PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 AM #22
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

has been a member for 10 years
I have choke, survivor, and haunted. Thus far I've been unimpressed but for the sake of the nation I'll give them a re-read when I get the chance.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM #23
republicanIDEOLOGUE

Survivor is the only Chucky P book I've been able to enjoy since Fight Club.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM #24
BennyTB

Any idea if choke will be realased into movie theaters?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 PM #25
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTB View Post
Any idea if choke will be realased into movie theaters?
There is none yet. Hopefully, the premier tonight at sundance will attract the attention of some studios so they can release it to a larger audience.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 PM #26
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Well, the debut apparently went well. Fox Searchlight was quick to buy the movie. Here's a quote from The Cult:

Quote:
In what they're already calling the best sale of the festival, Fox Searchlight as of 5am this morning, has bought Clark Gregg's adaptation of Choke for a reported $5 million! The film had its world premiere last night at the Racquet Club Theatre, and Chuck Palahniuk was in attendance as the film got a roaring applause.

Here's a quote from Alex Billington, a critic at one of my favorite movie sites, FirstShowing.net:

Quote:
I caught the world premiere of Choke last night and certainly will confirm that it is one hell of a great film. It's no Fight Club, but it is a Chuck Palahniuk movie in its own right delivering a solid story with great comedy and a perfect performance by Sam Rockwell. It's not my own favorite movie of the fest, but I couldn't be happier seeing this get picked up by the best indie distributor out there. Fox Searchlight has put out some of the biggest indie hits - Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine, Juno - and now it's time for Choke!
Folks, this could be the best news we've reported on the site in years. I could not have thought of a better way this could have turned out. I just sent Chuck a text, congratulating him. I can't wait to hear what he says about all of this. It must've been one hell of a night.

Cheers for Choke, Chuck, and a wonderful job by Clark Gregg and his cast and crew!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:07 PM #27
Michael Scott
Is gettin a boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen X View Post
Well, the debut apparently went well. Fox Searchlight was quick to buy the movie. Here's a quote from The Cult:
Yay!

PENN STATE
Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 PM #28
imyourfrend
My body is a wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen X View Post
He plans on doing 3 books in the Rant universe, which I'm excited about.

CHOKE was made into a film and will premier at this years Sundance Film Festival next week.

Survivor and Rant are my favorite chuck books.
He can notice any dick and ***** in town. He's a beast.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM #29
BennyTB

tottally *****ing
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 AM #30
Seroth

i can't wait for Choke to come out
Old 01-31-2008, 02:15 AM #31
TheGoldenState

haunted is by far my favorite that ive read so far, but hopefully soon i should have rad them all. as soon as i finish one, i buy another. im in the middle well more towards the end of survivor so well see how it turns out.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:49 PM #32
N$$balla
1k992'r

i'm maybe 80 pages into lullaby, and i dont get it, whats happening? i've read fight club, but i find no concept in this book.

Originally Posted by EmergenC911: "I have never lol'd so hard from a PbN post :tup:"
Originally Posted by jay web: "**** you i bet you drive your moms mini van you ****ing boy scout"
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg: "You're....kinda a douche bag."
Old 01-31-2008, 03:52 PM #33
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Quote:
Originally Posted by N$$balla View Post
i'm maybe 80 pages into lullaby, and i dont get it, whats happening? i've read fight club, but i find no concept in this book.
What? The guy is a journalist investigating a large number of infant 'crib deaths' via a culling song that kills anyone who hears it. I figured by page 80 that would have been clear, no?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM #34
cioeboy

I think haunted should be made into something like a HBO miniseries. That is the only way it could be done.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM #35
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cioeboy View Post
I think haunted should be made into something like a HBO miniseries. That is the only way it could be done.
It was supposed to. Actually, last I heard, HBO purchased the rights but nothing has been done or said since then. That was a couple weeks before the book was even released. Maybe they've decided otherwise now. I would love to see the stories like Exodus, Nightmare Box, and my favorite story from the book, Obsolete translated to screens. I forgot about the speculated HBO mini series.

I was searching youtube and came across a lot of recorded readings on Palahniuk's book tours and footage from his documentary DVD.

I thought this was pretty well done:

And now, because I can, here's a reading where he read a chapter from Snuff.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 PM #36
BennyTB

hey I have a quistion about Rant that has really been bugging me that I cannot for the life of me rember. The things that the people like plugged into for watching movies and getting like experiences yanno what the hell was that called? It's been driving me crazy
Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 PM #37
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

You mean the Implant Ports?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 PM #38
cioeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTB View Post
hey I have a quistion about Rant that has really been bugging me that I cannot for the life of me rember. The things that the people like plugged into for watching movies and getting like experiences yanno what the hell was that called? It's been driving me crazy
It is called boosting ports.

Anyone else love how Chuck's books are always narrated in a strange way (ex. Fight Club from Tyler in the hospital, Rant by his friends after his "death", survivor from Tender on the flight recorder, Haunted by an unknown member at the "writers retreat")

Also a question I have been thinking alot about. If a curfew system like in Rant were ever implemented would you choose to live in the night or the day? I can't decide one way or the other.

Last edited by cioeboy : 05-09-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 PM #39
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

I wouldn't say Fight Club was narrated from the hospital, but yeah, Palahniuk's been playing with the narrative since he did the coma diary, almost second-person perspective, in Diary.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:12 AM #40
botchfanatic

I just finished Suvivor last week or so. WOW, i've read, Choke, Diary, Rant,, and Fight Club. I would never have read this many books in my life, among others too if I didn't see the movie Fight Club. That led me to the book, which is better in my opinion, then to all the others, Palahniuk has this dark mood in each book that is just amazing.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:36 AM #41
I>JuggernautsV1.2

did i see someone mention cp?????????

no seriously though fight club is ftw
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 AM #42
ScareKrow
Vultures of Culture

ScareKrow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I read Invisible Monsters last week. Wasn't my favorite, but it still wasn't bad.