PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 PM #1
dopefedz

has been a member for 10 years
FBM PM5 Frame modded for future Viking use

Loking to put together another viking project and i have always loved the way the fbm dm/pm frames look. I was off today so I killed sometime messing around with this.

I picked up a bare FBM PM5 frame recently and set out to find everything I needed to make it functional. I then purchased a standard PM5 virtue board for it and recently read up on the whole ribbon eye thing that the PM5s use. I like the look of the frame and modded it some to get my techna trigger out of my timmy to work, so I was determined to figure out a way to get regular eyes on it.

What I did was I desoldered the ribbon eye connector on the board which left 3 little blobs of solder where the connector was soldered to the board. I took 3 little pieces of wire and soldered them very carefully where the board use to be. I then played the guessing game with the 3 wires from a spare set of eyes i had.

After 3 attempts I got them to function. The spares eyes had a connector at the end but I didnt have the other side of the connector to attach to the 3 wires I soldered to the board. So for now the eyes are hard wired to the board.

Here are some pics. The wires i attached to the board are not a particular color for any particular reason it is just what I had available.

Here are my homemade power buttons lol. The stock rubber buttons were too short when used in the FBM, so I bought a couple of screws, shaved the heads down a little and shortend them to the right length.

Here is the frame complete and a mock up picture on my tarantula.

Last edited by dopefedz : 08-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
dopefedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 PM #2
C_losjoker

Very nice work, that does look good. Like the shape of how the trigger guard lines up. Little short on the back, maybe you can add a nice snatch grip to fill in.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:54 AM #3
dopefedz

There is no gap left in the back. It is flush with the body it is just the angle of the pic.
dopefedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 PM #4
meercenary
Dirty Dirty Gun Whore.

meercenary plays in the PSP
meercenary owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
meercenary is an NCPA player
meercenary has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
^^^ Tremendous job, this looks great. I always loved how the PM5 FBM frames looked on milled vikes. The trigger guard just looks more natural squared off than UL frames do.