just my 2 cents. id film it if it works

[DRIVEN MEDIA]
Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 PM #36
honky

honky plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klasic View Post
Thanks for your input.
If you were good, you would be winning tournaments and would want to play them for some easy money.
you tell me where I can play paintball and win easy money. We havent found it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman23 View Post
the goal of paintball is to go out and ahve fun and give it your all...
paintball is about winning for me, but I suppose it would be more fun to play if it were about having fun
Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 PM #37
timmyfreak15(2)

timmyfreak15(2) plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by honky View Post
you tell me where I can play paintball and win easy money. We havent found it yet.

paintball is about winning for me, but I suppose it would be more fun to play if it were about having fun
He meant nothing to the effect of tournaments being easy to win by the "easy money" comment at the end...and it was directed toward the kid saying he was "good" and wasnt into the tourny scene by showing him that he in fact is not as good as he thinks he is

and good luck playing paintball and being so serious about it that you cant have fun on the field. It has been proven time and again with many pro teams breaking up and even more divisional teams ending up in shambles after arguing about how to run the team, have serious practices, ect.
I can tell you from experience, learn to have fun or it will turn into work and you wont want to play anymore
Old 11-20-2008, 09:28 PM #38
wisconsinballer

Now does everyone see how much chatter we caused just from this topic. This means people are thinking about it. Putting money and all of that other crap to the side, do we think that there is talent in this state to do it?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 PM #39
Klasic
TGOD

Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
No.

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 PM #40
paintbalr4lif20
not a 2k8'r

not a pro/d1 team
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM #41
backman23
im the vidster

backman23 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinballer View Post
Now does everyone see how much chatter we caused just from this topic. This means people are thinking about it. Putting money and all of that other crap to the side, do we think that there is talent in this state to do it?
not a chance in hell buddy....

[DRIVEN MEDIA]
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 PM #42
honky

honky plays in the PSP
Ya, I know what he was trying to get across. But do either of you know if Tony is any good or not? He cold be a rock star. There are plenty of great players who stopped playing competitive paintball.

We look at practice as work. Its the means to an end with the end being winning events. We already have established leadership that runs the team, and new comers can either take it or leave it. Losing sucks and theres nothing wrong with a serious team that wants nothing more than to win. There are other teams that party harder(every team in the country) but there arent very many that win. Just because your team couldnt take being serious doesnt mean no team can be serious. The Ironmen and AA's seem to take paintball very seriously. Theyre still around..and they win.
Closed Thread